Brees Injury Diagnosis MERGED (UPDATE: Drew expected to have surgery on torn ligament - out 6 weeks) (2 Viewers)

Hell he can hold a water bottle, he's good!

In all seriousness, I really wish we knew how long he was going to be out. Some kind of official statement.

Nice watch. The thumb looks a little tender but at least it's out of the brace. Its progress, I'll take it.

Can't post the link from my phone, but someone on Reddit got a pic with him in the Houston airport. Thumb looks swollen, but he isn't wearing a brace. Take that as you will.

Edit: and he's holding a water bottle.
With the bad hand?

You can't tell about his grip in that picture. If anything it's concerning as I know zero people who grip a water bottle like that. But, wouldn't speculate. SP will gives an obtuse message tomorrow about the injury.

Is there anything positive about the fact that he is not wearing a brace or tape of any kind?

I’m still shocked it wasn’t iced during the game. I’m very suspect at the severity of
the injury. Until we hear it from the Saints
i’m staying positive.

His whole hand looks swollen in that picture.

Did you watch the replay of the impact? Drew's hand hit Donald's big meat hook with such force that it ricocheted off Donald and smacked into Drew's pads with enough force that his fingers all wiggled and splayed out all unnaturally like a party favor. Id be surprised if his whole hand doesn't feel like it was hit by a truck -- because it kind of was.

Is it safe for him to be in Houston? He was recently unkind to them. :ezbill:

Well it seems the "6 weeks" needs to be removed. Now there is no timetable for a possible return.

Brees was diagnosed with a torn ulnar collateral ligament (UCL) in the thumb of his throwing hand that is expected to sideline him at least six weeks, a source familiar with the situation said.

However, Tuesday's report stated that there is now no timetable for Brees' return.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom