Brees has been bad. Jordan, Lattimore, Peat, Rankins and M. Williams have been worse (2 Viewers)

I vehemently disagree. No one has been less productive than Drew Brees. He plays the most important position. No one has his impact on our success for better or worse. He has been bad now for three straight games including the playoff game and he is rapidly declining. This topic seems to try to deflect attention from the elephant in the room. If we put together drives, maybe the defense wouldn't be on the field so long to get exposed. One hand washes the other. Just my opinion.

I agree, but you also have to take into account all the times we've had the worst defense in the NFL, Brees was lighting it up and still only got to 7-9. Defense matters, too.

This is the same defense basically that went 5-0 with checkdown Teddy at QB. Well besides Davenhurt being out. I refuse to believe the team has fallen off in that amount of time. I think they are still installing on both sides of the ball and didn't make any changes from the Tompa game. Our passing offense looks old and predictable

This is the same defense basically that went 5-0 with checkdown Teddy at QB. Well besides Davenhurt being out. I refuse to believe the team has fallen off in that amount of time. I think they are still installing on both sides of the ball and didn't make any changes from the Tompa game. Our passing offense looks old and predictable
That defense didn’t have Malcolm Jenkins getting burned constantly.

That defense didn’t have Malcolm Jenkins getting burned constantly.

Vonn Bell would have sucked at covering Waller just as much as Jenkins. I also don't think we would have given Bell that job, because the coaches knew better.
They either underestimated Waller or overestimated Jenkins' coverage skills. Hopefully just the former, and Jenkins should be OK covering "normal" TE's.

After the first quarter, Carr had all day to hold the ball. I think one time I counted like 9 seconds before he gave up the 'coverage' sack. The secondary held up as well as any secondary in the league is supposed to. What's missing is 2 more useful lineman that can get any sort of pass rush. We have zero quick twitch lineman that can get instant pressure. This allows them to double Jordan and ignore everyone else. Davenport is sorely needed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom