Brees Gives Endorsement to Austin Carr (1 Viewer)

Carr’s not making the roster after that comment. Whenever Brees endorses someone on the bubble they usually end up getting cut. See Cadet and Brandon Coleman for reference.

If memory serves, Carr lit it up in preseason for the Pats. I believe we poached him and stashed him on our 53 for that reason. Since then, he's been very quiet, but when targeted, has made the plays. He's reliable, but may get bumped for more appealing prospects - Butler, Humphries, Cobb, Grayson, Dural, etc.

If cut, the Pats may still have an eye on him.

If it will stop cringe worthy threads like the ones that popped up last year such as "Time to let the Ferrari out of the garage" etc.. then i'm all for someone else getting that spot. Plus, I really like the rookies.

:sir-saint:

Carr has a little bit of speed burst but not much else in talent. He does not have a role. He's not a security blanket. He doesn't get targets. After Michael Thomas, the unit struggled last year and the fanbase is hungry for the receiving unit to upgrade personnel and impact.

When Carr arrived, the hype was that he could be the next Julian Edelman. The Saints don't really use the Edelman role in their passing offense.

Brees said what he said but was mostly answering questions about QB Challenge.

And then, you get John Sigler at USA Today as usual stirring the pot, taking a stock answer by Brees and pushing the Carr hype. Sigler knows that alot of the fanbase would rather a new guy.

I like the taller young receivers and I hope one of them makes it. I think Brees would utilize a taller receiver, who will get a favorable size matchup and could make a play closer to the line of scrimmage, than a speed receiver who has a route to develop.

I think Carr is your number one slot receiver. Kirkwood can’t get on the field and Meredith and Matthews are gone. I think he makes the squad and has a productive year.

Carr is a lock! 1st full season in this offense was last year. Perfect slot guy. Catches everything. Extremely smart. Plays special teams. And Brees wants him. Close the book. Carr is in.

Carr is a lock! 1st full season in this offense was last year. Perfect slot guy. Catches everything. Extremely smart. Plays special teams. And Brees wants him. Close the book. Carr is in.

If he blocks well in the run game, you may be right.

Another year of quibbling over mediocre wr's. The only pass catching weapon we added is a TE, Cook. Maybe the light will go on for TQS. Other than that, Butler has been rumored to be the up and comer, but I have not seen it in a game. And Lil'Jordan Humphrey has flashed in preseason games against backups but you don't hear any special praise in practices. Let's hope...again...Drew can make someone a star this year....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom