Brees - Bush - Payton (1 Viewer)

i thought this was one of reggie's best games, he was actually running up the middle today i don't know what game u were watching

I am sticking with my opinion on Bush. He may have had his best game and he did run up the middle but he is still less than average for his position. If deuce was getting those carries he probably gets 3 more yards than Bush. When it comes down to it who would you rather have running the ball right now Deuce or Reggie?? I think thats a clear answer and that is what I am saying.

Yes Reggie made some good hard runs up the middle but when he doesn't see a hole he still ALWAYS tries to outrun the defense to the edge. Instead of having a 3 rd and 5 after the pass up the middle they had a 3rd and nine because Reggie ran backwards trying to outrun the defense. He did it again later, caught the ball in the middle of the field, saw nothing, ran across the field for nothing.

How many times has that worked for him? How many more times is he going to do it till he figures out he can't do that in the NFL? 10 games into the season and he still has not figured that simple answer yet.

I think Payton is coddleing Bush too much and has given him too much of the offense based on POTENTIAL and not play.

the only time i saw him really go backwards trying to outrun people was on a punt return..
He even was patient trying to follow lead blockers.. just cinci played it well and didnt' get much off it.
He may not have made a ton of fantasy points.. but he was solid today.
coaches KNOW we NEED Deuce for a stretch run...
Granted a win today would have kept the solo lead in the division.. I'd really wouldn't hold my breath about seeing much of deuce till the Giants and Panthers game.. and hopefully the ones that follow.

the only time i saw him really go backwards trying to outrun people was on a punt return..
He even was patient trying to follow lead blockers.. just cinci played it well and didnt' get much off it.
He may not have made a ton of fantasy points.. but he was solid today.
coaches KNOW we NEED Deuce for a stretch run...
Granted a win today would have kept the solo lead in the division.. I'd really wouldn't hold my breath about seeing much of deuce till the Giants and Panthers game.. and hopefully the ones that follow.

I hear what your saying but I don't think the saints have the luxury to wait to bring their "A" game. As of right now the saints will be the underdog in every game except Washington while at the same time the opponents are teams who themselves are trying to get into the playoffs. Everygame they lose now is like 2 games backwards.

Hey idiot, bush isn't supposed to get to the corners. Did you get the memo that game speed is different in the NFL? You can't run lateraly and expect to get yards. Bush did the best running I have seen him do all year. He is starting to learn which holes are right for him to hit. I think someone else does this. His name is LT. Have you heard of him? He sets up his blockers and then explodes. Bush will be that same type of back just give him time. All you people expect hime to be the type of player he was in college. It is not going to happen so fast. He will be an exciting player to watch, but at the running back position, things are different. You have to give him time. If you don't you are just another moron who doesn't understand football and wants instant gratification. I've said my peace. Are you taking notes? If not they maybe you should.

Hey idiot, bush isn't supposed to get to the corners. Did you get the memo that game speed is different in the NFL? You can't run lateraly and expect to get yards. Bush did the best running I have seen him do all year. He is starting to learn which holes are right for him to hit. I think someone else does this. His name is LT. Have you heard of him? He sets up his blockers and then explodes. Bush will be that same type of back just give him time. All you people expect hime to be the type of player he was in college. It is not going to happen so fast. He will be an exciting player to watch, but at the running back position, things are different. You have to give him time. If you don't you are just another moron who doesn't understand football and wants instant gratification. I've said my peace. Are you taking notes? If not they maybe you should.

Hey dufus, in the NFL you play to win and your logic alone tells me you agree he is not playing to the caliber he should be playing. You guys need to rewatch the game with the rose colored glasses removed from your eyes because there were more than 3 plays Bush ran lateral trying to outrun the defense to the corner. Referring to LT is way off base. Your right, LT sets up the defense for the cutback but reggie has yet to run a cutback that I have seen. What you are seeing as a cutback is actually a broken run because he missed the hole and is scrambling. That is completely different. I give you that Reggie ran his best game up the middle today BUT duece can run circles on Reggie when it come to those plays and he should be the one getting those carries.

From here on out every game is a playoff game for the saints ... they don't have any more games they can give away. The time for giving a player reps in hopes he figures it out is over. The saints have to start bringing their "A" game and that means running the ball with duece and using Bush as a change of pace, decoy, and receiver.

O GOD

the 3 people we praised all year

and u guys are turning your backs on them already

Just shut up and deal with the loss

and stop your whining

+1, with maybe a little less harshness, but point taken and agreed with.

Today sucked, but it is what it was.

We are still tied for first in the division. Plenty of football left. Have some faith!

Back in April, all thru the summer, and well into the preseason he WAS supposed to be this greatly advanced awesome RB.

It wasn't til he started stinking it up as the recipient of handoffs that it essentially became okay for him to be bad "because he's a rookie and he still has to get it."

I'm loving Drew, Reggie, Deuce and Sean along with C. Grant, Will Smith (loved him ID4 BTW!), in fact this whole team gives me an really good feeliing like, hey! Dropping 600yds on the Bengals? No Problemo, Dr. Nomo! Just take away the giveaways and we're good to.................GEAUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What worries me is that we lose Colston (a rookie WR) and everyone seems to panic (Brees, Payton, Copper etc). Surely we have a back up plan for EACH player going down?

Payton. What happened to the firey coach we saw in the early season?? He was on everyones butt after every mistake but now he looks like Haslett. You cannot keep the players respect if you do not treat every player the same. Did he chew out Brees for his stupid interceptions?

You don't chew out the leader in front of his troops. Causes him to lose their respect. I'm betting Payton had a few words for him in the locker room.

You don't chew out the leader in front of his troops. Causes him to lose their respect. I'm betting Payton had a few words for him in the locker room.

I've never been down with that. Having been in leadership positions often enough in my life, I think that tough love is necessary FOR your leaders to get back on the tracks. Just think if you had one child who burns his hand on the stove, and you chide him for touching it and half-tail him a bandaid, but then another child does the exact same thing and he gets coddled and kissed while you apply a bandaid yourself. If the first child witnesses this, or even knows that it goes on without saying, he'll eventually harbor ill will toward the parents.

You've gotta be fair in your reward and your criticism.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom