Brees Apologizes [merged] (1 Viewer)

Merge if being discussed on another thread we have so many of these now but just when things were calming down Trump opens his big mouth. Okay I’ll be civil here and just say this is not going away anytime soon.

Last edited:
Why are you changing this now?
I'm not changing anything. It means the exact same thing as I intended it to before. I'm clarifying it to you because I've gotten to a point in this discussion where i feel the need to because I believe you don't understand me.

Well 70% or so of NFL players are black. Are most of them racist or don't care about the issue?

And don't suggest I'm turning a blind eye. That's a cop out. I'm here having an honest discussion.
I'm speaking of folks in general not you specifically.

Black players are in a tough position. They play in a predominantly black league run by 90% white owners who care more about their bottom line than what's right. For most playing in the league is an opportunity to bring generational wealth to their families. So their choice is protest and lose that opportunity and be poor and black in America or don't protest during the anthem and be black in America with some change in their pockets. Those that choose money are just as guilty. However, few have the voice Drew Brees has. This movement needs white people to not be silent. Only then will things change.

I'm not changing anything. It means the exact same thing as I intended it to before. I'm clarifying it to you because I've gotten to a point in this discussion where i feel the need to because I believe you don't understand me.
I've asked you twice, so I'll ask you a third time: do you believe that Drew values the flag from than human life?

If you don’t bash Brees’, “maybe you aren’t black enough”. According to some.
So its just black people who disagree?
Its just black people protesting?
Its just black people rioting, too?

Can you at least see why its so hard not to label people who think like yourself as a racist?

So what you're saying now is that I & others misunderstood the words that you used. How ironic...

"Its still valuing a flag over protesting loss of human life."
"Its still valuing a flag over human life."

No, I wouldn't say those the same thing and for the record, I don't believe either is true of Brees.

I've asked you twice, so I'll ask you a third time: do you believe that Drew values the flag from than human life?
Calm down, I'm at work, I'm getting to you, now.

No, I do not believe Drew is any of those things and I accept his apology.

I believe people who share Drew's perspective of his intial response are ALL of those things, either due to ignorance or blatantly.

So what you're saying now is that I & others misunderstood the words that you used. How ironic...

"Its still valuing a flag over protesting loss of human life."
"Its still valuing a flag over human life."

No, I wouldn't say those the same thing and for the record, I don't believe either is true of Brees.
I dont either but how are those things different? They're both PRO-life stances, how are they different and how can you not see that they aren't?

Last edited:
Merge if being discussed on another thread we have so many of these now but just when things were calming down Trump opens his big mouth. Okay I’ll be civil here and just say this is not going away anytime soon.

For Drew's sake, Trump please stay out of it!

Is this a surprise?

I'm speaking of folks in general not you specifically.

Black players are in a tough position. They play in a predominantly black league run by 90% white owners who care more about their bottom line than what's right. For most playing in the league is an opportunity to bring generational wealth to their families. So their choice is protest and lose that opportunity and be poor and black in America or don't protest during the anthem and be black in America with some change in their pockets. Those that choose money are just as guilty. However, few have the voice Drew Brees has. This movement needs white people to not be silent. Only then will things change.
Thanks for clarifying that it wasn't directed at me. Sorry for lashing out.

I don't agree with the premise of your post. My guess is that most players don't protest at the games because they don't think it's the right time to do it, but it's just that - a guess. I don't think it's fair to label them racists because they refuse to kneel.

As for the need for white people to speak out, you're probably right, but you could very well be in the minority. I've heard a number of comments along the lines of "white people just need to listen," and I have to imagine that the backlash Drew received will make most whites very hesitant to say anything.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom