Brees best player in Football period (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Fullback Heath Evans, fresh off a four-year run with Tom Brady in New England, sees a lot of similarities between his former quarterback and his current one. He marveled at Brees' "perfect understanding" of the role of every player on the field at all times.

When necessary he'll tell any teammate who doesn't know, what they should do to counteract what their opponent is doing.He(Devery Henderson) said Brees will "coach you up" on how to adjust the route. Wide receivers get better not just because Brees puts the ball where few others can, where they almost can't help but succeed, but he also teaches them the subtleties of playing THEIR position.

When Payton finishes his post-practice news conference, Brees is still on the field, throwing passes to Henderson and Marques Colston, and Lance Moore, and Robert Meachem, and even Shockey, and others, all of whom are better players for having not only played with, but practiced and studied film with, No. 9.

The constant challenge of Williams going against Brees during practice in training camp honed the skills of both the quarterback and the coordinator.

whole article here:http://www.neworleans.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=217678&Itemid=90

If Brees is the best football player in the league then maybe he would have made that tackle in game one. :)

Don't get me wrong, I jumped up (section 644) and started yelling "No!!!, Just let him go!!" as Brees was dropping back into position for the tackle.

I'm glade he heard me and took my advice.

If Brees is the best football player in the league then maybe he would have made that tackle in game one. :)

Don't get me wrong, I jumped up (section 644) and started yelling "No!!!, Just let him go!!" as Brees was dropping back into position for the tackle.

I'm glade he heard me and took my advice.

Against the Lions? Yea I was hoping he'd run straight for the sidelines myself :hihi:

Drew is at the top of his game, for sure. He is playing his position as well as any player, but I doubt that he is the best player in football. He may be in the top 25 though.

Most rich QB's retire from football when their performance drops off, but Drew is so competitive and loves the game so much, I can't see him leaving it. I can see him being a SB coach some day.

I think Lance Moore and Colston ate the Brees cheese, and are nearly as good at what they do as Brees.

Drew is at the top of his game, for sure. He is playing his position as well as any player, but I doubt that he is the best player in football. He may be in the top 25 though.

Most rich QB's retire from football when their performance drops off, but Drew is so competitive and loves the game so much, I can't see him leaving it. I can see him being a SB coach some day.

I think Lance Moore and Colston ate the Brees cheese, and are nearly as good at what they do as Brees.

Which 25 players are better? If I were Loomis I'd sure like to know. No way Drew is out of the top 5 right now. And i'm not talking about past performances or win-loss records. I'm talking about right now, who's playing the best.

Top 25? ***?

Drew Brees is a the best right now. There is really nothing to debate, though the national media will try to annoint someone nonsaint the first loss we have.

Can you imagine what Breesus status would be if he played for Dallas or the say the Giants . You wouldnt be able to turn the TV on without seeing his face . They would change Sport Center to the Bress Show.

Can you imagine what Breesus status would be if he played for Dallas or the say the Giants . You wouldnt be able to turn the TV on without seeing his face . They would change Sport Center to the Bress Show.

Yeah bro, we would be on here sayin '' I'm soo freakin tired of hearing about Brees ''! lmao

I've tried to bring this point up in other threads (not just with Brees--though he is the epitome--but with players like Vilma and Sharper) that when you're talking about a player's intangibles (i.e. leadership, intensity, instincts), the #1 in my mind is always breadth of knowledge. And I'm not just talking about being a simple student of the game... there's guys who can see everything on film and know what they're supposed to do, theoretically, in every situation, yet are still not successful. What I'm referring to is having a conceptual understanding of your position, the scheme you're in, and the philosophy behind what you're doing.

Give Sean Payton credit because these things start with the head coach. He has to make such things clear and understandable. But having a player like Brees at such an integral position who has "it" is absolutely huge. When you are aware not of just what you're supposed to do, but what every player on the field is supposed to do on any given play in any given situation, you are able to maximize your ability. You can visualize the game (as a LB you can see fits and drops and tackles and movement) and anticipate... it's very harmonic and things really seem to "slow down."

I'm not trying to get too abstract here... it's very hard to explain, but anyone who's played ball at any level should be able to grasp the idea. Needless to say, Brees is doing this on a whole nother level and I find it very special to watch.

I've tried to bring this point up in other threads (not just with Brees--though he is the epitome--but with players like Vilma and Sharper) that when you're talking about a player's intangibles (i.e. leadership, intensity, instincts), the #1 in my mind is always breadth of knowledge. And I'm not just talking about being a simple student of the game... there's guys who can see everything on film and know what they're supposed to do, theoretically, in every situation, yet are still not successful. What I'm referring to is having a conceptual understanding of your position, the scheme you're in, and the philosophy behind what you're doing.

Give Sean Payton credit because these things start with the head coach. He has to make such things clear and understandable. But having a player like Brees at such an integral position who has "it" is absolutely huge. When you are aware not of just what you're supposed to do, but what every player on the field is supposed to do on any given play in any given situation, you are able to maximize your ability. You can visualize the game (as a LB you can see fits and drops and tackles and movement) and anticipate... it's very harmonic and things really seem to "slow down."

I'm not trying to get too abstract here... it's very hard to explain, but anyone who's played ball at any level should be able to grasp the idea. Needless to say, Brees is doing this on a whole nother level and I find it very special to watch.

Was llstening to Hokie and Henderson while watching on tv (huge audio delay) and Hokie was saying late in the game that if he's Kolb, he's going back to his tight end that was killing us. Kolb did and Sharper baited him perfectly. Great to have him on the team.

If he were a Cowboy, they probably would be pushing to put his face on some US currency by now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom