Brees decisions? (1 Viewer)

If he does retire, I'd love to revisit this thread in a year.
I don't think anyone thinks we automatically get better as a team with Drew gone if that's what you're inferring.

Many on here probably acknowledge that this team is likely to take a step back next season, not just because Drew is gone, but also because we are finally going to have to face the consequences of being all-in the last few years and kicking the can down the road with the salary cap.

But that doesn't change the fact Brees needs to retire. He's physically hanging on by a thread. He broke his ribs on a mundane sack. His body is barely hanging on and if he dared tried to keep playing he would subject himself to more injury and poor play. Dude is the GOAT for us. He'll be a hero here forever. But physically it's just time. We all wish like hell we had 2009-2011 Drew with this team but life is funny. Screw Vinovich for 2018 forever, and let Brees now go live out the next arc of his life.

So not getting a straight answer but I am assuming everyone would be upset if he decide he wants to come back? For me I would be concern, rather than happy.
Think it's pretty clear we'd all be upset and are ready for a clean break and just want both sides to walk away. It's actually pretty amazing because I'd assumed we'd all be more conflicted about it. This way, there's no stalker behavior and no need for a restraining order.

Think it's pretty clear we'd all be upset and are ready for a clean break and just want both sides to walk away. It's actually pretty amazing because I'd assumed we'd all be more conflicted about it. This way, there's no stalker behavior and no need for a restraining order.
Yeah I think it would make it a lot easier for us fan if he retire. One hand it is great to see a legend still playing. But on the other hand, we are ready for a new chapter.

I love Drew and grateful for everything he did for the city and the team, but I don't want him back next year as QB. Now, if he is open to take a position as a coach or something for the team, then I'm all for it. It's time to let the new generation take the torch whether that's good or bad.

The goal is to win the Super Bowl. As hard as it is to say this I can't envision the Saints getting close to another title with Brees at the helm. Its time for the Saints to start looking to the future and Brees coming back would only lengthen that rebuild/reload process.

At this point I don’t care if he wants to play another year, as long as it’s for another team. Can’t thank him enough for coming here and picking this city and team up from the pieces, but we can’t hold the rest of the players back.

It’s sad to see the decline. At one time he was video game good and the savior of New Orleans. It’s time to retire.

What do you mean? So what if he lives in California. Weather is nice.
No where was he selfish this season.
He may be referring to the rumors that he had decided to retire after last season but decided to come back when he heard that there was a deal in place to bring Brady to New Orleans and he didn't want to see Brady breaking his records in a Saints uniform. Those would be selfish reasons but it was rumors that I don't know were ever confirmed.

It’s sad to see the decline. At one time he was video game good and the savior of New Orleans. It’s time to retire.
That has been over for a while now but many of us refused to admit it. The legend and myth of Drew kept us dreaming but it was all a dream.

In the moment. As I am, and under copious amounts of elixir, it would be easy to say yes I’m coming back for one more shot. I dunno. I think this is it. If it isn’t, I would love abs embrace every second of it, but it just feels like the finale.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom