Brees is now invested in the Burger world (1 Viewer)

td2w

Let's go get em
Reaction score

If there's something I dislike about DB, it's this right here.
The guy is a professional athlete for the past 20 years, he doesn't eat gluten, dairy and what not, but invests in Fast Food chains again and again.

Does he have the right to make a living an "provide for his family"? Yeah, of course, this is the USA.

However, from NFL/commercials he already got enough money to take care of his kids and their grand kids.
Why not invest in the community and the nation by pushing more health-aware food products?

You can dislike this as much as you want, but I think it is slightly hypocrite for a pro athlete to sell burgers, sandwiches and doughnuts.

The guy is a professional athlete for the past 20 years, he doesn't eat gluten, dairy and what not, but invests in Fast Food chains again and again.

Does he have the right to make a living an "provide for his family"? Yeah, of course, this is the USA.

However, from NFL/commercials he already got enough money to take care of his kids and their grand kids.
Why not invest in the community and the nation by pushing more health-aware food products?

You can dislike this as much as you want, but I think it is slightly hypocrite for a pro athlete to sell burgers, sandwiches and doughnuts.

I'm generally hesitant to suggest what others ought to do with their money and resources. I tend to concentrate more on what I do with my own.

I bet you are quick to point fingers and judge ex-NFL players who wind up blowing all their money post-career.

He has a dairy allergy. His family has eaten pizza, albeit cheeseless pizza, his entire time in New Orleans. IIRC, he has a specialty pizza at some local joint named after him that he helped develop. And is on record as having a favorite In-N-Out burger (animal style) whenever he is in California. It's not like he's following the Brady diet or anything.

So I think he can help by showing folks that its fine to enjoy these as "sometimes" foods.

Brees is a business man and sees the potential in hamburger vs tofuburger.

He also gives back a lot of what he has earned to the community in terms of both money and time.

I don't see one scintilla of hypocrisy in how he runs his life. And I certainly believe that I would be the hypocrite if I felt the moral superiority to tell someone else how they should give back to their community.

Morality aside I think its a bad investment. Burger places have been red hot for 2+ but I have begun to turn to healthier options. He may have missed the sweet spot.

I think Brees is on to something here. For those of us that love burgers but are trying to be healthier about it, portion control is the key. “Smalls sliders” sounds like the opposite of Whopper or Big Mac and may indeed be the healthier option. I will definitely give it a try.

At least he isn't invested in dog fighting or seedy massage parlours in Florida. I am sure Drew being invested in Burger World won't hurt his Hall of Fame chances so no reason to worry it's his choice on where to invest his money. I don't see it as hypocritical it's a business investment.

I'm not sure why you care how he invest his money. I'm happy he re-invests it into the Louisiana area. Deuce did car dealerships and went broke with it. Also a little more research shows it's not just fast food places. Here is what he has in addition to the burger place: Jimmy John’s, Walk-On’s, Dunkin’ Donuts, and Title Boxing Club.

When you look these they aren't nearly as unhealthy as you think, except Dunkin and maybe the burger place. All Jimmy John's sandwiches can be an un-wich. It's basically a sandwich with no bread, or other wise known as a salad. Walk On's is a full restaurant. Also, you know the Boxing club isn't fast food.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom