Brees - Inaccurate Throws (1 Viewer)

SaintsMan209

SB This year!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
A lot of people are saying that Brees has lost his accuracy. Can we go ahead and list the throws he was inaccurate on?

1. Throw to Josh Hill seemed way out of reach.
2. Throw to Jared Cook hit him in the hands but there was a penalty anyway.

any others you can think of from the last two games?

On the Cook route, would be curious to know if Cook's OPI led to him breaking his route earlier.

On the Hill route, I wonder how much of it had to do with Josh Hill being slow as hell and getting tripped up a bit by the defender as he began to break out. No doubt Drew should have waited - unless we consider the fact that waiting would allow the defender to recover and easily slide in front of Hill for a pick... Josh Hill probably shouldn't be going downfield for a 20 yard out, to be honest.

Multiple in first game to Kamara on out routes and last night the one that sticks in my mind even though kamara caught it was a weird dart fastball at his feet towards the end of the game.

I think the issue with Brees is that he needs a perfectly clean pocket in order to make an accurate pass. He can’t throw an accurate pass over 5 yards with just his arm, he needs to step up every time.
Some of you guys act like Brees is some unproven rookie and you have the answer. Too much overreaction.

The main problem I'm seeing is no rhythm on offense unless we are run heavy. If that's the case do what works.
Last night we would get into rhythms and then someone would go down with an injury and the drive would stall pretty much every time.

The other glaring issue is that Drew will not pull the trigger on passes downfield and when he does, it's a horrible decision.
Not sure if that's on Drew or if it's because guys aren't getting open. With this much talent on offense, it's inexcusable to have players not be able to get open ever. That's a scheme issue.

Brees definitely doesn't look like himself nowadays. That interception was a perfect pass to the defender, just something you never see from him. His short/intermediate accuracy has always been his strength, but it looks like he's struggling pretty bad with it.

He may not look like himself, but I’ve definitely seen prime Brees throw that exact same type interception before. I think people are sanitizing the gun slinger part of Brees’s history. He has made the “aw shirt“ throws like that in the past, where he overestimates his arm and gets picked off. As a matter of fact Brees has been good for about three head scratching games every season for at least six years now.

He now has only one more left. I hope it’s against another AFC opponent.😁

Brees definitely doesn't look like himself nowadays. That interception was a perfect pass to the defender, just something you never see from him. His short/intermediate accuracy has always been his strength, but it looks like he's struggling pretty bad with it.
I forget the year but there was this one game against the Browns where Drew was throwing a few passes straight to the defense.

IMO, Payton is putting Brees in a bad position by not running the ball more to set up the pass. At this point in his career, Brees needs the help and Saints are built to run the ball with Kamara and Murray. More runs out of passing sets. But, at this point, we all know Payton isn't changing and he has had great success overall. So in his mind, why would he change?

He may not look like himself, but I’ve definitely seen prime Brees throw that exact same type interception before. I think people are sanitizing the gun slinger part of Brees’s history. He has made the “aw shirt“ throws like that in the past, where he overestimates his arm and gets picked off. As a matter of fact Brees has been good for about three head scratching games every season for at least six years now.

What talent? After Kamara and Thomas we are mediocre. We have devoted our draft choices to defense and the offensive line and it shows. Not enough playmakers. Why did LSU run the saints offense better than the saints? They had 5 quality receivers.

Great analysis! Thx. And didn't Brees throw almost an identical interception in the Rams playoff game in OT?

But some of us love the gunslinger in Brees

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom