Brees last 4 games (1 Viewer)

St.Fury

Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
107/145 on Completions for 73.7 % 1170 Yards passing. 7 Td 2 INT. Not bad a 41 year old QB. I think Drew is still just warming up. All of this without M.T the ultimate catch machine
This is solid evidence supporting the idea that the offense started slow due to the loss of preseason games.

football

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Well I am a Brees fan but we all know there something isn't right with the offense as a whole. Despite the decent stats, he and the rest of that offense need to play better going forward. I will say having Sanders getting more comfortable with Brees is a big plus. Sanders is becoming what the team has been missing for the longest.....A Lance Moore type of receiver who can find ways to get open somehow and be that security blanket for Brees. And I am liking Callaway progress.

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score
He has 3 INTs, not 2.

The picks in the Raiders and Chargers game were horrible. The Detroit pick was what we've had to live with for a decade+ now which is his size making him liable to get passes tipped and sometimes picked.

I hope he keeps the ugly INTs down to a minimum. I must say that even though he's taken a clear step back, that he's even able to perform at a good level is a testament to his overall greatness. But he can't do it alone like peak Drew. The defense will HAVE to step up. Can't stress this enough. If our defense doesn't get back to the way they were the last two seasons, even if we make the playoffs, it will be a quick out (again).

Last edited:

Krodwhodat

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He has 3 INTs, not 2.

The picks in the Raiders and Chargers game were horrible. The Detroit pick was what we've had to live with for a decade+ now which is his size making him liable to get passes tipped and sometimes picked.

I hope he keeps the ugly INTs down to a minimum. I must say that even though he's taken a clear step back, that he's even able to perform at a good level is a testament to his overall greatness. But he can't do it alone like peak Drew, the defense will HAVE to step up. Can't stress this enough. If our defense doesn't get back to the way they were the last two seasons, even if we make the playoffs, it will be a quick out (again).
Drew couldn’t do it alone then. Our D is giving up 30 points a game. No QB and overcome that. Brees is still a top 5 QB in the league and will only get better as the season goes

slikk

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
That's the good thing about numbers you can use them any kinda way you want to prove a point or make an argument. Drew hasn't played great at all so you can keep posting numbers all year long. My numbers will be 0-1 in the playoffs this year if him and the rest of the Saints continue to play like 💩

Loco Hornet Fan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
He has 3 INTs, not 2.

I hope he keeps the ugly INTs down to a minimum. I must say that even though he's taken a clear step back, that he's even able to perform at a good level is a testament to his overall greatness. But he can't do it alone like peak Drew, the defense will HAVE to step up. Can't stress this enough. If our defense doesn't get back to the way they were the last two seasons, even if we make the playoffs, it will be a quick out (again).
Yeah, I think he’s been playing pretty well recently (needs to get over the slow starts though), but I don’t think he’s the “carry the 30-32nd ranked defense to respectability” guy anymore.

MT returning will help, but we are still going to need the running game (which I think will be there if we let Murray and AK run) and defense to help carry the load. The defense has been a real let-down.

NativeFan

Reaction score
Nobody here is a Brees "hater". But I am a Saints fan and I want the team to succeed. We already know this dink and dunk offense doesn't get it done in the playoffs. It's just not sustainable to require 10-12 plays executed at high precision for every single scoring drive. Yes Drew Brees will very likely have another statistically accomplished regular season and add to some records. But...so what? Where does that get us again?

Youtube actually has the Saints Super Bowl that you can go watch for free and I fired it up a few weeks ago for nostalgia sake. Drew has never had the cannon arm, but I was shocked at how much zip he could put on the ball then compared to now. I had completely forgotten what that Drew Brees looked like I guess. It's just a startling comparison.

Saintcd

Rookie
Reaction score
Nobody here is a Brees "hater". But I am a Saints fan and I want the team to succeed. We already know this dink and dunk offense doesn't get it done in the playoffs. It's just not sustainable to require 10-12 plays executed at high precision for every single scoring drive. Yes Drew Brees will very likely have another statistically accomplished regular season and add to some records. But...so what? Where does that get us again?

Youtube actually has the Saints Super Bowl that you can go watch for free and I fired it up a few weeks ago for nostalgia sake. Drew has never had the cannon arm, but I was shocked at how much zip he could put on the ball then compared to now. I had completely forgotten what that Drew Brees looked like I guess. It's just a startling comparison.
Thanks for posting. Having to drive 10-12 plays for every score is just not sustainable long term. One 2 yard behind the line of scrimmage throw and it’s 3rd unattainable yards. What is more concerning than any distance the ball goes is that he’s hesitant and second guessing himself. A couple times last game when his 1st read wasn’t there he just immediately put it in the dirt, not even a thought about trying to extend the play.

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score
Drew couldn’t do it alone then. Our D is giving up 30 points a game. No QB and overcome that. Brees is still a top 5 QB in the league and will only get better as the season goes
Top 5 is pushing it and I'm a huge Drew guy. He's arguably top 10 still, and some would argue he's in the 10-15 range. That's not a diss, the guy is 41 years old. Same with Brady. It's ok that other, younger, blossoming QBs are playing better than the old guys right now. It's not an indictment on Drew. His physical skills have diminished but his football IQ is only rivaled by Brady and Rodgers.

Edit: Before anyone asks me to name the 10 QBs this year better than Drew, I would say AS OF NOW (because I do have hope Drew can continue to ascend) that Rodgers, Wilson, Tannehill, Dak, Lamar, Mahomes, Allen, Goff, Carr, and maybe Brady (maybe) are having better seasons so far but it's only 5 weeks in and Drew has looked good the last three games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tom Brady now one touchdown pass behind Drew Brees’ career record Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Brees Air Stats Over 10 Yards Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 50
Dan in Lafayette Saints mainstays Brees, Jordan, Morstead climbing higher in team record books SR News Page Articles 0
Saints should start Jameis over Brees during an 'easy' 4-game stretch - Domonique Foxworth Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 115
Darren B Jeff Duncan book - Payton and Brees Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
Marty_Graw Brees purchases Condo on Canal St Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 74
Drew Brees buys luxury Canal Street condo, celebrity news site reports Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Brees gratified by Sanders' rising role in Saints offense SR News Page Articles 0
Krodwhodat Drew Brees and the Oline Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
BREENO Drew Brees has been throwing passes at receivers feet all year long. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
Drew Brees improves to 4-0 against the Chargers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees on Michael Thomas suspension: “We’re going to be all good” Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Brees’ Saints somehow get win over Herbert’s Chargers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees addresses Michael Thomas suspension: 'We're going to be all good' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Brees leads 17-point rally as Saints win 'wild one' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Drew Brees "feel crazy" after New Orleans Saints punish Los Angeles Chargers 30-27 Week 5 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints vs. Chargers score: Drew Brees rallies New Orleans to overtime win over Justin Herbert and Los Angeles SR News Page Articles 0
Saint Kamara Herbert should now have beaten Brees, Brady and Mahomes Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 33
What if Drew Brees has a change of heart and wants to return for 2021? Do we risk losing Jameis like we did with Teddy or do we honor Drew's wish Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 99
After facing Tom Brady, Chargers rookie Justin Herbert takes on Drew Brees, Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Walker: Drew Brees looks to stay perfect against Chargers team that drafted him in 2001 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Week 5 Bold Predictions - Drew Brees to have a big game? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Brees Color Rush jersey XL Trading Post 1
Week 4 Bold Predictions - Drew Brees to have a big game? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
No one can match Monday night milestones of Saints' Drew Brees Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Last two games..... Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 6
Saintsphere More details emerge about last week's Mike Thomas incident Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 208
HouseCall A few observations about last nights broadcast... Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 23
Penalty for C.J. Gardner-Johnson helmet toss wouldn’t have extended last night’s game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Super44 General player grades last night. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 18
Super44 Nominal amount of penalties last night. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 22
UFCSaint I wonder when the last time Brady was 5 games into a season without the division lead? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
DA [MOD EDIT] on the last drive in regulation... Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
jasonsw N/S Matt Ryan's stats last 3 games Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 35
Saints among NFL's worst at forcing turnovers through 5 games, but are trusting the process Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Kamara This season through 6 games has the least parity in NFL history Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Saints, New Orleans Mayor meet to discuss return of fans to Superdome for games Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Week 6 early games open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
The cost of no Saints fans at games for Louisiana? $15M in lost tax revenue, team officials say Saints RSS News Feeds 0
LifeForceDave 2 Monday night games Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 5
Games 6-11 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
Saints' Payton supports games at LSU, with fans Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Sean Payton says possibility of having Saints games at LSU 'would be exciting' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints explore moving home games to LSU's Tiger Stadium SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints extend October winning streak to 14 games dating to 2016 SR News Page Articles 0
Saints are exploring possibility of playing home games at LSU’s Tiger Stadium Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints explore playing home games at LSU’s Tiger Stadium Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints to meet with LSU on hosting home games Saints RSS News Feeds 0
BlackNGoldblood Saints discussing playing home games at Tiger Stadium Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 81
About as bad as they can play the 1st 5 games and guess what Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 10