Brees last 4 games (1 Viewer)

Saintcd

Rookie
Reaction score
And yet we keep putting up more then 30 a game. Yep, Drew’s offense sucks alright.
Yeah, honestly the offense does suck at this point. The offense hasn’t done crap the first 2 or 3 quarters and expects the defense to keep them in the game when they are gassed from all the offense’s 3 and outs or stalled drives.

Now, the defense doesn’t help either by getting burned on the long balls and horrible 3rd downs. I hear the COVID excuse, the no training camp excuse, the no preseason games excuse, but you don’t see the other top teams being affected by it. The past few years, the offense has started out slow to the point that you hoped we won the toss because you knew they would go 3 and out to start the game.

Trey W.

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Granted without the full offseason I kind of understand why the Offense started slowly, but I also don't. It's not like we have a lot of new guys, most everyone has been in the system MT, TQS, Cooks, AK, Murray, Taysom, & Josh Hill. The only new guys were Sanders, Fowler, Trautman, & Calloway. We only replaced one O-lineman (Warford) with Eason who's been here and Ruiz. So it's not like much has changed but things just aren't clicking like normal.

I don't know exactly what it is, but I just don't see the fire / killer instinct in Drew that he's had in years past. Even in a clean pocket he just looks panicked and indecisive. I hope it's something he can correct and soon. Hopefully getting MT back will open a lot more things up, and the Offense will flow like were used to seeing it.

cajundave

Veteran
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He has 3 INTs, not 2.

The picks in the Raiders and Chargers game were horrible. The Detroit pick was what we've had to live with for a decade+ now which is his size making him liable to get passes tipped and sometimes picked.

I hope he keeps the ugly INTs down to a minimum. I must say that even though he's taken a clear step back, that he's even able to perform at a good level is a testament to his overall greatness. But he can't do it alone like peak Drew. The defense will HAVE to step up. Can't stress this enough. If our defense doesn't get back to the way they were the last two seasons, even if we make the playoffs, it will be a quick out (again).
In the chargers game that interception looked like it could have been on the receiver. Looked like the receiver never saw the ball coming to him. Is that what y’all saw?

Reaction score
While I am loathe to discuss Tom Brady, this is the second time you've named dropped the man here. There's a bunch of reasons why the situations are different. Also there seems to be some mystical otherworldly force that compels the man to victory no matter the odds. Some call it clutch, call it what you will. Tom Brady and Bellicheck find ways to win in the playoffs, the Saints choke in the playoffs when the ball is in Drews hand.

Also in the AFC 13-3 guarantees you top seed any given year. 13-3 gets us squat. The strength of competition in our division and league are way higher than what Tom had to face.
The only choke by Brees I remember is 2019

Reaction score
Six straight playoff losses by one score. Each one of them, Drew Brees had a chance to put the game away and blew it. Costly interceptions, holding the ball too long, soul crushing fumbles, poor accuracy. He just cannot get it together in the playoffs.

You're really counting 2011 as his fault? Really? A year when okay, he threw a bunch of picks but still brought us back into it with like less than a minute for the D to totally dook the bed. And then 2017, when he did the same thing, and Marcus Williams botched a tackle so badly that it went down as one of the biggest blunders in NFL history. But then he played well enough to win in 2018 but the refs literally allowed the Rams to throw our receivers to the ground, yet that whole game is his fault for throwing a pick in OT.

Some of y'all deserve to be infinitely tied to Aaron Brooks / Jim Everett level QB play. This fan base is about to have a reality check next year.

SaintJ

hard, pipe-hittin'
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Six straight playoff losses by one score. Each one of them, Drew Brees had a chance to put the game away and blew it. Costly interceptions, holding the ball too long, soul crushing fumbles, poor accuracy. He just cannot get it together in the playoffs.
Yeah, it was particularly painful when he missed that tackle in Minnesota, and lost track of Vernon Davis against the 49ers, when we blew leads in the last 10 seconds of the game.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score
In the chargers game that interception looked like it could have been on the receiver. Looked like the receiver never saw the ball coming to him. Is that what y’all saw?
Can never truly tell but it looks like the ball sailed way further than Drew wanted it to.

Loco Hornet Fan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score

You're really counting 2011 as his fault? Really? A year when okay, he threw a bunch of picks but still brought us back into it with like less than a minute for the D to totally dook the bed. And then 2017, when he did the same thing, and Marcus Williams botched a tackle so badly that it went down as one of the biggest blunders in NFL history. But then he played well enough to win in 2018 but the refs literally allowed the Rams to throw our receivers to the ground, yet that whole game is his fault for throwing a pick in OT.

Some of y'all deserve to be infinitely tied to Aaron Brooks / Jim Everett level QB play. This fan base is about to have a reality check next year.
Yep.

There are a lot of Saints fans who have no idea what they are in for when we have to (hopefully briefly) fall back to an 18-28-ish ranked QB (or worse).

Last edited:

los226

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
The problem with dink and dunking is a need for a defense that doesn’t give up a ton of explosive plays. You need a defense that makes stops consistently.

ilvdsnts

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Top 5 is pushing it and I'm a huge Drew guy. He's arguably top 10 still, and some would argue he's in the 10-15 range. That's not a diss, the guy is 41 years old. Same with Brady. It's ok that other, younger, blossoming QBs are playing better than the old guys right now. It's not an indictment on Drew. His physical skills have diminished but his football IQ is only rivaled by Brady and Rodgers.

Edit: Before anyone asks me to name the 10 QBs this year better than Drew, I would say AS OF NOW (because I do have hope Drew can continue to ascend) that Rodgers, Wilson, Tannehill, Dak, Lamar, Mahomes, Allen, Goff, Carr, and maybe Brady (maybe) are having better seasons so far but it's only 5 weeks in and Drew has looked good the last three games.
Based on his passer rating he is exactly 10th of all the QBs that have enough attempts to qualify.

Reaction score
He did put the game away in all 3 of those losses. Put the Saints ahead with less then 2 mins to play. Defense allowed the opposing offenses to drive down the field and score.

nolaswede

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Considering how we've played those stats are pretty good. Our offense is nowhere near where it could be. Also, we're averaging 30 points a game and offense hasn't even looked good for the most part. Something to look forward to.

For the people that want Winston out there have to realize there was no preseason, he probably doesn't even know the whole offense still. Nothing against him but he's had no game reps of any with anybody. He would not look good or play well at all.

True, and that’s 30 points without our D creating turnovers and giving us a short field. In 2009, it feels like the D helped us create so many turnovers, now we often have to start at the 25 yard line!

NewOrleansBoy

Clemson Football Walk-On
Reaction score
Give me another stat...The amount of times Brees was able to throw a guy open by dropping it into a dime this season for 30+ yards on one play.

I love Drew, but he is not the same as we all knew

Key words: throw a guy open, not when they are already wide open. Because I know he still has the arm strength...It’s the accuracy on the deep balls when a defender Is draped all over the receiver is where he has declined

And don’t say the Kamara play...That was all Kamara, that ball was not accurate at all. Easily could’ve been intercepted

Last edited:

MV2

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
He's always had tons of short to intermediate completions. Kamara had one insane game with 139 yards receiving and hasn't reached that total with the last 2 games combined. Yet somehow Brees keeps managing to lead us to still remaining a top 5 scoring offense. It's also as if he's been doing this for 20 years. Almost as if he's used to relying heavily on one target and when defenses try to take that weapon away, he finds a new target.

Sanders has 18 catches for 215 yards in the last 2 games. I feel like the addition of Michael Thomas back in the lineup will make our offensive even more potent. I feel like the absence of Thomas did help because Brees has gotten more time with Sanders so when MT comes back teams will have to pick their poison. Doesn't matter if they run deep or not there's a lot of room within 20 yards of the line of scrimmage, you can't cover three good weapons easily

I don't understand the hate on the dink and dunking. Patriots won tons of Superbowls like that. Not to mention the people criticizing Brees for the defense, saying they're on the field too much, why would we want short quick scoring drives? Too put our mediocre defense on the field more? Or do they live in this fantasy land and think we should score 40+ each game? Something tells me even if we did score 40 it would still be a nail biter. I can just picture it being 40 to 39 with 2 mins left one of our dbs falls down
The Patriots never had to play in a solid division. The Patriots always had home field advantage in the playoffs. The Patriots have Goddell in their back pocket. We don't have any of those things consistently. Not to mention Brady usually had a top 15 defense.

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
He has 3 INTs, not 2.

The picks in the Raiders and Chargers game were horrible. The Detroit pick was what we've had to live with for a decade+ now which is his size making him liable to get passes tipped and sometimes picked.

I hope he keeps the ugly INTs down to a minimum. I must say that even though he's taken a clear step back, that he's even able to perform at a good level is a testament to his overall greatness. But he can't do it alone like peak Drew. The defense will HAVE to step up. Can't stress this enough. If our defense doesn't get back to the way they were the last two seasons, even if we make the playoffs, it will be a quick out (again).
He's had his passes tipped at the LOS at a lower percentage rate than most of the QBs during the past 15 years since he's been a Saint.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tom Brady now one touchdown pass behind Drew Brees’ career record Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Brees Air Stats Over 10 Yards Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 50
Dan in Lafayette Saints mainstays Brees, Jordan, Morstead climbing higher in team record books SR News Page Articles 0
Saints should start Jameis over Brees during an 'easy' 4-game stretch - Domonique Foxworth Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 115
Darren B Jeff Duncan book - Payton and Brees Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
Marty_Graw Brees purchases Condo on Canal St Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 74
Drew Brees buys luxury Canal Street condo, celebrity news site reports Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Brees gratified by Sanders' rising role in Saints offense SR News Page Articles 0
Krodwhodat Drew Brees and the Oline Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
BREENO Drew Brees has been throwing passes at receivers feet all year long. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
Drew Brees improves to 4-0 against the Chargers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees on Michael Thomas suspension: “We’re going to be all good” Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Brees’ Saints somehow get win over Herbert’s Chargers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees addresses Michael Thomas suspension: 'We're going to be all good' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Brees leads 17-point rally as Saints win 'wild one' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Drew Brees "feel crazy" after New Orleans Saints punish Los Angeles Chargers 30-27 Week 5 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints vs. Chargers score: Drew Brees rallies New Orleans to overtime win over Justin Herbert and Los Angeles SR News Page Articles 0
Saint Kamara Herbert should now have beaten Brees, Brady and Mahomes Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 33
What if Drew Brees has a change of heart and wants to return for 2021? Do we risk losing Jameis like we did with Teddy or do we honor Drew's wish Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 99
After facing Tom Brady, Chargers rookie Justin Herbert takes on Drew Brees, Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Walker: Drew Brees looks to stay perfect against Chargers team that drafted him in 2001 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Week 5 Bold Predictions - Drew Brees to have a big game? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Brees Color Rush jersey XL Trading Post 1
Week 4 Bold Predictions - Drew Brees to have a big game? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
No one can match Monday night milestones of Saints' Drew Brees Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Last two games..... Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 6
Saintsphere More details emerge about last week's Mike Thomas incident Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 208
HouseCall A few observations about last nights broadcast... Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 23
Penalty for C.J. Gardner-Johnson helmet toss wouldn’t have extended last night’s game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Super44 General player grades last night. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 18
Super44 Nominal amount of penalties last night. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 22
UFCSaint I wonder when the last time Brady was 5 games into a season without the division lead? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
DA [MOD EDIT] on the last drive in regulation... Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
jasonsw N/S Matt Ryan's stats last 3 games Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 35
Saints among NFL's worst at forcing turnovers through 5 games, but are trusting the process Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Kamara This season through 6 games has the least parity in NFL history Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Saints, New Orleans Mayor meet to discuss return of fans to Superdome for games Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Week 6 early games open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
The cost of no Saints fans at games for Louisiana? $15M in lost tax revenue, team officials say Saints RSS News Feeds 0
LifeForceDave 2 Monday night games Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 5
Games 6-11 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
Saints' Payton supports games at LSU, with fans Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Sean Payton says possibility of having Saints games at LSU 'would be exciting' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints explore moving home games to LSU's Tiger Stadium SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints extend October winning streak to 14 games dating to 2016 SR News Page Articles 0
Saints are exploring possibility of playing home games at LSU’s Tiger Stadium Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints explore playing home games at LSU’s Tiger Stadium Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints to meet with LSU on hosting home games Saints RSS News Feeds 0
BlackNGoldblood Saints discussing playing home games at Tiger Stadium Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 81
About as bad as they can play the 1st 5 games and guess what Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 10