Brees' Argument (1 Viewer)

Toddicus

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I was wondering why Brees had to make an argument to go for the TD prior to halftime. If you are down by 21 wouldn't you be forced to give it a try? I was glad we went for it (and made it) b'se if we were to loose the game at least we would have gone down swinging.

I thought the call was going to be a fake field goal, which is why I thought Miami called a timeout. Just what I thought at the time, but it seemed like the right time to do it.

I disagree. Going into HT w/out getting any points is more demoralizing than getting 3 points, IMO. Glad it worked out the way it did. It definately gave us more momentum coming out in the 2nd half.

What did the coach have to say about it?
He said it was more of having time that the time out gave him. He had to have the feild goal unit ready to go. I didn't want to miss quote him but you can always find the post game presser on here, just search for StChadwicks latest post for all media.

How about Sparano calling a friggin timeout to give us the shot at going for the TD instead.

Totally changed the complexion of the game.

Brees talked him into it.

Brees wanted to make amends.

What would Breesus do? Score!

btw the Dolphans are ticked that we had a chance to score that TD. Apparently the refs screwed them. :idunno:

How? It was initially ruled a TD. The refs helped them out by changing the call (correctly)! Their own coach called a timeout. Payton said they were ready to kick a field goal. THe timeout triggered the play call change, thanks to Drew talking coach into it. Although, announcers mentioned, SP never argued against it. Not much of an "argument." Shows that he has full confidence in Brees.

How? It was initially ruled a TD. The refs helped them out by changing the call (correctly)! Their own coach called a timeout. Payton said they were ready to kick a field goal. THe timeout triggered the play call change, thanks to Drew talking coach into it. Although, announcers mentioned, SP never argued against it. Not much of an "argument." Shows that he has full confidence in Brees.

plus, I seriously doubt it would take much to convince left-lane cruisin Payton to ever go for it

I thought the call was going to be a fake field goal, which is why I thought Miami called a timeout. Just what I thought at the time, but it seemed like the right time to do it.

Thats exactly what I thought. I think at the very least is thats why Miami called the TO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom