Brees asks mother to pull his image from her political ads (1 Viewer)

Kerry is married to the Heinz family, not Kraft.

Ketchup and cheese are two completely different things, that nonetheless are perfect on a burger with bacon.

Kerry is married to the Heinz family, not Kraft.

Ketchup and cheese are two completely different things, that nonetheless are perfect on a burger with bacon.

Oh well, I try to act smart and I look like a *******. Maybe next time I will get one right.

From the article:
"I love Drew very much, and I'm very proud of him. But sometimes when people are following a career path, they change," she said.

What she fails to realize is that apparently she is the one who changed when she began to follow a career path. Judgiing from Brees' actions since coming to New Orleans, he is the one I'd be more willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

Yea but we don't know the whole story. She does sound like a classic opportunist.

The Austin American Statesman has another article about it. you may have to register. http://www.statesman.com/

I live in Austin and while in law school I worked in a small office with his mother. She was never there, seemed very aloof and distant, and did not impress me.

by the way - the ad is fairly awful - drawing a vague tie-in to football and politics, and throwing drew's name all over it - definitely reeks of opportunism.

Her argument in the article about why football was relevant to her campaign was lost to me.

So, no Mama Brees in Chunky soup ads then?

Regardless of what went down or who's "at fault", very sad that Drew and his mother have that kind of relationship...

Last edited:
Anybody know anything about Drew's dad? Clearly no mention his mom's web page. So I checked some bios and such, and they all talk about his grandfather being one of the most successful high school football coaches ever, but I saw nothing about his dad. Even his bio from back at Purdue, which I thought was odd. Our athletes' bios at school all have something to the effect of, "son/daughter of _______ and _________, siblings _________. Majoring in _________." But that wasn't on Drew's bio. Just wondering.

From the article:
"I love Drew very much, and I'm very proud of him. But sometimes when people are following a career path, they change," she said.

oh paahleeeze

His mother doesnt sound like a pleasant individual, good for Drew for standing up to her.

Th

I live in Austin and while in law school I worked in a small office with his mother. She was never there, seemed very aloof and distant, and did not impress me.

I worked with her as well and I do not share your opinion of her. She doesn't strike me as the type of person that would do this, but you never really know. However, since I do know her personally, I will offer no criticism here.

As an interesting aside, I have a business partner whose son plays qb at Westlake in Austin now and is breaking some of Drew's records there. I tried to get him to LSU but he has committed to Airzona State.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=43&p=8&c=1&nid=2406145

Nick's big offensive tackle, Matt Nader, who was a big recruit for UT this year collapsed on the field and was pretty much dead before they revived him. The team had a defibrillator on the field and the kid was literally brought back to life. His parents were both doctors as were some other Westlake parents and they came down to help. I talked to soemone who was there and it was quite a wild scene. The game was canceled after the incident.

I read later that although Nader cannot play football anymore, UT will honor his scholarship and he will be somehow involved with their program.

Look, I am related to Drew via my uncle's marriage to Mina (Drew's mother) and I can tell you that she was very excited to see Drew come to New Orleans. She told me that personally! Moreover, she was planning to come to many of his home games...San Diego was just too far to go sometimes.

Yes it is true about the whole agency issue with Drew and his mom, but I believe that is now mostly water under the bridge.

Do they have the perfect Mother Son relationship? No, but they don't despise each other either!

I have never personally met Drew, but I have met Mina and Drew's grandfather and they are both ultra-competitive and physically fit individuals...even at their current ages. Nonetheless, it is easy for me to see why Drew has been and will continue to be a success in the NFL. When Drew's career comes to an end in New Orleans, barring injury, he will be right up there with Archie (IMO).

I think to put this as a post to this website was a mistake. What good does it do us fans to bring into the discussion Drew' personal life and apparent dirty laundry? The story was generated out of Texas but is hardly news-worthy. It is probably just political spin from opponents that is being disguised as a news story. But bigger than that, to bring it over here where it may have never been noticed is no help to a team trying to establish a culture of class and integrity and is irresponsible. IMO.

Why would anyone want to bring in this kind of off the field distraction?

No really. Why?

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom