Brees has a 99.8 QB rating and 66.9 completion % all-time in Playoffs. (1 Viewer)

One last point

2018 Brees 115 QB rating 74 % completion percentage

2018 Mahomes 105 QB rating 65% Completion percentage.

They gift the MVP to Mahomes.

The QB laurels are a joke at this point

Even PFF had Brees as the top QB last year.

If I remember correctly, Brees was the runaway frontrunner for the award last year until the Dallas game happened. After that, the Saints offense shifted into neutral. Brees wasn't awful, but the offense wasn't putting up points.

If I remember correctly, Brees was the runaway frontrunner for the award last year until the Dallas game happened. After that, the Saints offense shifted into neutral. Brees wasn't awful, but the offense wasn't putting up points.
Points are one matter but even down that stretch after Brees had a far superior completion % though Mahomes had a better rating.

Mahomes also had 17 turnovers in 2018 compared to Brees' 6.

For all the Marino lovers, his postseason numbers are:

Passing: 56%
TD/INT: 32/24
Rating: 77.1
Record: 8-10

Brees also has 6 of the top 7 completion percentage seasons in NFL history

And 2 of the top 8 in QB Rating seasons.

His Career 98.4 QB rating is even 1.4 pts higher than Brady at 97.

Someone here finally gets it.
Know how many of their fans talk about his passer rating in their 28-3 choke. It just doesn’t matter lol.

Love Brees but after us not getting it done for whatever reason the last 3 seasons, last thing I care about is stats

Know how many of their fans talk about his passer rating in their 28-3 choke. It just doesn’t matter lol.

Love Brees but after us not getting it done for whatever reason the last 3 seasons, last thing I care about is stats
Then by all means start your own thread about something else because this thread is about stats and people like my brother unfairly heaping all of the blame on Brees.

Then by all means start your own thread about something else because this thread is about stats and people like my brother unfairly heaping all of the blame on Brees.

I suggest you read the meaning of the word "context" in Webster's dictionary and apply them to your thread then.

I suggest you read the meaning of the word "context" in Webster's dictionary and apply them to your thread then.
In what context is Brees the main reason the Saints cannot win in the playoffs which is what this thread is aimed at refuting?

I will wait for your masterful explanations.

In what context is Brees the main reason the Saints cannot win in the playoffs which is what this thread is aimed at refuting?

I will wait for your masterful explanations.

Have you even watched the playoff games? Were talking about the last three years here. Obviously 2006, 2010-11 had epic defensive collapses (minus the 4 TO's @ SF)

Who had the ball in their hands in crunch time and either fumbled or threw for an INT in closeout time?

I dont give a rats booty about how many TD's or completions you have if you cant close out the game in clutch time.

Which is partially why im befuddled because in the regular season I can think of maybe a handful of times since 2006 Drew gave away a regular season game.

2017 - Can't pin directly on him as he pretty much made up for the INT's in the first half.
2018 - Throws a first down/ TD to MT13 in the dirt prior to the no call. Proceeds to throw game changing INT in OT close to + Territory.
2019 - Fumbles on potential go ahead TD or tie. Throws INT earlier on. Taysom Hill carried his butt to OT.

So now that leaves us to 2020 where we have precedent his arm cant last 16 full games (2018 proof) and defenses essentially "pack the paint" because there is zero fear of being beaten over the top or Drew beating you with his legs. Teams in the regular season get a handful of days to get prepared for you, more times than not in the playoffs you have significant in game footage of the team you are playing across or actually played them in the regular season.

So yes Drew Brees is a HOF level QB. However, the league is moving away from statue pocket passers with the quickness and 2009-2011 DB9 is not walking through those doors anymore. Stats are fun and can help you make great hollow arguments about how x is better than y because z.

Rarefied air. You're talking select company where you gotta have multiple rings, and Drew doesn't get into the convo of Manning & Brady without another ring. Same thing with Reid last night, he needed a ring to get him over the hump.

Look, I love Brees just as much as all of you, but I am not going to be a homer about this. Brady is the GOAT and to argue anything different is silly. He is a MAJOR reason why the Pats have been so great for so long. He has been to 9 Super Bowls! 9!! And he has won 6 of them. He also has put up some amazing numbers his entire career. Brees is easily a top 5 if not a top 3 QB and that is totally ok.

Couldn't stop Kettle on one play to win the game.

Everyone remembers /their/ TE scoring the winning points. Nobody remembers /our/ TE taken out of the game in the first quarter with a cheap head shot, after already scoring 2 TDs. The Saints need a player with a nasty streak, like a hockey enforcer. Kittle shouldn't have been allowed to be out there in the 4th quarter.

One last point

2018 Brees 115 QB rating 74 % completion percentage

2018 Mahomes 105 QB rating 65% Completion percentage.

They gift the MVP to Mahomes.

The QB laurels are a joke at this point

Even PFF had Brees as the top QB last year.

When you watch Mahomes and Brees play, is there a single part of you that would honestly rather have Brees as our QB?

Conversely, if you’re a defense, which QB would you rather face?

PFF is incredibly flawed in this respect. It can’t properly quantify the deficiencies in Brees‘ game at this point in his career vs. the impact Mahomes has on how an entire defense prepares for him.

Look, I love Brees just as much as all of you, but I am not going to be a homer about this. Brady is the GOAT and to argue anything different is silly. He is a MAJOR reason why the Pats have been so great for so long. He has been to 9 Super Bowls! 9!! And he has won 6 of them. He also has put up some amazing numbers his entire career. Brees is easily a top 5 if not a top 3 QB and that is totally ok.
Is it also being a Homer to say that MT has out-caught for more yards and receptions in his first 4 years than Jerry Rice?

The facts are what they are thats why I tried to use stats that are more or less unbiased in this comparison.

The widespread belief that my brother pushed forth is that Brady is hands down, bar none better than Brees in the playoffs and that is simply not true.

Brees even out-performed Brady's best SB in his only appearance.

It is what it is

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom