Brees Apologizes [merged] (1 Viewer)

I don't know man - you think 350 years of captivity, then slavery, then segregation, and effects of that (being denied loans to buy houses or businesses, being denied education because your schools don't get enough tax money, etc.), might have something to do with it?

At some point people have to move past what happened and live in the now. That's why I asked - what specific laws and policies are impacting Black Wealth?

>>being denied education because your schools don't get enough tax money, etc.

There are more poor white people in that situation than black. So that's not racism.

Please list or describe the laws and government policies that result in black wealth being reduced.
They created a board called Mad About Politics where this discussions should probably occur. I'm guilty myself for responding to the post about Trump commenting on Brees but they don't want politics taking over threads, site-wide I think.

That is not laws and government policies, and everything in that video pertains to all races in the US, including white. Probably surprise you to know that there are far more white citizens living below the poverty line than black citizens. That's not racism and neither is any of this. This is liberal activists, politicians, and media dividing people for power gain and control. Been happening since the start of time.
LOL. There are more "they took our jobs" white people below the poverty line because white people make up 70% of the country.

That is not laws and government policies, and everything in that video pertains to all races in the US, including white. Probably surprise you to know that there are far more white citizens living below the poverty line than black citizens. That's not racism and neither is any of this. This is liberal activists, politicians, and media dividing people for power gain and control. Been happening since the start of time.
I'm pretty sure you didn't watch the video lol

I'll give you one of many: red lining

Also, it wouldn't surprise me to know that about white poverty numbers being higher because the country is majority white lol Like 6 to 1 black person. And still its disproportionate.

LOL. There are more "they took our jobs" white people below the poverty line because white people make up 70% of the country.

Right, so how does that prove these issues are tied to racism? It doesn't because they are not. They are about the gap in income across the population - which doesn't know color.

Look at this board the last couple of days and how divisive it's been. He's trying to further that divisiveness. It's all he knows how to do.
Mattis wasn't kidding in his article in the Atlantic. Said that all Trump cares about and is capable of doing is creating division. Whether it's citizens, his staff, Congress, our allies, our enemies, his family, probably even baby seals at the zoo, all he knows how to do is create division and sow chaos.

I'll be sure to come to you next time something happens. Clearly you are the authority on what is racist and what is just...one of those things.

He shouldn't have had to apologize. If people think that he doesn't care of the reason behind it they're wrong but at the same time ...well the same can be said about the ones that did kneel and that they don't care about what the flag means to the people that love the flag , what it stands for. There were other ways to get their point across without kneeling during the anthem.

Right, so how does that prove these issues are tied to racism? It doesn't because they are not. They are about the gap in income across the population - which doesn't know color.
When people are utterly unreachable/incapable of even entertaining that there's something other than their views and opinions that are facts called history - or choose to be willfully blind, I bow out. Enjoy your weekend, dude.

He shouldn't have had to apologize. If people think that he doesn't care of the reason behind it they're wrong but at the same time ...well the same can be said about the ones that did kneel and that they don't care about what the flag means to the people that love the flag , what it stands for. There were other ways to get their point across without kneeling during the anthem.
HE DIDN'T HAVE TO. He's a grown arse man with more money than God who CHOSE TO reach out to his teammates who he obviously offended to understand their perspective. It's called being a human being capable of growth and introspection.

What would the response look like? To those who find his two apologies lacking, what would responding to Trump do that the apologies didn’t do?

I’m staying quite for a while if I’m him.
To me, it would remove doubt that he's an ally by speaking truth to power (who also happens to be the biggest agitator).

Brees didn't have to apologize. He chose to do the right thing.

Brees didn't have to apologize. He chose to do the right thing.
I'm pretty sure there are only a few (if that many people) who can tell Drew what to do that he'll listen to. His wife, Payton and Loomis/Mrs. B, and God. He apparently doesn't even totally listen to his agent anymore.

I'm pretty sure there are only a few (if that many people) who can tell Drew what to do that he'll listen to. His wife, Payton and Loomis/Mrs. B, and God. He apparently doesn't even totally listen to his agent anymore.
That's weak, if true.

That's weak, if true.
Not at all. I think it means he can't easily be persuaded. That if he didn't see the 'error of his ways,' he wouldn't have apologized. He did that video so people could see how sorry he was in his eyes. His words. This was all him.

While I vehemently disagree with his position, I kept telling my friends/family to just wait. That he was going to make it right. He's probably already drawn up a 5-year action plan and is assembling his coalition as we speak. If he says he'll make it right, he'll do it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom