Brees has a 99.8 QB rating and 66.9 completion % all-time in Playoffs. (2 Viewers)

The ONLY thing I "proved"is that you have a double standard by saying wins are more important than stats. Brees has had BOTH.
So, which is it?
The ONLY comment you made said NOTHING about Championships. Care to re evaluate, or does the standard change to suit your take?
You can definitely take any other team over the Saints, they all have their own websites.
Why do you think Brees is still trying to hold on for another year or two? He want that Super Bowl win over any stat he possess. I'm sure he will agree over your argument.

Highest Comp % in a single game & season(6 in the top 10) & continueing to pile on EVERY career record(except season TDs)
Best QB rating of his career.

Confused by the Mahommes hype, Damn right it's confusing. He's played 2 goods years & they saying he is the BEST player in history(multiple writers). I would NEVER say he hasn't had a great run so far; but I'll be amazed if his stellar play continues for another 10 years.

Jealous? Sure, project what you like; I have had the joy of watching the GREATEST run in Saints history, after a lifetime of woe!
I also think that it's not quite over yet!

The jealousy is in the teams that don't have QB that can carry Brees' jock. A good laugh is the "many" teams that are jockeying to get Brady in FA. This season ended on the perfect exclamation on his season, pick 6. Has he been great? W/out a doubt, but how do his last seasons look? Definitely not Hall of Fame worthy, unless you add Trubisky & 10 other Qb's w/a better year.

Why do you think Brees is still trying to hold on for another year or two? He want that Super Bowl win over any stat he possess. I'm sure he will agree over your argument.
Nice obfuscation! World class avoidance of your hypocrisy. You mentioned NOTHING about rings or your projection of what Brees wants, until your post was refuted.
YOUR statement,was about wins v stats; I posted the that Brees has the best record in the last 3 years & the stats to back it up!
I adressed specifically the exact quote you made.
Move the goal posts next time, cause you look like a Senate GOP member or the MVP voters & sportswriters.

Thats might be true but I'm not quite done.

Brees' SB Qb rating of 114 vs the Colts was higher than any of Brady's SB ratings.

Brady's highest was 110 vs PHilly in 2004

My brother bashes Brees for his performance against the Rams but

Brees vs Rams playoffs

88 QB rating

65% Completion percentage

Brady vs Rams in SB 2018

71 QB rating

60 completion %

He claims we can't win the SB with Brees but

Drew Brees SB stats

114 QB rating

82% completion percentage

Mahomes in SB

2 INTs, 2 Fumbles

Sacked 4x

78.2 qb rating

61% completion

Brees has now gone 5 straight seasons with a 100 or greater QB rating and averages 118 QB rating for his Career when Targeting Can't Guard Mike.
And Damien Williams should have been SB MVP not Mahomes.

going to throw everyone a curve ball here but it has nothing to do with Brees> Brady. It has everything to do with pointing out that Brees is a gun slinger not a safe QB like Brady.

You give him the Pats defense and he probably tosses some weird INT's that puts them in bad situations. Sometimes play-styles have to line up and I don' think Brees is the type of QB that can compliment a stout Defense.

going to throw everyone a curve ball here but it has nothing to do with Brees> Brady. It has everything to do with pointing out that Brees is a gun slinger not a safe QB like Brady.

You give him the Pats defense and he probably tosses some weird INT's that puts them in bad situations. Sometimes play-styles have to line up and I don' think Brees is the type of QB that can compliment a stout Defense.
You obviously missed his 2004 season playing Martyball in San Diego.

He had a 104 Qb rating even then.

It’s a total team failure. Quit pointing fingers. The defense gets a takeaway, the offense does nothing. The offense scores a TD, the defense folds like a lawn chair. Our star kicker who never misses all of a sudden starts missing. Fact of the matter is, we’ve been completely unprepared to play in the playoffs the last 3 years. We’ve had great regular seasons and then looked like a bottom tier team once we get to the postseason. It is what it is. This is a team game and the team hasn’t been ready to go when it matters.

Again.

Brees isnt just a Gunslinger.

He is the only QB in the league who is top 5 in exploiting every level of the defense by pass depth

And the only qb who is top 5 at every window range of coverage from wide open to extremely tight.

He is quite simply the best Qb overall the NFL has ever seen for good reason.

A stat I associate with "gunslingers" is interceptions. Drew had 4 in 11 regular season games and one in the playoff game. A season int. percentage of 1.1. A career season int. percentage of 2.2 with the Saints over 14 years.

Brady threw 8 interceptions this year in 16 games with a season percentage of 1.3. A career season int. percentage of 1.8 with the Pats over 19 years as a starter (I didn't count his first season behind Bledsoe).

I'll agree that Brees does attempt to thread the needle more than most QBs but don't find him to be an "unsafe" passer. The difference in play styles I've seen between the two has been due to the their physical heights. The relatively "safe" quick slant over the middle is a more safe pass for Brady than it is for Drew because Drew needs more of a window. Not as easy for him to throw over the top, like Brady.

Not sure I'm lining up with your premise.

Look, I love Brees just as much as all of you, but I am not going to be a homer about this. Brady is the GOAT and to argue anything different is silly. He is a MAJOR reason why the Pats have been so great for so long. He has been to 9 Super Bowls! 9!! And he has won 6 of them. He also has put up some amazing numbers his entire career. Brees is easily a top 5 if not a top 3 QB and that is totally ok.
They were caught cheating in 4 of the 6 years Brady won a superbowl. I'm guessing they just weren't caught in the other 2...

A stat I associate with "gunslingers" is interceptions. Drew had 4 in 11 regular season games and one in the playoff game. A season int. percentage of 1.1. A career season int. percentage of 2.2 with the Saints over 14 years.

Brady threw 8 interceptions this year in 16 games with a season percentage of 1.3. A career season int. percentage of 1.8 with the Pats over 19 years as a starter (I didn't count his first season behind Bledsoe).

I'll agree that Brees does attempt to thread the needle more than most QBs but don't find him to be an "unsafe" passer. The difference in play styles I've seen between the two has been due to the their physical heights. The relatively "safe" quick slant over the middle is a more safe pass for Brady than it is for Drew because Drew needs more of a window. Not as easy for him to throw over the top, like Brady.

Not sure I'm lining up with your premise.

Most times I can't quantify my reasoning and It's likely goign to be hard for me to find stats that support just a feel (which could easily be wrong) but to sum it up I've always felt that Brady couldn't win with Payton and Drew couldn't win with Belichik because stylistically things have to be complimentary.

The one year the Patriots gave Brady an offense some what similar in power to the Saints was the year they went 16-0 and lost the SB. Brady and the Pats as a team have been more dominant when the offense is the complimentary piece to the defense.

Much like Drew has been more dominant when the defense is the complimentary to the offense.

Can Drew play on a team where the offense is the compliment to the D...absolutely and he can do it well..but what you notice is it still doesn't properly compliment the entire team based on the aggressiveness on offense that Payton/Drew like to play with vs the more ball control effort that you see from Brady/Bellichik in how their team compliments one another.

Drew is more akin to Brett Favre, Marino, Jay Cutler in style. More attacking
Brady is more akin to Aaron Rodgers...more calculated in how they attack. Can't call it passive but just a little more buttoned up.

So in those stylistic differences are ways to compliment those styles and build the proper team.

I've seen enough of Drew with a talented defense and mildly talented offense to know that yes we can win that way but it's like giving your vehicle unleaded vs premium.

Drew with premium gas is a midly talented defense that does things well with a very talented offense that allows he and Payton to attack HOW they want when they want vs the hamstrung offense we've seen in key moments the last 3 years they've spent building the defense.

In each of the last 3 years we can say the defense failed...but put the game under a microscope and it was the offense stalling and being unable to score/close games in a fashion we've come to know that put the defense in a position to lose.

If the offense can convert the 3rd down b4 the Miracle...they walk off. Instead they cant and the defense gives up final play

If the offense can score in OT vs the Rams they shut the game down and the defense never sees the field.

If the offense doesn't stall vs Vikings the defense isn't gassed at the end of the game protecting a thin lead that the offense was never quite able to capitalize.

So..not so much saying it's the offenses fault but more or less just recognizing that Payton and Brees have been operating an offense that has had 1 arm tied behind it's back because of lack of talent. they've never really had to navigate because they've always been an offensive skill position heavy team...except the last 3 years.

So the age old argument of give Drew a dominant defense and he'd have as many SB's as Brady I'm starting to doubt because his style of play in fact he and Seans style of play doesn't benefit those types of defense because they'd put them on the field too much.

Even the greatest defenses get tired and start making mistakes if they've been on the field a high # of snaps and the way Payton/Drew play/call games the defense seeing 60+ snaps a game is normal and quite tiring.

We had quite a few 60/70+ games which are very high snap counts for a defense. Around 50ish is where you'd like to see them on average. I think we even had a 80 snap game this year....just too high for even an elite defense to sustain elite level of play all game and if you see those types of games through the season you are prone t having a tired D. So when that D needs to protect thin leads...it's harder for them to do.

but if you have an offense that's giving you 14 point cushions and the opposing offense has to throw it's easier to capitalize on a frantic offense vs an offense capitalzing on a frantic defense trying to protect a 3 point lead.

Ok...tired of typing I've ranted.

Be well

Last edited:
And, a defense playing 80 snaps with injuries that eliminate the normal rotations is going to get even more gassed than normal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom