Brees before the half (1 Viewer)

I was telling my cousin last night....that play has to make you realize how much Brees will be missed when he's gone. Sure his arm may not be what it once was but his control of the line of scrimmage, leadership and mental acumen is a big reason the Saints are 4-2 instead of 2-4.

No. It was just good enough. Which is all you can ask for in 2020. It wasn't horrible, it wasn't great.

16% is a crazy increase in scoring without any major rule changes to explain it away. You think firing DA is the solution?
I think it is a good start. It seems like he tries to fit his players into his schemes rather then fitting his schemes to his players abilities. Today, he had Hendrickson, his best pass rusher so far this season, drop into pass coverage.
WR receiver are given 10 yard cushion and are rarely challenged on their release. There were a couple of third and three plays today where the DBs were playing 5 yards off.
DA has had his chances and has failed.

Erase if posted elsewhere. To me, play of the game was the spike ball before the half. Anyone get mad like me and wonder why Brees moved over Kamara. Tackle was uncovered. Would of been illegal formation and 10 second runoff which would of resulted in halftime. Would of wiped off 7 points.
The man is amazing.

If Armstead were healthy, Drew would have had an even bigger game today. He played well above average without perhaps his best O lineman (although Ram has probably ascended to that spot now) and his two starting receivers. Unreal.

Don't you love the INDEPTH ANALYSIS by the Talking Heads when they point out such things about Drew!

Oh wait...

This is a great win without MT, Sanders and Armstead for a half. It appears the team is rounding into form and getting better each week. Drew's experience is definitely a plus. At this point in his career, he has seen it all.

I don't want Drew's head. I really just question how sustainable 14 play drives are and relying on physics-defying joystick plays by Kamara is. I think all this trickery gets snuffed out in the playoffs again.

I wonder how sustainable is a defense that forces the other team to punt once while not causing any turnovers is, but hey, you know.

After all, this is the defense that's given up the game-tying or game-ending score after a Brees comeback in our last three playoff losses, so I have a pretty good idea of what's going to happen in the playoffs again.

Watch more football.

Erase if posted elsewhere. To me, play of the game was the spike ball before the half. Anyone get mad like me and wonder why Brees moved over Kamara. Tackle was uncovered. Would of been illegal formation and 10 second runoff which would of resulted in halftime. Would of wiped off 7 points.
I was right with you screaming and as soon as AK set I knew exactly what he had seen and corrected. Incredible.

Scoring is up 16% this season opposed to the same period last season. I don't think you guys realize how impressive holding a team to 24 points is this season....

What more do you expect?
The Panthers only had the ball for 10 minutes of the game while we had it for 50. Chunk plays are coming to easy for opposing teams.

The Panthers only had the ball for 10 minutes of the game while we had it for 50. Chunk plays are coming to easy for opposing teams.

I'm more worried about our complete inability to manufacture chunk plays of our own quite frankly.

Scoring is up 16% this season opposed to the same period last season. I don't think you guys realize how impressive holding a team to 24 points is this season....

What more do you expect?

Oh, let's go crazy.

A turnover? I know it's being greedy, me wanting more than five takeaways in six games.

More than one forced punt a game?

Not having the worst TD red zone defense in the league?

Not having, by almost every measure, despite having invested serious draft and FA talent in the secondary, at best a bottom five pass defense in the league?

A defense that isn't 30th in the NFL in number of penalties committed?

I smell a mole troll.

I wonder how sustainable is a defense that forces the other team to punt once while not causing any turnovers is, but hey, you know.

After all, this is the defense that's given up the game-tying or game-ending score after a Brees comeback in our last three playoff losses, so I have a pretty good idea of what's going to happen in the playoffs again.

Watch more football.
We forced plenty of punts against the Chargers and this crowd still hated on our defense. The defense will always get blamed no matter what it seems.

I'm more worried about our complete inability to manufacture chunk plays of our own quite frankly.

Me too. But we had more than the Panthers today. And we have zero, nada, no deep speed, and a defense to protect. We can't afford a lot of three-and-outs. I'd be more worried about a lack of chunk plays if we had any outside speed at all, and if we ever had to punt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom