Brees considering a career in politics after football? (1 Viewer)

God created all the races and Evolution is a lie cooked up by Charles Darwin in a fit of anger at God over the death of his wife. NEXT.

I don't agree with him on some issues.
I'd still vote for him.

I work in politics. Drew's honeymoon at any national level would be about 5 seconds. It would become miserable, demeaning, infuriating, and damaging to his reputation basically instantly. He could surely run for office in Louisiana and win -- but there's no such thing as a real grace period, or smooth path, for anyone anymore, and going national would ruin his brand right away.

EDITED TO ADD: I like Drew. I don't know how I couldn't. I would hate to see him become a politicized brand, which, given his extremely ambitious nature that will direct him to national politics, will inevitably result in a very large portion of the country disliking him at minimum, loathing him at worse.

Brees is good at dealing with adversity which is basically the job description for a career in politics.

So.... you are saying that all the working, non criminal, tax paying patriots didn't go thru academia and buy the lie about evolution? Yeah, that's us. We cling to our guns and our Faith. I would be very afraid...

The lie of evolution?? Oh man

I'm glad you were born in America so you could be indoctrinated into the right religion. Imagine if you were born somewhere else! May your god have mercy on them.

It's easier to believe something you don't have to question than it is to think about the cold hard truth of the universe. You are insignificant. When you die, the same thing happens to you as the VRE that just got obliterated by Linezolid.

You know how I know you people can't help yourselves? If there is a nonpolitical thread, you turn it towards politics. If there is a political thread, you turn it towards things like religion and evolution. Some of you just have a compulsion to argue. It's damn near pathological and indicative of some pretty unfortunate underlying motivations\issues and while I recognize this particular cancer has infected the internet as a whole, it's become pronounced enough on this forum that I no longer visit nearly as much as I used to.

You know how I know you people can't help yourselves? If there is a nonpolitical thread, you turn it towards politics. If there is a political thread, you turn it towards things like religion and evolution. Some of you just have a compulsion to argue. It's damn near pathological and indicative of some pretty unfortunate underlying motivations\issues and while I recognize this particular cancer has infected the internet as a whole, it's become pronounced enough on this forum that I no longer visit nearly as much as I used to.

The easy answer is no politics on the SSF, it's worked for years. Nobody's speech is effected because there are sub-forums for just those topics.

How this thread wasn't moved to either the political or btl board the first day is confusing. It has nothing to do with actual football.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom