Brees, Billy Miller on USO tour (1 Viewer)

workhorse

No White Flags!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
http://uso.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=press_releases&item=719

"New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees and Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Donnie Edwards are preparing to embark on a USO/Armed Forces Entertainment tour to Japan and Okinawa March 8-14. The second USO tour for both Brees and Edwards, the players will be joined by Saints tight end Billy Miller, who is making his first trip with the USO. During their week-long visit, the players will spend time with troops, pose for photos and sign autographs."

“Last year’s trip was extremely rewarding and I am grateful for another chance to visit with our troops, and thank them for their sacrifice,” said Brees. “The dedication and commitment of our servicemen and women makes it an honor just to be among them for a few days. I’ll never forget the time I spent last year in the Gulf, and the inspiration I took from it. I look forward to the upcoming experience in the Pacific.”

Nice. When I was in Okinawa because my dad was stationed there, all we got was Earth, Wind and Fire :) and Color Me Badd :(.

I'm going to Japan in June, I hope he comes back next year when I'm there. I'm in Korea now, I wish he'd make a stop here in Seoul.

Yea I loved it when the Saintsations came visit us in Baghdad. I even got a picture with all of them. My only regret is we are still here.

Yea I loved it when the Saintsations came visit us in Baghdad. I even got a picture with all of them. My only regret is we are still here.
Hey man...I'm right up the road at Anaconda...without a single sighting of the Saintsations. :(

Good guys. I'd do the same, but I'm not worth anything.

Hey man Anaconda aint right up the road. But its ok. I am staying there now. They moved here to a unit we have here. One of our Battalions is here now. If you I can email you the pic but I look like a retard in between all of them. I guess it is because I am shy.

Hey, to all of you in the Armed Forces, I'd like to take this time to say <b>Thank You</b>.

This isn't meant as a Political statement it's just that as I'm reading this thread, I realized there's a bunch you ya'll doing something that honestly I wouldn't have the balls to do.

So thanks, and be safe.

Just curious as to how many others are over here. I am in Mosul at FOB Marez - we started off in Baghdad but got moved. If you are over here, please reply.

Im in the IZ on a MiTT. We have a 42" LCD, so football will be at my place this fall.

I'll be there to meet and greet the boys. They are scheduled to be at Kadena AB (Okinawa)on March 12th. We have an ORI taking place, but worst case scenerio, my wife will hook me up with an autograph.

I'm thinking of hitting Gate 2 street and buying a Brees jersey. Just to get his Johnny Hancock and then frame it.

BigEZSaint, do you have the time that they'll be at the USO on the 12th? I'll be there, Korea special Brees Jersey in hand for his autograph. Excited that these guys will be out here!

i just wanted to second what that guy said ..... Thank you to all you servicemen and women serving overseas and all around the world. My brother in law leaves for Qtar next month for a 1 year TDY. stay safe and Geaux Saints!!!!

Awsome that these guys will do this. The only visit worth mentioning i ever I got was the Dallas Cheerleaders at Camp Casey in '88. And boy I tell you, there is somthing to be said about those "diasy duke shorts" those girls wear. And the fact that they are round eyes; you would have to have served overseas to understand that last comment! It is awsome that celebraties take the time out to serve in this way though. I commend them all for their service.

That's cool. The only thing I got when I was in Okinawa was the Dallas Cowpokes cheerleaders, which was cool. Especially sice I got to fly them around from base to base.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom