Brees Apologizes [merged] (1 Viewer)

Holy crap!!! They just played the previous question and answer prior to the controversial one. Brees went five minutes on we need to work together and not just with words but with actions to get the changes needed to get equality for all. We’ve been hit with some big things here with COVID and George Floyd killing and only by working together can we accomplish big change and get thru these troubled times. And he looked forward to playing a part in generating change. HE GAVE A PERFECT ANSWER!
He was then asked specifically about the kneeling during the anthem and he started his answer saying I won’t ever agree with anyone disrespecting the flag or anthem, his general feeling, never calling out individually those players that did. He went on to explain why he felt that way.
To focus on only that statement re the flag and anthem and ignoring the previous question and answer is completely unfair to Brees.

Gee, it's almost as if we've been manipulated like pawns in someone else's chess game. Again.

I dont feel worse about the future, becuase eventually all the closed-minded old ****s that are my age and older will die off, and each generation gets progressively more open-minded and accepting of differences.

yeh, we've seen how accepting of difference they are over the last week.

Aww Drew......there was nothing wrong with anything you said. There is everything wrong with people who had a problem with anything you said. Your message was positive and coming from a good place. No country is perfect and without shame. Our country provides the most freedoms, liberties and opportunities to any and all classes and races beyond any other country in the world. We have fought and died for generations, all races and classes of people to get to where we are today. I will not shame or disrespect that in any way. I will not spend any more time on this with statistics but people are killed by other people everyday and in horrible ways and in 99% or more race was not a factor. Don't let the media play you. This isn't systemic racism, no one is oppressed. This was a heartless murder that should not have happened and that was thankfully caught on video (my opinion).
No systemic racism and no one is oppressed? This has to be sarcasm.

Of course not. He said the flag shouldn't be disrespected. In what sane world does that merit an apology?
It's the definition of 'disrespect'.

Peacefully kneeling, to one side, is peaceful and respectful. To the other is a criminal offense.

How are you going to reconcile that?

I'm not nearly radical enough because I generally feel humans in the right circumstances are always minutes away from a mob lynching anyway, so if you want go right at the tension of the heart of that and have one worldview win...good luck...let's see what is left that is worthwhile once one side or the other "wins".

Last edited:
I dont feel worse about the future, becuase eventually all the closed-minded old ****s that are my age and older will die off, and each generation gets progressively more open-minded and accepting of differences.

People have been literally saying this for hundreds of years and yet here we are dealing with the same issues, having the same arguments, saying the same things.

Drew Brees has done more for the black people than Jenkins, Thomas, Kamara done combined...... what a joke this has become.

I can't wait until one of these guys is arrested for drugs or murder charges. Then they will know about justice

I mean, this is just blatant racism and maybe you really don't even see it.

Why do you think any of those guys will be arrested on drug or murder charges - why is that something you can't wait for?

I hope you're just young and stupid and there's still a chance for you to evolve.

Drew Brees has done more for the black people than Jenkins, Thomas, Kamara done combined...... what a joke this has become.

I can't wait until one of these guys is arrested for drugs or murder charges. Then they will know about justice
Ignorance is bliss I see. Go watch some more Ailes propaganda.

HUH????? More sarcasm, got it.

It's the definition of 'disrespect'.

Peacefully kneeling, to one side, is peaceful and respectful. To the other is a criminal offense.

How are you going to reconcile that?

I'm not nearly radical enough because I generally feel humans in the right circumstances are always minutes away from a mob lynching anyway, so if you want go right at the tension of the heart of that and have one worldview win...good luck...let's see what is left that is worthwhile once one side or the other wins.

What was the point of kneeling during the national anthem? That's an honest question, because like anything imbued with racial tension, the definition is terribly elusive.

This was very heartfelt and not written by a PR. This was written by a person who felt the pain that can only be felt when a good person does something hurtful to another human being. I hope that you can see that and feel that. I don't know many people who would have said it as well and with as much compassion as Drew. He did not make excuses, he took full accountability, said that he is anxious to improve himself and asked for forgiveness.

Whoever does not accept his request for forgiveness isn't worthy of it and will actually help him know who his true friends are...and good riddance. Show me the person who asks for forgiveness and shouldn't receive it? Clearly it isn't someone like DB.

Because Alvin Kamara already has a criminal record. Thomas has a criminal record. Jenkins is just nuts and calls out anyone who disagrees with him.

What ave they done for the black community?

Jenkins is a passionate and intelligent man. There's nothing in his behavior that indicates his future will include the drug trade or murder.

Kamara was arrested on traffic violations. Anything else? If that's a prelude to a criminal future, a lot of people in this country are doomed.

What criminal past does Michael Thomas have?

What have you done for the black community? Given your posts, it certainly isn't to listen with an open mind.

Because Alvin Kamara already has a criminal record. Thomas has a criminal record. Jenkins is just nuts and calls out anyone who disagrees with him.

What ave they done for the black community?
First let me say before you make statements, do you research on your ignorance. Michael Thomas the best WR in the NFL doesn't have a criminal record. Secondly Kamara made a mistake, and became one the best RB's the NFL and has been a roll model for young kids. So donations and speaking to young boys and girls in school to let them know they can overcome the odds against them. Drew does things for the city of New Orleans, not just for the black community.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom