Brees done with NOLA after playing days? (1 Viewer)

New Orleans will always be home for me.. I was born and raised there and I love my city. There’s no other city in the world like my home town, but if I had that same choice I’d choose San Diego as well.

Nothing wrong with leaving your heart in the city but live somewhere else.

i think it can come across as though no one wants to stay here, even a beloved figure like Drew.

I can understand that. I guess I just stopped having my love for the NOLA area after living out of state for several years and coming back a few years ago to feel like a stranger in my own hometown. Things just felt very different than how they were before I left. When you live in a town continuously, the changes are hard to detect but when you're gone for 6 years, those changes punch you right in the face. Things just seem cold and antisocial round here these days and it's been a long time since I've had a pleasant random conversation with a stranger. Maybe that's more a casualty of societal decay than NOLA going to sheet, though, so it's hard to tell for sure.

San Diego may truly be the only other place in the country I'd rather live.

:sir-saint:

I understand what most have read in his comments, IG, Twitter, etc. I base my assumptions on what I have seen and action. If I am wrong forgive me. I see Drew and his family travel and spend time in San Diego . I read the comment about him saying the kids would grow up in San Diego but I think I have witnessed his kids growing up in NOLA. I also see his kids playing little league here. Don’t discount that Drew started a flag football league here that is very important to him. I’m not sure but I think his boys go to Newman? All of this stuff is, his kids growing up in NOLA. That is just what I see. Not to mention the Walk Ons and other investments he has made all in and around our state. Last big investment I heard was like this huge youth athletic like theme park under one roof kind of thing. I read something about indoor flag football fields, batting cages and other things for baseball, restaurants and everything under one roof. I’m pretty sure one of them is slated for Lafayette. My point is I like to base what Drew is doing off of what I see. He may say all those other things but what I see is his kids are currently growing up in NOLA. I guess that could change but as of now, that’s what I see.

I'd move to San Diego in a heartbeat if I were Drew. I've spent a lot of time there, it's a fantastic place. Heck, I'd like to live there myself. I don't think he'll be "done" with New Orleans, but his primary residence will be San Diego.
Everyone I've met who has lived in San Diego loves it there. Except for the possibility of earthquakes, that is :hihi:

Came across this old article that was a little depressing to read: https://fox5sandiego.com/sports/nfl-great-drew-brees-has-big-goals-for-local-youth-soccer/

The line that really got to me was "San Diego will be home when I'm done playing and our kids will go to school here, they'll grow up here," Brees said." Always thought he would stick around here afterwards, especially with all the investments he made here. Oh well!
It is more about his wife’s underlying dislike for NOLA, than Brees’ choice not to live here. All I am going to say. Out!

Must say the Stone brewery beats the Jax brewery any day. Maybe the last contract pays enough money to buy two houses?

i thought someone said on another thread he was building a house in youngsville or something lol

Came across this old article that was a little depressing to read: https://fox5sandiego.com/sports/nfl-great-drew-brees-has-big-goals-for-local-youth-soccer/

The line that really got to me was "San Diego will be home when I'm done playing and our kids will go to school here, they'll grow up here," Brees said." Always thought he would stick around here afterwards, especially with all the investments he made here. Oh well!
He can visit anytime he wants and soak up love from us. Why wouldn't he want his kids to be in a nicer place? I love my city, but there are so many flaws, especially around raising your kids. I question it every day if I'm doing the right thing.

I’ve lived in both cities, albeit single in San Diego. Living in a city where Drew Brees’ pre teen age boys can get away with murder is probably not ideal for him. He most likely wants somehwere he is familiar with but can still blend in. Especially when it comes to his family. His boy Lance lives out there. Met him on a flight from SD to NO.
Lance??????
Who is Lance????

Can't blame him. I'd honestly choose to live in San Diego over New Orleans if I was rich and had the choice between the two. I'd still visit New Orleans a ton mind you, but if given the two choices, and if no family ties were involved, San Diego would be where I'd choose to have my family reside.

Clearly New Orleans means a lot to him for him to continue to want to play for the Saints despite preferring to reside elsewhere. The city is in his blood, no question about it, he is just choosing to live his family life in a better and safer place. I have absolutely zero problem with this, and as I said, if I were in his shoes, I am almost certain I would take the same option.

Not going to lie, when my wife and I went to L.A. this past year for the Saints-Rams game, we fell in love immediately and pondered the thought of living out there; it was a semi-half-hearted discussion, but it was certainly on our minds.

It is more about his wife’s underlying dislike for NOLA, than Brees’ choice not to live here. All I am going to say. Out!
When has Brittany ever shown a dislike for the city?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom