Brees done with NOLA after playing days? (1 Viewer)

He has given and done all he could for this city which is A LOT, now its time to do whats best for his family. San Diego or NOLA not a very difficult decision at all.

Meh, I think he'll still spend plenty of time in both areas, but he'll still have a busy schedule traveling about with his NBC gig.

San Diego is as close to the perfect place to live as any place in America. I lived out there (So. Orange County) for 18 years. But I did come back. New Orleans so screwed up in so many ways but what can I say? It's home and there's a lot to love.
Boutte I'm in SoOC. Where did you live when you were here?

Here is my opinion or idea, while Drew grew up in Texas as I did, and I absolutely love this this state and what it offers for making a home and raising a family, I would move to Louisiana in a heartbeat for the outdoors sporting (fishing/hunting) that the state has to offer. Once Drew retires, that may be something for him to consider knowing that is his other favored activity. Pretty sure the west coast is not even close on this topic.

I don't mean to sound rude but what does it even matter? The only possible difference I see it making is whether or not you might have the chance of randomly bumping into him somewhere. Otherwise, he's basically just some fictional character that only exists on TV and the internet just like any other famous person that we'd never see in person.
Too true, too true.

I understand what most have read in his comments, IG, Twitter, etc. I base my assumptions on what I have seen and action. If I am wrong forgive me. I see Drew and his family travel and spend time in San Diego . I read the comment about him saying the kids would grow up in San Diego but I think I have witnessed his kids growing up in NOLA. I also see his kids playing little league here. Don’t discount that Drew started a flag football league here that is very important to him. I’m not sure but I think his boys go to Newman? All of this stuff is, his kids growing up in NOLA. That is just what I see. Not to mention the Walk Ons and other investments he has made all in and around our state. Last big investment I heard was like this huge youth athletic like theme park under one roof kind of thing. I read something about indoor flag football fields, batting cages and other things for baseball, restaurants and everything under one roof. I’m pretty sure one of them is slated for Lafayette. My point is I like to base what Drew is doing off of what I see. He may say all those other things but what I see is his kids are currently growing up in NOLA. I guess that could change but as of now, that’s what I see.
Yeah, but when has ever not done something he said he was going to do. If we are talking about your average person, sure.. I'd say go by what they do, not what they say. But, when has Drew ever not done something that he said he was going to do.

Let's be honest, in a typical offseason for the last decade-plus....... minus minicamp or some other team function taking place where there was some form of expectation on him to be in NOLA....... how many times between February and late July have people stopped and said to themselves "gosh, I really wonder where Drew is residing at this very moment?"

So why would we wonder/worry about that during his retirement?

Take this for what it's worth, hanging with my mom-in-law yesterday and she was speaking earlier in the week with someone she works with who's son is affiliated with the team. Won't say how in order to not out the person if this is true and somehow gets back to someone who would not view it favorably. Word is, he is building a huge house in Youngsville, LA currently.

I'm not claiming this is gospel, or in fact, true insider info as I can't verify the validity of the information. Just what I heard.

Look, I don't fault him for leaving, but it does seem disingenuous that he talked so much over the years about how New Orleans took them in and all, just to bail on us as soon as he can. I am not saying I wouldn't do the same, but I can see why people can be turned off by it.

Take this for what it's worth, hanging with my mom-in-law yesterday and she was speaking earlier in the week with someone she works with who's son is affiliated with the team. Won't say how in order to not out the person if this is true and somehow gets back to someone who would not view it favorably. Word is, he is building a huge house in Youngsville, LA currently.

I'm not claiming this is gospel, or in fact, true insider info as I can't verify the validity of the information. Just what I heard.

Um, sure they didn't mean Yountville, CA? No, offense to the good people of Youngsville, but why would he do that?

Look, I don't fault him for leaving, but it does seem disingenuous that he talked so much over the years about how New Orleans took them in and all, just to bail on us as soon as he can. I am not saying I wouldn't do the same, but I can see why people can be turned off by it.
How can it be disingenuous? He’s not disavowing his time with the Saints. He’s just moving to the second biggest city in the country.
Considering the business he’s in after the Saints, it’s a great decision.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom