Brees eyeing MARINO passing record!!!! (MERGED and Merged) (1 Viewer)

Welcome to the world of having Drew Brees as your QB. You'll always be good enough to be dangerous on offense. You'll never be good enough to beat elite defenses--plus you'll lose at least 2 games a year to teams you should have beaten.

I see a lot of arrogance among Saints fans acting like the Bolts were somehow negligent in letting Brees walk. The thing we know that you don't is that "passing yards" is the most overrated stat in football. We knew--and still know--Brees better than you do. You'll figure it out in a couple years. Brees chooses the worst possible times to throw his picks or to go into a passing slump. He'll lose just enough games over a season to cost you decent playoff seeding--if not costing you the playoffs altogether. He's mentally tough enough to overcome his mediocre physical skills and be a good NFL QB. He's not mentally tough enough to overcome in-game adversity.

Brees is a good leader and a good passer, but he doesn't have "it." The guy had 3 4th quarter comebacks in 4 years as a starter with us. Rivers already has that many in 10 games as a starter. Brees lost many, many games where we led in the 4th quarter. He'll never be a Joe Montana or Tom Brady, and that's why he's no longer a Charger. It's not because he was injured or because he was too expensive. It was because stats don't matter if you believe the player can't take you where you want to go.

Brees 3114 as of now... AVG 311.4yds per game
projected as of now season Total 4,982 yards :scratch:

MOST PASSING YDS PER SEASON
5,084 Dan Marino Miami 1984
4,830 Kurt Warner St. Louis 2001
4,802 Dan Fouts San Diego 1981
4,746 Dan Marino Miami 1986

GO SAINTS BEAT ATLANTA

He needs to find some company in the End zone in atlanta and hopefully it is Deuce, colston, horn, Reggie,... and not a member of the atlanta D because then he would be keeping bad company...

not talkin crap about bress i love the guy im just saying

The guy had 3 4th quarter comebacks in 4 years as a starter with us. Rivers already has that many in 10 games as a starter. Brees lost many, many games where we led in the 4th quarter. He'll never be a Joe Montana or Tom Brady, and that's why he's no longer a Charger. It's not because he was injured or because he was too expensive. It was because stats don't matter if you believe the player can't take you where you want to go.

you've got to be joking :lol:

well when your playing from behind you do have to pass alot. I would rather see passing yards like in his first 3 games

Well considering that he's a Chargers fan, I have plenty of reason to believe him

He had to watch Brees with the same fervor we watched Brooks - and if a Raiders fan thinks they have Brooks more figured out than we do, well...

Marino also did NOT have a run game for basically his entire career in Miami... and he never won the big one...
Elway didn't win one (two) til the Broncos put together their run game...

I would like to see him pass for 300 yards a game for the next 3 games and all 3 have a W. Also it would be nice to see the 300 yard consecitive go to a Saint's QB.

For the most part, Brees is moving the ball well in the air. As much as I would rather see Duece pounding away, it's nice to see a comparible balance between the rush and pass.

If we pass for over 300 and have a decent running attack (IE Reggie and Deuce both having over 50 yds or so on the ground, especially in the red zone/goal line), we'll win this game.

It's a nice stat, but I'd rather Brees follow in the footsteps of the likes of Bradshaw, Montana, Aikman, and Brady.

Welcome to the world of having Drew Brees as your QB. You'll always be good enough to be dangerous on offense. You'll never be good enough to beat elite defenses--plus you'll lose at least 2 games a year to teams you should have beaten.

I see a lot of arrogance among Saints fans acting like the Bolts were somehow negligent in letting Brees walk. The thing we know that you don't is that "passing yards" is the most overrated stat in football. We knew--and still know--Brees better than you do. You'll figure it out in a couple years. Brees chooses the worst possible times to throw his picks or to go into a passing slump. He'll lose just enough games over a season to cost you decent playoff seeding--if not costing you the playoffs altogether. He's mentally tough enough to overcome his mediocre physical skills and be a good NFL QB. He's not mentally tough enough to overcome in-game adversity.

Brees is a good leader and a good passer, but he doesn't have "it." The guy had 3 4th quarter comebacks in 4 years as a starter with us. Rivers already has that many in 10 games as a starter. Brees lost many, many games where we led in the 4th quarter. He'll never be a Joe Montana or Tom Brady, and that's why he's no longer a Charger. It's not because he was injured or because he was too expensive. It was because stats don't matter if you believe the player can't take you where you want to go.

Rivers is nowhere near the caliber that Drew Brees is. I know that you've been beaten down because your organization is totally Mickey Mouse (haha, and that's coming from a SAINTS fan), but there's no need to get delusional. Drew had one bad game and now you're going to come here and claim that he's not a great QB? Get real. Wake me up when Phillip Rivers wins a game singlehandedly like Drew has multiple times this year.

For as much as we've heard how Reggie supposedly engages the defense, I've NEVER seen a single player garner the attention of the entire defense like LT does. The guy is incredible. Danny Wuerffel could succeed with LT absolutely freezing the entire defense. It doesn't take a great QB to succeed when you have the guy who is going to go down as the greatest runningback ever in your backfield.

Giving Rivers credit for SD's comeback wins is an absolute joke. Everyone on this planet knows what makes the Chargers tick.

Congrats to the San Diego LaDainian Tomlinsons. He is, err... "they are", having a great year. Good luck in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Are you trying to convince us or yourself that Brees isn't a great QB?

Most San Diego fans would disagree with the entirety of your post.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom