Brees Injury Diagnosis MERGED (UPDATE: Drew expected to have surgery on torn ligament - out 6 weeks) (1 Viewer)

Dr. Chin must be doing the surgery. He does an anchored procedure that shortens the recovery time.
Any chance it's done laparoscopically (tiny incision with small, "long-handled" tools)? Not having a huge Frankenstein gash on his hand also speeds recovery.

I was looking at some post-surgery photos -- from regular-Joe thumb surgery not million-dollar athlete thumb surgery. It looked like half the healing time was just for the skin to close back up.

There's so much about this post that I don't understand. I guess I'll start with this, why is surgeons in quotation marks? Are you saying these guys aren't real surgeons? And what's wrong with the medical community?

What is an "injury report spreadsheet schedule"? The information that we've been given is that Drew's recovery will take at least 6 weeks. There are 17 weeks in a NFL season. We just finished week 2. According to my calculations Drew can possibly return with or without our delusion.
What I've been hearing is "up to 6 weeks".

6 weeks is just the minimum until he can resume football activities correct?

It’s not like the FO would throw him in 6 weeks from now. If everything goes perfectly, he heals for 6 weeks and takes another 2-3 weeks to practice throwing etc.

I imagine it will feel completely different for him post surgery and it will take him some time to adjust. I would not expect to see him back Week 8, but a few weeks after

Any chance it's done laparoscopically (tiny incision with small, "long-handled" tools)? Not having a huge Frankenstein gash on his hand also speeds recovery.

I was looking at some post-surgery photos -- from regular-Joe thumb surgery not million-dollar athlete thumb surgery. It looked like half the healing time was just for the skin to close back up.
Yes, Drew won't be sliced open like that.

6 weeks is just the minimum until he can resume football activities correct?

It’s not like the FO would throw him in 6 weeks from now. If everything goes perfectly, he heals for 6 weeks and takes another 2-3 weeks to practice throwing etc.

I imagine it will feel completely different for him post surgery and it will take him some time to adjust. I would not expect to see him back Week 8, but a few weeks after
My understanding is that Brees is expected to miss up to six games. They will know more after surgery.

Rams fan here... (I come in peace)

I'm really bummed for you guys. I hate to see anyone get hurt, especially a guy like Drew Brees. I hope he has a speedy recovery and gets back on the field soon. Hopefully we won't have to see you guys for a while, am I right?

And the refs screwed you guys again, which is so unfortunate and unacceptable. Cam Jordan should have had that TD. I don't think it would have changed the outcome of the game, but the refs really need to get their crap together.

I wish you guys well. Stay healthy and have a good season. Maybe next time we meet up, we'll have a fair game. Take care.

Nope.

I believe this Dr. is pioneering a new procedure for this type of injury where he reinforces the ligament with some type of "tape". (not really tape as we know it but rather a strong material),
He anchors this "tape" over the ligament. Cuts recovery time significantly. So far, it has very promising results. I believe Mike Trout had this same procedure done in 2017.

One thing is for sure, Brees is seeing the very best Dr. for this type of injury in the country-and possibly the world.

Must see for those interested in what Brees injury means

Thank you for an interesting vid......wow, the thumb is complicated! Those ligaments are such a tiny part of the anatomy, but so vital to a quarterback being effective.

When Peyton Manning & Tom Brady both had their knee surgeries, they both got infected afterwards. I asked an Ortho MD how that could possibly happen, when both players had the best care in the world. He said, “1% get infected, no matter what.”

Praying for Drew to have a safe surgery & recovery. Who Dat!

I don't think it would have changed the outcome of the game, but the refs really need to get their crap together.

This really is the point, though. This and last week weren’t even blown judgment calls, they were improper procedure.

At any rate, thank you the kind words.

I’m relieved it’s a 6 week injury. Watching the agony in Drew’s face yesterday had me concerned it could be season ending, if not potentially a career ender. The agony I speak of is Drew pondering those same issues. The frustration of not being able to help his team in the moment, possibly for the season, and the uncertainty beyond. God Bless Drew Brees. At this moment, if we didn’t know before,, we know now just how valuable to this team he is. I hope he remains part of this franchise, in some capacity, post retirement of playing days.

If you guys really think Brees is coming back to throw a football this year you’re delusional. We’re talking real flesh here, this isn’t some injury report spreadsheet schedule and you also need to check your blind faith in “surgeons” and the medical community.

When he does you better be ready to eat your huge plate of crow and don't you dare ask for some hot sauce.

Circle the Falcons home game Nov 10th in red ink for Brees' return.

That's the week after the bye - 8 weeks away. Hopeful we can manage 4-3.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom