Brees Injury Diagnosis MERGED (UPDATE: Drew expected to have surgery on torn ligament - out 6 weeks) (1 Viewer)

However, I didn't have surgery, not in the shape Brees is in and didn't have the resources he has to get it right.

The last point about resources is the most important. He’ll have the most highly skilled care available post-op to give him the best chance to rehab completely, accurately, and as quickly as possible. Doesn’t guarantee anything, obviously, but many of us as patients don’t benefit from the same level of oversight and commitment to our care to make sure we are doing exactly as directed and provided every resource available. He’s going to live rehab under very watchful eyes.

If you guys really think Brees is coming back to throw a football this year you’re delusional. We’re talking real flesh here, this isn’t some injury report spreadsheet schedule and you also need to check your blind faith in “surgeons” and the medical community.

Still in shock. When it happened in the game yesterday...every WhoDat there looked like they had been sucker punched. We’ve been so lucky for so long to have him like a rock. Take care Drew and get this healed up right.
Dennis agreed. It was like the life was sucked out of us. This isn't the worst case scenario so we still have a shot this year.

It's been posted already, if by some chance we can scratch and claw 3 wins in the next 6 that would be a major win. The bye is late so that helps. The challenge is we likely lose the next 2. Get well Drew. See you in the second half of the season. WhoDat!

Since surgery is about to take place on Drew's hand, there are three things to keep in mind regarding what we can/should expect regarding his recovery.

1. Until the full extent of the damage is known, it will be impossible to speculate on what will need to be fixed and how long it will take to heal.

2. The quality of the surgery will be a factor in how well and how quickly Drew will heal. We already know that he has the top hand surgeon at the ready to rebuild the most important and second most used (BobE still #1) right hand in all of humanity. Dr Shin's expertise will certainly be a factor in how quickly Drew's hand will be ready to throw a football again.

3. Drew's own ability to heal and feel right will be the final key to when he can be ready to get back to work winning football games for us. The most important thing for Drew is to do whatever is recommended by doctors and trainers to get his hand moving and working right. In the meantime Drew has to be able to let his team pick up the slack in his absence and not try to rush himself back into the starting role. If he is going to be effective at all for the remainder of the year, the one thing he cannot afford to do is re injure his hand. Take the time you need Drew to get it working right again.

Last edited:
If you guys really think Brees is coming back to throw a football this year you’re delusional. We’re talking real flesh here, this isn’t some injury report spreadsheet schedule and you also need to check your blind faith in “surgeons” and the medical community.
You obviously don't understand what's going on lol

I prefer to stay in my bubble of optimism. I'm all for being realistic but life without hope is bleak. I'll go with the forecast from those on the inside for now.

It's been done before. Have you done much research on SutureTape and InternalBrace? Makes a huge difference is when players are returning to play.

This. People need to read and research these. Yes alot of people have these injuries, alot of experience with recovery, but the advancements with these products are making a huge difference.

Well, I'm forced to see the silver lining in any situation.

#1) We'll get to see what this team is really made of. I'm thinking they rally for Drew and play their hearts out. Let's see if that's good enough to win us the majority of the games over the next 6 weeks

#2) I think the Dallas game is going to be a tough but all the other games are quite winnable. I think this Sunday may be my most anticipated Saints game ever. I have to see what this team looks like in a meaningful game without Drew.

#3) I'm going to be optimistic and say that Drew is fine in Week 9. You know what's fully rested for the 2nd half of the year? His shoulder. There has been much todo the last few years about him wearing down in the 2nd half of the year. This year he'll be fresh when he does come back.

Yet Chris Paul and Mike Trout, with the same injury, same surgery and same surgeon were only out 5-6 weeks.
Betting Trout would have taken longer if he pitched with that hand. And, no two injuries are the same. Paul and Trout could have had partial tears while Brees had a full tear, for example. Doubt anybody actually knows until the surgery is done. We'll see when they do or don't put him on IR.

Sucks for your guys, I'm sorry, never want anyone to be injured, even players on rival teams.

There's so much about this post that I don't understand. I guess I'll start with this, why is surgeons in quotation marks? Are you saying these guys aren't real surgeons? And what's wrong with the medical community?

What is an "injury report spreadsheet schedule"? The information that we've been given is that Drew's recovery will take at least 6 weeks. There are 17 weeks in a NFL season. We just finished week 2. According to my calculations Drew can possibly return with or without our delusion.

Dennis agreed. It was like the life was sucked out of us. This isn't the worst case scenario so we still have a shot this year.

It's been posted already, if by some chance we can scratch and claw 3 wins in the next 6 that would be a major win. The bye is late so that helps. The challenge is we likely lose the next 2. Get well Drew. See you in the second half of the season. WhoDat!

I hear ya, Ed! I really think that SP is going to throw together some great gameplans that has TB and Taysom going back and forth at QB in the meantime. I hope we make every team we play have to scheme for both guys. Let’s try to stay at .500 till Drew gets back. WhoDat

You mean, experts in the field who do this work for athletes all the time? We shouldn't listen to their opinions and thoughts?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom