Brees asked if he’s playing this week.”Thats the plan.” (1 Viewer)

Simple. If he’s ready he will play. I see a lot of value going into the bye with game experience vs coming out of the bye with none.

From what I just heard from his mouth on the news, he's playing Sunday unless there's a setback, which isn't likely considering the surgery he had.

Was it me or did it sound like he was a tad annoyed by the hand questions (given his terse responses)? I'm not sure if he was just tired of hearing them or if it was more like he was dejected that his hand is not as healed as he would like it to be.

I say NO way he plays Sunday. It's typical Payton playing the mind games again.

Was it me or did it sound like he was a tad annoyed by the hand questions (given his terse responses)? I'm not sure if he was just tired of hearing them or if it was more like he was dejected that his hand is not as healed as he would like it to be.
Could be a little of both, IMO. I don't know if it's that his hand isn't as healed as he'd like it to be so much as maybe his hand was pretty sore after using it to play football for the first time in weeks. We'll see as the week goes on. I doubt they're going to do anything to even possibly push it too far with the hand. And if that means sitting him this week then so be it.

Could be a little of both, IMO. I don't know if it's that his hand isn't as healed as he'd like it to be so much as maybe his hand was pretty sore after using it to play football for the first time in weeks. We'll see as the week goes on. I doubt they're going to do anything to even possibly push it too far with the hand. And if that means sitting him this week then so be it.
and that's the beauty of it. they have the luxury of sitting him, since it's an easy opponent at home and the team is functioning just fine w/out him. If we were like 4-3 and a tough opponent, maybe u go out there with 90%-95% Drew. But considering how we're going to need Drew at 100% come playoffs, I see no reason to rush anything

If anyone read Drew's book that he released a year or two after the superbowl, you'll remember a quote he referenced that was told to him by his NFL QB Mentor, Doug Flutie, "Never let your backup see the field, because you may never get your job back." As happy as Drew is for Teddy's success, he still has too much fire and passion to play the game and is not ready to be a spectator. And all of the talk about Drew's successor over the last couple of years and even more now has impacted him.

We all know that once Drew returns, it's his team. Without question. But I'm sure those words have been rattling around in his head since the day he began rehabbing the thumb. And Teddy going undefeated in his absence has only raised the volume of the rattling.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom