Brees for MVP (Clark Judge @ CBS) (1 Viewer)

Charlie

Antipodean Saint Fan
Reaction score
"4. It's midseason, and tell me Drew Brees doesn't deserve MVP consideration. He's thrown three touchdowns in each of his last three starts and is the primary reason one of last year's worst teams -- the New Orleans Saints -- are the team to beat in the NFC South."

Why not? Hes made a world of difference to this team.

Last night on sports center they asked Salsbury for his pick on league MVP and he said Manning without question, but mentioned Brees' name as well. They do compare well don't they. Its kinda cool that a Saint even gets a mention for league MVP.

Player Team Yds Att Cmp TDs Ints Long Rating
Peyton Manning IND 2291 281 183 17 3 51 106.0
Drew Brees NO 2206 284 186 14 7 86 95.2

We may run the board this year

Colston Rookie of the year
Brees MVP & comeback player of the year
Peyton == Coach of the year

i dont konw if brees will qualify as comeback player.....he only missed part of one game last year. I wonder how they determine if a player qualifest for it.

comeback from injury? from bad previous year?

What Brees has done for the Saints can't be matched by many people but there is no way he will get league MVP with the Colts playing as good as they are. Think what the Colts bring to the table without Manning. They have a team that struggles to run the ball effectively (ranked 2oth in NFL) with Manning, without him they struggle to run the ball at all. The Colts defense is the leagues worst against the run yielding almost 170 yards per game, they are giving up 21.4 points per game and their offensive line is average. Without Manning the Colts become Tampa Bay.

Saints fans = Fans of the year

Benson = .......Errr lets not go there.........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom