Brees has been bad. Jordan, Lattimore, Peat, Rankins and M. Williams have been worse (1 Viewer)

I think you’re underestimating Waller personally. He’s a top 5 TE in the league. A notch below Kelce and Kittle, but definitely a high 2nd tier guy. He had 90 catches for 1145 yards his first season as a starter last year.

He's good...I'm not denying that. I'm just saying that we are going to come across many similar TEs and a pro-bowl SS that is making over $8 million/year is suppose to be able to cover TEs like that.

No mention of Malcolm Jenkins?
Let's just not, like for the rest of the year no matter what. Nothing makes this place erupt like Roadhouse than the mention of the name. I say this half joking, but we all need to heal and become friends again. ;)

I think honestly the gameplan failed him and hung him out to dry about 80% of the time.
Malcolm Jenkins was schooled and owned by younger talented players. He was a step or two too slow and was constantly playing catchup, so to speak.

I think we’d have done much better Re-signing the younger faster Vonn Bell than bringing back Jenkins after his prime. Smart safety but he doesn’t look like the Malcolm Jenkins of Phili or even the Saints. It’s like selling a car you loved and then rebuying it after someone else owned it for a few years. It’s just not the same car.

Jenkins let a fullback catch a pass for a 1st down in the flat on a 3rd down. Is he not supposed to be good enough to stop that?
So by your theory, was the fullback not good enough to make that play? The game is played on both sides. They’re pros, just because you love the Saints doesn’t mean the score should be 30-0 Saints with 0 completions by the opposing team. Players make plays, veterans, rookies, no namers, they all make plays. Saints got beat, plain and simple.

We are blaming Jordan now? Has it come to this? He had constant pressure despite being double teamed and plays every snap. That was a lot of snaps last night. Leave Cam out of it

Lattimore definitely does not deserve a pass. Sure he held Evans week 1 but he was basically a decoy that game. The dude let utter scrubs like Edwards, Zay Jones and Hunter Renfrew beat him like a drum all night on third downs. We legit could not get off the field. Super disappointing day that raised a ton of questions about our season.

Lattimore definitely does not deserve a pass. Sure he held Evans week 1 but he was basically a decoy that game. The dude let utter scrubs like Edwards, Zay Jones and Hunter Renfrew beat him like a drum all night on third downs. We legit could not get off the field. Super disappointing day that raised a ton of questions about our season.
I can get over him getting beat time to time, but to give up 3rd downs to no name WRs. Nahhhhhhhh...

I vehemently disagree. No one has been less productive than Drew Brees. He plays the most important position. No one has his impact on our success for better or worse. He has been bad now for three straight games including the playoff game and he is rapidly declining. This topic seems to try to deflect attention from the elephant in the room. If we put together drives, maybe the defense wouldn't be on the field so long to get exposed. One hand washes the other. Just my opinion.

…..anything to take the spotlight off Brees and his declining skills.
Don't know which message board or Facebook group you're frequenting, but plenty of people are holding Brees accountable.

I don't understand why have Jenkins on TEs. They moved away from what was working, Davis should have stayed on Waller. He's better on TEs.

Plus if they have players out of there natural position, that's on DA. You have to have the players in the best spots and having Jenkins and Ceedy Duece out of position isn't good.

I don't understand why have Jenkins on TEs. They moved away from what was working, Davis should have stayed on Waller. He's better on TEs.

Plus if they have players out of there natural position, that's on DA. You have to have the players in the best spots and having Jenkins and Ceedy Duece out of position isn't good.
Jenkins is a zone nickel corner anyway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom