Brees cap hit! (1 Viewer)

captaustin

free agent!
Reaction score
I know that there was a thread about Brady taking less money but i didn't see anyone saying if they thought Brees or any of our big money guys, would do the same? :scratch:

I wonder if Brees will see what Brady has done to help his team sign some of their playmakers, and take a hint. I mean i know everyone is trying to make as much as possible while they can and Brees is no different. But what do you guys think about Brees? :scratch:

Will he restructure? To give us some space to sign FAs or resign our own playmakers and give us a better shot at winning another SB? :scratch:

What about Evans? Will he restructure? :scratch:

Fact is we need cap room and i believe cutting some of our starters is not the answer. In most cases we wont be able to replace them for cheaper or for someone better.

What does everyone think?

I wonder if Brees can also look like a hero for signing a guaranteed retirement bonus like Tommy boy did?

He didn't get a raise per se. He got more guaranteed money over a longer contract.

More guaranteed money = raise. The guaranteed money in the contracts is where the money is at. Those inflated numbers in the later years are BS. They are just years to spread the bonus across. Brady got an enormous raise and shouldn't be commended for taking one for the team.

He didn't get a raise per se. He got more guaranteed money over a longer contract.

Got 30 mil for signing his name, and more money over the next 2 years than he would have gotten.....yes...a raise. Not to mention a total of 57 million guaranteed if he is on the roster at the end of the 2014 season.

I wonder if Brees can also look like a hero for signing a guaranteed retirement bonus like Tommy boy did?

The headline would look more like:

"Greedy Brees bleeds the Saints for 60 million more in guarantees"

Brady re structured his contract to get more money guaranteed but it also helped his team by making his cap hit at like 12 or 13 instead of 19 or 20 mil

UM... did you not read what i just wrote? it was just about Brady nothing about how it affects the saints. Which i believe deserves its own thread.

Did you bother clicking on the thread? There is tons of discussions in there on varying topics, not to mention the other thread about the comments from Shien and Gannon on XM Radio.

Did you bother clicking on the thread? There is tons of discussions in there on varying topics, not to mention the other thread about the comments from Shien and Gannon on XM Radio.

Yes I did i read all of it. But the issue at hand is a very important one and shouldn't be lost in a thread about something that doesn't have to do with anything about the saints (which is what this whole website is about) which is what I was asking about.

Trolling?

Also, these exact ideas were discussed in the two threads about Brady's contract and Brees, etc.

I think the reasonable consensus is that Brees will probably have his contract extended in 2015, just before the season.

Brady's deal was unique as it was all about setting up guaranteed money and in a way, making him a better value and harder to cut.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom