Brees: I know I can still play. (1 Viewer)

What a difference one game makes

On Saturday Drew was the best QB of all time playing the best football of his career (we howled in outrage over him not being in the top 100)

On Monday morning he was washed up and needs to hang them up
Yeah it is unbelievable how some fans are.

A 21M cap hit before the 30M he’s going to ask for. Of course he wants to play for 3-4 more years. It’s the only way we could possibly entertain getting into a disastrous contract for our franchise.

The time is now to cut ties and get this franchise out from under his cap hit. We can use that money to build a team around whomever is QB.

Additionally, I believe his skills are diminishing. Extending Drew is a bad business decision for this franchise.

the realistic, rational and non emotional way of thinking. Won't be liked by some on the board, but needed to be said. I just feel sorry for the QB that will eventually take his place. He will have zero shot at doing anything right with some on this board and never live up to Brees’ size 25 shoes.

Sure he could "play" for another 2-3 years, but can he compete at a level to win a championship for another 2-3 years??

Only if Payton can commit to the running game and gameplan the way he did during the 5 game Teddy stretch.

Drew owns the records now. Dont need to throw all over the yard anymore. The only way we can compete in the playoffs with DB9 at QB is with a game plan focused on the Run and protecting DB9.
I think he can for 2 years, though the offensive scheme needs to change a bit. Drew still has the ability to roll out of the pocket if there is a rush up the middle and that is where the coaching failed. Once the Vikings put their DE's against the guards Payton should have called plays where Drew could roll out and hit speedy guys like Ginn, Kamara, and D. Harris in the flats.

the realistic, rational and non emotional way of thinking. Won't be liked by some on the board, but needed to be said. I just feel sorry for the QB that will eventually take his place. He will have zero shot at doing anything right with some on this board and never live up to Brees’ size 25 shoes.

100% agree. Getting into a long term deal with Drew will not only guarantee the Saints not make the Super Bowl for the duration, but also sacrifices future assets and current ones that need to get paid.

People are in love with the guy from 2009.

100% agree. Getting into a long term deal with Drew will not only guarantee the Saints not make the Super Bowl for the duration, but also sacrifices future assets and current ones that need to get paid.

People are in love with the guy from 2009.

Drew let it be known before last year that there won't be "long" term deals. He will only agree to 1 year at a time and all deals will include a no franchise tag clause.

His brain/game knowledge can still play. But Father Time takes away your arm. He is done. Time to move on.

Please explain you're thought process? I remember seeing a DB9 come back from a thumb injury that probably should've ended his 2019 season, in record time and proceed to kick butt and was almost perfect in a Monday Night game. Please explain how "He is done"

Drew let it be known before last year that there won't be "long" term deals. He will only agree to 1 year at a time and all deals will include a no franchise tag clause.

We cant afford to give him one year fully guaranteed deal.

Well let me rephrase. We cant afford to do that and retain talent.

And before you mention fake years, thats kicking the can down the road further and increasing the mountain the team will have to clear once he finally is gone.

Of course drew has more left in the tank. Coach did him no favors last Sunday in the dome with play calling. If Drew comes back a saint and we all want to win a Super Bowl then we need to really think about who we are as an offense in order to make a deep playoff push against good to elite defenses.

No one will ever question what Drew has done for this organization. He's a class act and truly one of the best to wear the Saints uniform. He does still have the ability to play at a high level with the exception of stretching the field with a long throw.

My concerns are:

- He's never taken a pay cut. He's restructured his contract but that was to get money on the back end. If we sign him, the extra coveted wide receiver and filling holes in the secondary will never happen.

- He runs SP's offense to perfection but to a fault. SP has allot of formations but fails to run the ball in the playoffs
Saints vs Vikings: 2020 Rushing attempts: 17 Passing Attempts: 34

In the past 3 years regular season, the average attempts for passing is : 480 Rushing attempts: is around 350

I don't think the Saints can pass their way to a super bowl victory

lets NOT give Drew the montana treatment.
Why not? It worked out pretty good for San Fran. No matter what, that day will come and the person will not live up to the shadow of Drew. We're just delaying the inevitable at this point for emotional reasons. He's not the only reason we win games, I mean Teddy proved that, and Drew has proven to be insufficient in the last 3 years of the playoffs.

Last edited:
He’s fine for about 11-13 games but then he starts to fade. The injury actually helped late in the season. But it caught up to him in the Vikings game. It’s teams with a fast and talented front 7 that’s the biggest challenge. Dallas, Minnesota, LA Rams.

Come on Brittany, work your magic! Ask him to spend more time with you and the family. Drew just doesn’t want to wash the dishes ?
Agreed! Just bow out drew, please!

It means Brees will not go out in a 1st round loss, and is back for 2020... Teddy is outta here..... and Taysom will be signed long term....

That's my take.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom