Brees breaks Unitas' record - game replay is on (1 Viewer)

It’s a shame brees is gonna only play 1 more year and lose all his records to Brady because he doesn’t want to ever retire

Was definitely a magical night. I was sitting in section 102 which is the endzone the TD to Henderson was scored in and it happened right in front of us. Beautiful pass.

This game was sweet and sour because I believe it was one of Devery's last few good games. I believe he was cut after that season.
I didn't think about that at all but looking at Henderson's game logs it's true. He had 3 receptions for 75 yards the next week in Tampa Bay (when Joe Morgan flipped that dude over him) and that was it.

However if I'm being honest, 8 receptions on 10 targets for 123 yards and 1 milestone breaking TD is the way I'd like to go out myself.

Things I most immediately remember when this game is mentioned.

1. Drew breaking Unitas' record.

2. Giving up an automatic first down via hands to the face on 2nd and forkin 37.

Was definitely a magical night. I was sitting in section 102 which is the endzone the TD to Henderson was scored in and it happened right in front of us. Beautiful pass.

I didn't think about that at all but looking at Henderson's game logs it's true. He had 3 receptions for 75 yards the next week in Tampa Bay (when Joe Morgan flipped that dude over him) and that was it.

However if I'm being honest, 8 receptions on 10 targets for 123 yards and 1 milestone breaking TD is the way I'd like to go out myself.
It was a good night indeed and you're right, it was a good way to go out for Devery. I feel funny about it because Devery was the last player that the Saints drafted that I wanted them to draft. I was in his corner even when others were saying to cut him.

He was the best deep threat that we had under Payton, and truthfully we haven't replaced him since he left. I've rarely ever see a corner run step to step with him.

Brandin Cooks got lung cancer from smokin a pack of DBs a day.

I was referring to "He was the best deep threat that we had under Payton". People let his jerky ways and the fact that he played during the worst stretch of SP's tenure cloud their judgment sometimes. He was definitely our best deep threat cuz he could take the top right off almost any secondary and if they stopped him it had to be via double teams which freed up other receivers. It's easy to just call Devery better because he played during the salad days. No knock on him either, he was very good for a while, but I think it's lunacy to act like he's noticeably better than Cooks. Cooks is an a-hole at times and gets injured a lot so yeah Dev may be a more attractive overall package but that's a little separate from judging raw attributes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom