Brees - Inaccurate Throws (1 Viewer)

SaintsMan209

SB This year!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
A lot of people are saying that Brees has lost his accuracy. Can we go ahead and list the throws he was inaccurate on?

1. Throw to Josh Hill seemed way out of reach.
2. Throw to Jared Cook hit him in the hands but there was a penalty anyway.

any others you can think of from the last two games?

Reaction score
On the Cook route, would be curious to know if Cook's OPI led to him breaking his route earlier.

On the Hill route, I wonder how much of it had to do with Josh Hill being slow as hell and getting tripped up a bit by the defender as he began to break out. No doubt Drew should have waited - unless we consider the fact that waiting would allow the defender to recover and easily slide in front of Hill for a pick... Josh Hill probably shouldn't be going downfield for a 20 yard out, to be honest.

WHODAT_N

Cali WhoDat Predator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Multiple in first game to Kamara on out routes and last night the one that sticks in my mind even though kamara caught it was a weird dart fastball at his feet towards the end of the game.

SAINTSFAN

Contributor
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think the issue with Brees is that he needs a perfectly clean pocket in order to make an accurate pass. He can’t throw an accurate pass over 5 yards with just his arm, he needs to step up every time.
Some of you guys act like Brees is some unproven rookie and you have the answer. Too much overreaction.

Meachemdat

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
The main problem I'm seeing is no rhythm on offense unless we are run heavy. If that's the case do what works.
Last night we would get into rhythms and then someone would go down with an injury and the drive would stall pretty much every time.

The other glaring issue is that Drew will not pull the trigger on passes downfield and when he does, it's a horrible decision.
Not sure if that's on Drew or if it's because guys aren't getting open. With this much talent on offense, it's inexcusable to have players not be able to get open ever. That's a scheme issue.

breesgirl

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Brees definitely doesn't look like himself nowadays. That interception was a perfect pass to the defender, just something you never see from him. His short/intermediate accuracy has always been his strength, but it looks like he's struggling pretty bad with it.
He may not look like himself, but I’ve definitely seen prime Brees throw that exact same type interception before. I think people are sanitizing the gun slinger part of Brees’s history. He has made the “aw shirt“ throws like that in the past, where he overestimates his arm and gets picked off. As a matter of fact Brees has been good for about three head scratching games every season for at least six years now.

He now has only one more left. I hope it’s against another AFC opponent.😁

Trey W.

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Brees definitely doesn't look like himself nowadays. That interception was a perfect pass to the defender, just something you never see from him. His short/intermediate accuracy has always been his strength, but it looks like he's struggling pretty bad with it.
I forget the year but there was this one game against the Browns where Drew was throwing a few passes straight to the defense.

mc4saints

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
IMO, Payton is putting Brees in a bad position by not running the ball more to set up the pass. At this point in his career, Brees needs the help and Saints are built to run the ball with Kamara and Murray. More runs out of passing sets. But, at this point, we all know Payton isn't changing and he has had great success overall. So in his mind, why would he change?

Reaction score
He may not look like himself, but I’ve definitely seen prime Brees throw that exact same type interception before. I think people are sanitizing the gun slinger part of Brees’s history. He has made the “aw shirt“ throws like that in the past, where he overestimates his arm and gets picked off. As a matter of fact Brees has been good for about three head scratching games every season for at least six years now.

What talent? After Kamara and Thomas we are mediocre. We have devoted our draft choices to defense and the offensive line and it shows. Not enough playmakers. Why did LSU run the saints offense better than the saints? They had 5 quality receivers.

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score

Great analysis! Thx. And didn't Brees throw almost an identical interception in the Rams playoff game in OT?

But some of us love the gunslinger in Brees

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
How would Drew Brees' (alleged) 'baller' condo at the Four Seasons Hotel look? Get a sneak preview Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Film Study: How Saints QB Brees turned in a vintage performance without top receivers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees, Saints still have that two-minute-drill magic Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus WATCH: Baldy's Breakdowns highlights the Drew Brees leap vs. Carolina SR News Page Articles 0
jasonsw Brees Quitely having a great season Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 117
Saint Kamara Brees leading team on historic pace for 3rd down conversions Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 18
Tom Brady, Drew Brees may pass the NFL TD pass record back and forth many times Saints RSS News Feeds 0
jasonsw Saints Drew Brees for MVP? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 33
Dan in Lafayette Drew Brees excellent throughout, Marcus Davenport comes up with big sack in New Orleans Saints victory against Panthers SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Brees' clutch precision lifts Saints past Panthers, 27-24 SR News Page Articles 0
Tom Brady passes Drew Brees for NFL passing touchdowns record Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Tom Brady ties Drew Brees with his 558th career touchdown pass Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bigsaints Brees before the half Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 31
Krodwhodat Drew Brees is a better QB with less talented receivers Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 38
Drew Brees, Alvin Kamara lead depleted Saints offense past Panthers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Kamara Game winning drives, Brees getting closer to the record Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 8
Saint Kamara Thank God for Drew Brees Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 27
Drew Brees' latest milestone? Saints QB the first in NFL history to hit 7K completions Saints RSS News Feeds 0
saintmike23 Saints That was the closest Drew Brees special ever! Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
The end of the QB era, Part 3: Drew Brees’ legacy Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Drew Brees reacts to New Orleans Saints vs Carolina Panthers Week 7, Teddy Bridgewater Is No-Problem SR News Page Articles 0
Saints QB Drew Brees teams up with LaToya Cantrell for new coronavirus PSA Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Tom Brady now one touchdown pass behind Drew Brees’ career record Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Brees Air Stats Over 10 Yards Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 50
Dan in Lafayette Saints mainstays Brees, Jordan, Morstead climbing higher in team record books SR News Page Articles 0