Brees Injury Diagnosis MERGED (UPDATE: Drew expected to have surgery on torn ligament - out 6 weeks) (2 Viewers)

6 weeks is good news imo but honestly I wonder if he’ll even be ready then.
It can be virtually eight weeks -- the sixth game missed would be the Cardinals in the Dome on Sun 10/27. Next week is the bye, and the week after the Falcons come to town on Sun 11/10.

The next thing to look for is whether he goes IR. If he does, he's out for eight weeks.

If no IR, that's confirmation that the team expects him back sooner than eight weeks.
He won't go on IR. Could be back in less than 6 weeks.

0 chance lol. Not with a torn ligament man. It’s much more likely that he’s out 8-10 than 4. I love the optimism though. I think he comes back the week after the bye.
It’s been reported as 6 weeks. 7 really. Saints have a bye.

He’ll be back in 4 weeks.
Remember Ricky Jackson returning in '89 after that terrible car accident...

I know it's not the same situation, but anything's possible...

Source?

Edit

Maybe the video about 3 posts above yours. All speculation but the video said 6 weeks rough max he would be out. This doctor has not examined Drew or seen tests, so I would take what he said with a dome of salt. Still, it looks like the most credible information there is at this point.

0 chance lol. Not with a torn ligament man. It’s much more likely that he’s out 8-10 than 4. I love the optimism though. I think he comes back the week after the bye.
Both Mike Trout and Chris Paul were out 5-6 weeks with the same injury, same surgery, same surgeon.

8-10 weeks??? Where are you coming up with that?

I liked your post only as a co-sign .,. not that it's good that Brees is hurt. Don't want to assume that that's understood.

Yeah, this injury is not something you tough out, train harder for, eat better for, or anything like that. It takes as long as it takes.

StudioSaint at it again although I’m saying exactly what medical experts are saying. Dude is the biggest clown on the forum.

Thanks for the update. This is a significant development and should be the start of a new thread to avoid people having to sift through pages of speculation to get to a turning point in the dialogue.

You (or anybody else) should feel free to repost it. I’m not modding anymore, but I’m completely confident this is consistent with Andrus’s thinking. :)

Sit him an extra week? None of these games are guaranteed wins without Drew. If he’s ready for AZ, we play him against AZ. I have a feeling we’ll be 3-4 at best going into that game.
It said approximately 6 weeks. I'm guessing the 6 six week would be the minimum. I think realistically we'll see him back after the bye. But who knows, Brees has defied the odds before.

I liked your post only as a co-sign .,. not that it's good that Brees is hurt. Don't want to assume that that's understood.

Yeah, this injury is not something you tough out, train harder for, eat better for, or anything like that. It takes as long as it takes.

Exactly. There’s a good chance he will go to IR and return the week after Atlanta, but I hope it’s sooner.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom