Brees INT....Downhill from there!!! (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Every team loses every now and then....I don't think the season is necessarily over. But there were some things that concern me big time. First, Mr. Drew Brees. He has been a model of consistency and everything good about New Orleans since 2006 but I'm actually starting to think he need to seriously consider hanging it up. Some of you are going to read that and go "Are you Crazy???" Think about it though. If you go back and look at his last 3 performances his numbers aren't that good.

Minnesota may have exposed his weaknesses and now everybody is following suit. If the ball can't pushed down the field and you allow defenses to box you in this is what happens. The interception started tonight's downward spiral and If he can't adjust then it will be a ho hum 9 or 10 win season at best. Second, the defense. From a stopping the run standpoint I thought they did ok. But the penalties!!! The penalties!!!! The penalties!!!!! Just ridiculous!!!! You can't do that.

It's a shame that everytime Derek Carr threw the ball downfield I found myself looking for a flag and on most occasions one came flying to my disgust. I don't care I good the defense look on paper and yes last week they balled with the exception of the penalties. But consistency is the name of the game and the Saints defense still has a ways to go.

Third and finally, Coaching....No I'm not pointing the finger at Sean Payton. It's actually going to Dennis Allen. In the first quarter, he called a great blitz to sack Carr and the back end of the secondary was holding up to get a few more coverage sacks. But then, it's like Gruden adjusted and he didn't. Carr got into a rhythm and he didn't nothing to change it. Very disappointed. Better get it together quickly because next week you got Aaron Rodgers to deal with.

Every team loses every now and then....I don't think the season is necessarily over. But there were some things that concern me big time. First, Mr. Drew Brees. He has been a model of consistency and everything good about New Orleans since 2006 but I'm actually starting to think he need to seriously consider hanging it up. Some of you are going to read that and go "Are you Crazy???" Think about it though. If you go back and look at his last 3 performances his numbers aren't that good.

Minnesota may have exposed his weaknesses and now everybody is following suit. If the ball can't pushed down the field and you allow defenses to box you in this is what happens. The interception started tonight's downward spiral and If he can't adjust then it will be a ho hum 9 or 10 win season at best. Second, the defense. From a stopping the run standpoint I thought they did ok. But the penalties!!! The penalties!!!! The penalties!!!!! Just ridiculous!!!! You can't do that.

It's a shame that everytime Derek Carr threw the ball downfield I found myself looking for a flag and on most occasions one came flying to my disgust. I don't care I good the defense look on paper and yes last week they balled with the exception of the penalties. But consistency is the name of the game and the Saints defense still has a ways to go.

Third and finally, Coaching....No I'm not pointing the finger at Sean Payton. It's actually going to Dennis Allen. In the first quarter, he called a great blitz to sack Carr and the back end of the secondary was holding up to get a few more coverage sacks. But then, it's like Gruden adjusted and he didn't. Carr got into a rhythm and he didn't nothing to change it. Very disappointed. Better get it together quickly because next week you got Aaron Rodgers to deal with.
We should trade Saunders, he's useless with weak arm Brees. We kept Brees for 1 year too long. He should have retired prior to this season. Looks like Brees will end his career during a season of turmoil and with a losing record. Too bad , he did so much for the saints. By the way, drug test our entire secondary.

I agree...has Brees looked less sharp than normal? Yes, but I think that can be due to a lack of preseason. With 5 drops, he would have been 31-38. Yes, he doesn't throw it downfield anymore, but we mostly don't see if those receivers are open. Can he not throw them or is it the receivers?

That one drive with 3 penalties in 4 plays was a killer.

The D laid an egg. Couldn't get off the field....couldn't D up a tight end...and for the most part, couldn't get pressure from the front 4. Carr had all day.

5 dropped passes tonight

We still like like we are preseason football.
We have bums playing WR and Brees does not throw a catchable ball like he did in 2015. Remember Cooks asked for a trade after 2016 because Brees could not throw long any more.
But hey we have a great defense, right?

The Raiders are not a good team and have a so-so defense. If they win 8 games that will be progress for the raiders. We are pass our window for going anywhere in the post-season. Brees looks like he should have retired after 2017. This is a bad loss to an average team. So we are an average team and I doubt we win our division.

This is 75% on defense... Saints were up 17-7 till about 5 mins in the 2nd qtr... after that the Raiders offense went:
TD
FG
TD
Fumble
TD
FG

Saints offense went
Int
Punt
Punt
TD

Raiders did not punt. That is on defense. Raiders got 6 drives to saints' 4. That is on defense.

The interception was bad.

The defense was worse.

Dennis Allen is Payton's hand picked guy. The defenses have always ultimately been Payton's responsibility, some years more than others, like when Gregg Williams contractually excluded him from being involved.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom