Brees Apologizes [merged] (2 Viewers)

I wouldn't expect those who are racist at heart to stand with him. I wouldn't expect a group of folks who don't face what black Americans do to stand with him. I wouldn't expect the weak to take a stand either.

I would however expect a man who has made millions playing alongside a majority of black athletes to not be so tone deaf to what they are battling. I would expect a "Christian" man to have a heart that causes him to care more about his fellow man than a piece of cloth dangling from a pole.
So the overwhelming majority of NFL players and fans at NFL stadiums are racist? Do I understand this correctly? Because if that's what you're saying, we'll just have to disagree.

He wasn't protesting the flag or the anthem or America. It was about the way Black people are treated in this country. But you know this already.

Well, since we are holding people fully accountable for their quotes, he actually did say that lol. You need to argue with him about it not me

Well, since we are holding people fully accountable for their quotes, he actually did say that lol. You need to argue with him about it not me
I'm not going to argue with anyone. We all see and hear what we want to see and hear.

Whether or not it was said directly or indirectly, that's exactly what's implied.

But you're right about one thing, I DO NOT want to move forward together with anyone who opposes human life.

How can we possibly be "together" if you value a flag and its sentimental value to you over the potential loss of my life. Let me explain why I just said this:

Choosing to speak up about a flag and what it means to you and not choosing to speak up about the issue that's causing you to speak up at all says A LOT.
I am asking this sincerely: do you truly believe that Drew Brees values the flag more than human life? Because if that's the implication you took from his comments, I don't think we're speaking the same language.

Whether or not it was said directly or indirectly, that's exactly what's implied.

But you're right about one thing, I DO NOT want to move forward together with anyone who opposes human life.

How can we possibly be "together" if you value a flag and its sentimental value to you over the potential loss of my life. Let me explain why I just said this:

Choosing to speak up about a flag and what it means to you and not choosing to speak up about the issue that's causing you to speak up at all says A LOT.
You're being obtuse. You know that wasn't what he was implying, but you're pushing that narrative anyway. Brees said in the very same interview, mere seconds later, that he stands to honor, not only the military, but ALL those who sacrificed for this country and specifically spoke of the civil rights leaders of the 60's. He stands to HONOR those people, not to oppose what they stood for.

This is the problem. You wish he had said "with anyone who is disrespecting the flag" because that makes it sound like he disagrees with the cause. So you insert "who is" to make it sound worse, but it changes the entire meaning of the statement. What he said was "I will never agree with anyone disrespecting the flag." The fact that you felt the need to add words to his statement to make it sound worse proves that there was nothing wrong with his statement.

He clearly disagrees with the form of the protest but not the cause behind it. Can you not see that? Why does it matter so much that he disagrees with the form of the protest when the actual fight against police brutality is what's important?
Its concerning that you don't see that your interpretation is just as bad and says exactly the same thing.

Its still valuing a flag over (protesting loss of) human life.

So the overwhelming majority of NFL players and fans at NFL stadiums are racist? Do I understand this correctly? Because if that's what you're saying, we'll just have to disagree.
The majority either don't care or are racist themselves. There's no excuse for anyone to have a blind eye to this issue. If you do it says alot about you.

Its concerning that you don't see that your interpretation is just as bad and says exactly the same thing.

Its still valuing a flag over (protesting loss of) human life.
I didn't interpret anything. You added words to his statement to make it sound worse, presumably because you didn't think it sounded bad enough the way he said it. The two are not the same, otherwise you wouldn't have felt the need to add words.

I'll ask you again: do you honestly believe that Drew values the flag more than human life?

Does anyone remember Brees donating $5.000.000 to Nola to fight Covid? It was barely a blip compared to this...Goes to show where the media's true interests are invested..wake up!
It's funny you say that. I was just trying to find the full context of the interview with Yahoo Finance, not just the one question and answer about the flag, but the full interview and couldn't find it anywhere. Granted I don't have the patience to wade through all the muck, but it seems it would be readily available.

The majority either don't care or are racist themselves. There's no excuse for anyone to have a blind eye to this issue. If you do it says alot about you.
Well 70% or so of NFL players are black. Are most of them racist or don't care about the issue?

And don't suggest I'm turning a blind eye. That's a cop out. I'm here having an honest discussion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom