Brees has been bad. Jordan, Lattimore, Peat, Rankins and M. Williams have been worse (1 Viewer)

If you think anyone on this team is playing worse then Brees your mistaken I’m sorry. 2011 2009 or 2018 Brees with this team we probably have two 45+ point games and Brees is the MVP favorite with 8-10 TDs no picks and 800+ yards

Demario Davis seemed to do just fine. Shouldn't a pro bowl SS be able to cover a TE as well as a LB?
Are you aware that MJenkins wasn't the only one to get beat by the TE last night? Yes Davis did the best against him, but Marcus Williams, CJGJ, Anzalone, and PJ also got beat by him.

Are you aware that MJenkins wasn't the only one to get beat by the TE last night? Yes Davis did the best against him, but Marcus Williams, CJGJ, Anzalone, and PJ also got beat by him.

So that excuses Malcolm Jenkins? How does those other guys playing like trash against Waller (though a much lower snap count) somehow mean that Jenkins (who played a ton against Waller) didn't have a bad game?

So that excuses Malcolm Jenkins? How does those other guys playing like trash against Waller (though a much lower snap count) somehow mean that Jenkins (who played a ton against Waller) didn't have a bad game?
Dude... NFL players aren't robots. Just because a SS can cover TE doesn't mean he can cover all TEs.

You think Jenkins can cover a prime Jimmy Graham in isolation? The gameplan just didn't account for the TE to being a Jimmy Graham level threat. He did a great job last week against more prominent known threats with a better gameplan.
Jenkins let a fullback catch a pass for a 1st down in the flat on a 3rd down. Is he not supposed to be good enough to stop that?

Possibly the sloppiest game I've seen in a while. Malcom was getting beat CGJ needs to clam down a bit he got exposed as a peeker, he consistently watches the qb instead of coverage responsibilities hopefully this is the bs game they lose each year

Jenkins let a fullback catch a pass for a 1st down in the flat on a 3rd down. Is he not supposed to be good enough to stop that?
Jon Gruden did his homework. That was an exploit playcalling by design. No one was designated to cover the fb. They sold out for the run. It was an awful gameplan due to lack of film and adjustments. Raiders adjusted and we became totally off balance. It happens when you have stooge as a Defensive Coordinator.

And not for nothing but this isn't the first time Waller has lit up a defense. Last year he went berserk against some pretty solid pass defenses. So the Saints not having an answer for him isn't a huge surprise to me. We've seen far less talented TEs have good games against DA's defenses.

I haven't rewatched the game (not sure I'd recommend that to anyone), but Cam Jordan was chipped, doubled, and given help on a substantial number of plays. Cam Jordan is far from one of the first people I would call out. The Raiders would roll tight ends and backs to his side often. They dared our other lineman to beat them, and aside from some early success, they won.

The Raiders also won in large part because Carr got the ball out quickly on many of his throws. They took very few shots down the field. To put Carr's numbers in perspective from last night, the yards per completion he had (10.1) would have ranked 31st last year. They beat us from this perspective because they neutralized our best defender with extra help, then released the ball quickly on short and intermediate routes that we failed to defend well.

Last edited:
Odd to say that it’s actually kind of a good thing that those are the names you mention, because they won’t be this bad all year. Just hope the Saints can tread water until we get into a groove.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom