Brees Injury Diagnosis MERGED (UPDATE: Drew expected to have surgery on torn ligament - out 6 weeks) (1 Viewer)

You know they won't with how tight lipped Payton is about any injury. I'm sure he'll be extra tight lipped about this (especially since it's Drew) after explaining what the injury is and what he's doing or had done. He can't avoid that much, but after the fact, I think we'll hear, "Everything is going as well as could be expected."

Payton will let us know on Wed that Drew has an Arm, and will be monitoring the situation closely LOL

Can't post the link from my phone, but someone on Reddit got a pic with him in the Houston airport. Thumb looks swollen, but he isn't wearing a brace. Take that as you will.

Edit: and he's holding a water bottle.

So we'll hear about it when the decision is made as to what he's doing. Just because he's gotten the second opinion doesn't mean he's decided what he's doing. Give the man a minute. It's his livelihood on the line.

I was reading the CBA's provisions for player medical treatment (yeah I know), and I think Drew may have been required to get a "second opinion" or the Club Ortho Surgeons opinion to get the treatment from the non-Saints Ortho surgeon that he saw in southern California. I know it sounds crazy, but this "second opinion" stuff being reported may just be a rubber stamp type requirement of the CBA so Drew can get the new procedure done by the guy in Cali who is known to specialized in it.

Can't post the link from my phone, but someone on Reddit got a pic with him in the Houston airport. Thumb looks swollen, but he isn't wearing a brace. Take that as you will.

And how do we know when the pick was taken?

well to be fair, he is cradling with his fingers, not gripping and holding. That thumb indeed looks a bit swole at the base.

Dude stops for pics amid all this. pretty freakin cool.

If worse comes worse, there have been great advancements and success in using the big toe to replace thumbs. And his big toe has already had a little practice connecting with a football the few times he has drop kicked!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom