Brees best player in Football period (1 Viewer)

I love the saints and i love Drew but im sorry Adrian Peterson is the best player in football

Fullback Heath Evans, fresh off a four-year run with Tom Brady in New England, sees a lot of similarities between his former quarterback and his current one. He marveled at Brees' "perfect understanding" of the role of every player on the field at all times.

When necessary he'll tell any teammate who doesn't know, what they should do to counteract what their opponent is doing.He(Devery Henderson) said Brees will "coach you up" on how to adjust the route. Wide receivers get better not just because Brees puts the ball where few others can, where they almost can't help but succeed, but he also teaches them the subtleties of playing THEIR position.

When Payton finishes his post-practice news conference, Brees is still on the field, throwing passes to Henderson and Marques Colston, and Lance Moore, and Robert Meachem, and even Shockey, and others, all of whom are better players for having not only played with, but practiced and studied film with, No. 9.

The constant challenge of Williams going against Brees during practice in training camp honed the skills of both the quarterback and the coordinator.

whole article here:http://www.neworleans.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=217678&Itemid=90

+ rep, 5 star thread

I love the saints and i love Drew but im sorry Adrian Peterson is the best player in football

valid argument, and very hard to dispute... at the very least I would call AP the best athlete in football (his physical ability is unreal)

You have to ask yourself who would scare you more to face, Drew Brees or AP. Yea, Drew Brees needs his receivers to perform but AP doesn't get those yards if his line isn't playing well.

Very hard debate to win either way. I'm not taking a side.

There's no player playing his position as well as Brees is except Peterson and since playing QB > playing RB, Brees is the best player in football.

There's no player playing his position as well as Brees is except Peterson and since playing QB > playing RB, Brees is the best player in football.

I do think the argument can be made that QB is a much harder position and definitely requires a player to be more well-rounded as a football player. Brees orchestrates an offense... Peterson isn't asked to do that. So it all depends on how you define "football player".

Peterson is the only runner-up to Drew, and the only reason I can say he's the runner up is because Drew handles the football on 100% of the offensive snaps.

Otherwise, it's just too difficult to make a decision. Neither team would be any good if not for having one of these two. Could you imagine a team with both of these cats? I can see a quality ProBowl offense consisting of the Vikings' O-line, Drew Brees, AP, Shockey, Calvin Johnson, Colston and someone else...

Drew is at the top of his game, for sure. He is playing his position as well as any player, but I doubt that he is the best player in football. He may be in the top 25 though.

Most rich QB's retire from football when their performance drops off, but Drew is so competitive and loves the game so much, I can't see him leaving it. I can see him being a SB coach some day.

I think Lance Moore and Colston ate the Brees cheese, and are nearly as good at what they do as Brees.

R O F L top 25?? HAHAHAHAHAH, omg. smh.

We held him to under 50 total yards last year and everyone knows how horrific our defense was.

Drew Brees > Adrian Peterson

Brees is playing like the best player in the NFL right now. Is he the best player in the NFL? That's probably a fun debate.

There are guys playing now who may go down in history as the best to ever play their position: Payton Manning, Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Ed Reed, Ray Lewis(who I don't think is near the best MLB ever, but some do), Tony Gonzales.

There are other guys who are having great starts - AP, Osi U, Sharper, etc.

I think Brees is the best of the guys having great starts and he's having the best start in the league.

I don't think he's the best player in the league as he doesn't have the playoff credentials and people will argue that he's been a choke artist historically.

He(Devery Henderson) said Brees will "coach you up" on how to adjust the route
I wish he could do something with Bush and his jukin'. Yeah, I know, old topic but I wish he'd just stop it already since it's not working. I just want this team to improve on the few things on the offense that aren't really working.

What??

Last edited:
Actually, I don't think this story ever says Brees is THE best player in the league. It says no one is better, allowing for the possibility that others -- Peterson, for example -- might be as good. Nonetheless, it puts Brees at the top, even if he's not alone.

Ray Lewis(who I don't think is near the best MLB ever, but some do)

Ray Ray is w/o a doubt the GOAT best player on best defense ever (2000 ravens) and yes 2000 ravens >>>>> 85 bears and any steelers team u wanna name

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom