Brees last 4 games (1 Viewer)

dwid

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Give me another stat...The amount of times Brees was able to throw a guy open by dropping it into a dime this season for 30+ yards on one play.

I love Drew, but he is not the same as we all knew

Key words: throw a guy open, not when they are already wide open. Because I know he still has the arm strength...It’s the accuracy on the deep balls when a defender Is draped all over the receiver is where he has declined

And don’t say the Kamara play...That was all Kamara, that ball was not accurate at all. Easily could’ve been intercepted
Screenshot_20201015-005803.pngScreenshot_20201015-011902.pngScreenshot_20201015-012000.pngWhile he may not be in his prime he still has something left.
The Cook pass was thrown before he was wide open. A matchup against a linebacker, saw the guy slightly turn to look back and released it. What he lacks in elite arm strength he makes up with other skills.

I thought this one was good as wellScreenshot_20201015-004507.png

Attachments

dwid

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Screenshot_20201015-005055.pngScreenshot_20201015-005115.pngScreenshot_20201015-005533.pngScreenshot_20201015-005647.png
Why are these guys caught off guard headed up field expecting a deeper pass? don't these defenders realize Brees can't throw that deep?

Saintcd

Rookie
Reaction score
Yep.

There are a lot of Saints fans who have no idea what they are in for when we have to (hopefully briefly) fall back to an 18-28-ish ranked QB (or worse).
Look forward to it and I’ve been watching since the early 80’s. We have the saints version of Kenny stabler. At some point you gotta cut bait and move on to the future. This rerun of the same old stale, slow offense that has 5 passing plays and 3 are check downs is just insanity. Sorry, but we need some youth at QB, not someone trying to hold on to records.

NativeFan

Reaction score
Look forward to it and I’ve been watching since the early 80’s. We have the saints version of Kenny stabler. At some point you gotta cut bait and move on to the future. This rerun of the same old stale, slow offense that has 5 passing plays and 3 are check downs is just insanity. Sorry, but we need some youth at QB, not someone trying to hold on to records.
We have a 30 touchdown 5,000 yard thrower on the bench, and a Taysom Hill which the coaching staff feels is going to be huge in this league. Yeah, I'm not too worried about our future at QB.

Are we forgetting that we plugged a Teddy Bridgewater into this offense, who hadn't played a game in years, and we went undefeated?

Reaction score
Because new suck is better than old gold.

Reaction score
We have a 30 touchdown 5,000 yard thrower on the bench, and a Taysom Hill which the coaching staff feels is going to be huge in this league. Yeah, I'm not too worried about our future at QB.

Are we forgetting that we plugged a Teddy Bridgewater into this offense, who hadn't played a game in years, and we went undefeated?
That 30 TDs ad 5,000 yards comes with 30 INTs.

When we plugged Teddy in, scoring went down. But I remember those 2 bombs he threw in like 6 games. Super flashy.

You're insane if you think Taysom is a Drew Brees (today) level QB.

NativeFan

Reaction score
That 30 TDs ad 5,000 yards comes with 30 INTs.

When we plugged Teddy in, scoring went down. But I remember those 2 bombs he threw in like 6 games. Super flashy.

You're insane if you think Taysom is a Drew Brees (today) level QB.
Fun fact: Every QB that's ever played under the Bruce Arians offense had their career-high interceptions in their first year under Bruce Arians. Every-single-one.

Winston would not have 30 int's in New Orleans. Not even close.

Alaina you don't get it, I like you but you don't get it. It's not "bombs" that we're criticizing Drew Brees about. Arm strength is more than about "bombs". Drew Brees can no longer make the tight window passes where he anticipates where the reciever will be and throws him open. That is alarming no matter what your rose colored glasses are seeing. It's not just me saying that either.

NativeFan

Reaction score
Because new suck is better than old gold.
I don't get you at all right now. Do you not believe that men reach a point where they get old and can't do it anymore? If playing quarterback was nothing more than standing in the pocket and throwing a ball, we would have guys doing it well into their 50's. This is a game of inches, which means it's also a game of milliseconds. Milliseconds make the difference between completions and interceptions/incompletions EVERY weekend in the NFL. Drew's fastball is gone so please do the math.

We love Drew! But don't you get it? He just doesn't have it anymore. The arm is shot. Why can't you make yourself see it?

Last edited:

Que Que 6

Rookie
Reaction score
Drew couldn’t do it alone then. Our D is giving up 30 points a game. No QB and overcome that. Brees is still a top 5 QB in the league and will only get better as the season goes
Remember the days when it seemed as if our O was on the field 80% of the time? Now flip that around. Take your 40 hour work week and stack 20 on top of it. And see how cheery you are when people start to point out your warts and all.

BelowZero

Professional Troll
Reaction score
Fun fact: Every QB that's ever played under the Bruce Arians offense had their career-high interceptions in their first year under Bruce Arians. Every-single-one.

Alaina you don't get it, I like you but you don't get it. It's not "bombs" that we're criticizing Drew Brees about. Arm strength is more than about "bombs". Drew Brees can no longer make the tight window passes where he anticipates where the reciever will be and throws him open. That is alarming no matter what your rose colored glasses are seeing. It's not just me saying that either.
This. Even Brady is tossing more bad balls that he's ever been known to do, and it clearly isn't age or arm strength. Winston, with what the Saints have at WR/RB right now, doesn't toss more than 10 INTs, and the ones he does throw are more likely shot plays 50 yards downfield. The WRs on the Saints roster are receivers that excelled deep in college. TQS and Callaway caught legit bombs at Tenn and UCF, and I've lost count of how many times we've seen Sanders and Harris wide open downfield only to see Brees double-clutch the chance away or force it into a safety's arms. This is the same predictable offense that got us knocked out of the playoffs the last two seasons, and now it's worse. Teams just aren't scared of Drew or any sort of long ball. Even worse, there hasn't been any heat on his throws all season long. There's just no feeling of being threatening when Drew's in the pocket anymore.

The only reason this team is scoring 30ppg right now is because every defense in the NFL decided to turn into the 2012 Saints this season.

Reaction score

So... how many threw 30?

I don't get it? Brees is still looking better than half the starters in the league, easily. He's not as accurate as he used to be, but he used to be the most accurate QB in the history of the game. Relatively speaking, I'm not seeing his accuracy drop off as a problem. He threw some really fine passes this week, actually.

I don't get you at all right now. Do you not believe that men reach a point where they get old and can't do it anymore? If playing quarterback was nothing more than standing in the pocket and throwing a ball, we would have guys doing it well into their 50's. This is a game of inches, which means it's also a game of milliseconds. Milliseconds make the difference between completions and interceptions/incompletions EVERY weekend in the NFL. Drew's fastball is gone so please do the math.

We love Drew! But don't you get it? He just doesn't have it anymore. The arm is shot. Why can't you make yourself see it?
Yes, people get old. That's no secret. However it's not like everyone ages at the same rate.

I get it, people like new toys. But right now we only have cheapo toys to replace a machine that's certainly getting the job done.

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Six straight playoff losses by one score. Each one of them, Drew Brees had a chance to put the game away and blew it. Costly interceptions, holding the ball too long, soul crushing fumbles, poor accuracy. He just cannot get it together in the playoffs.
the statement above is utter lunacy, I’m sure GW, DA and all the defenders that gave up those last second scores would appreciate your opinion but I really don’t think many others would....

Yeah, it was particularly painful when he missed that tackle in Minnesota, and lost track of Vernon Davis against the 49ers, when we blew leads in the last 10 seconds of the game.

Thanks for clearing that up.
Exactly.....

You are conveniently forgetting about the 30 INT’s Winston threw. It seems to me you really don’t consider TD-INT ratio to be an important stat. When, in fact, more often than not the teams that have QB’s that have the better ratios are the better teams in the NFL.

If you think Winston or Hill are the better option right now, well, glad you aren’t making those decisions for the Saints.

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
This. Even Brady is tossing more bad balls that he's ever been known to do, and it clearly isn't age or arm strength. Winston, with what the Saints have at WR/RB right now, doesn't toss more than 10 INTs, and the ones he does throw are more likely shot plays 50 yards downfield. The WRs on the Saints roster are receivers that excelled deep in college. TQS and Callaway caught legit bombs at Tenn and UCF, and I've lost count of how many times we've seen Sanders and Harris wide open downfield only to see Brees double-clutch the chance away or force it into a safety's arms. This is the same predictable offense that got us knocked out of the playoffs the last two seasons, and now it's worse. Teams just aren't scared of Drew or any sort of long ball. Even worse, there hasn't been any heat on his throws all season long. There's just no feeling of being threatening when Drew's in the pocket anymore.

The only reason this team is scoring 30ppg right now is because every defense in the NFL decided to turn into the 2012 Saints this season.
Right, except that there are 27 other teams that are scoring less than the Saints, and only 4 teams scoring more....I think you are exaggerating things a bit here....

Saintcd

Rookie
Reaction score

Agree 100%, but the Brees homers will never see it anyway but that he walks on water. That’s why I had to compare him to when Kenny stable came here oh so long ago at the end of his career. He could hardly get it back to the line of scrimmage. I get it, people don’t want an era to end, but why have the rest of the team suffer just to appease one player. He’s not the team, and he’s hurting the team at this point.

NativeFan

Reaction score
the statement above is utter lunacy, I’m sure GW, DA and all the defenders that gave up those last second scores would appreciate your opinion but I really don’t think many others would....
Right so your idea to win in the playoffs is to suddenly start scoring way less points than average, commit turnovers, and let teams hang around so they have the ball last and expecting the defense to ALWAYS be able to come up with a stop. That's your recipe for success?

Love how people bring up "complimentary football" until it stops being complimentary, then we scapegoat the defense. Why DO so many teams end up with the ball last and a chance to win the game??? Why are we going into overtime all the time in the playoffs, even in the Dome?

I could show you how in every single one of our recent playoff losses, the offense didn't get it done and left points on the field. Points that would have put the game away, but what's the point?

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Right so your idea to win in the playoffs is to suddenly start scoring way less points than average, commit turnovers, and let teams hang around so they have the ball last and expecting the defense to ALWAYS be able to come up with a stop. That's your recipe for success?

Love how people bring up "complimentary football" until it stops being complimentary, then we scapegoat the defense. Why DO so many teams end up with the ball last and a chance to win the game??? Why are we going into overtime all the time in the playoffs, even in the Dome?

I could show you how in every single one of our recent playoff losses, the offense didn't get it done and left points on the field. Points that would have put the game away, but what's the point?
ALWAYS? Once would have been nice....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tom Brady now one touchdown pass behind Drew Brees’ career record Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Brees Air Stats Over 10 Yards Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 50
Dan in Lafayette Saints mainstays Brees, Jordan, Morstead climbing higher in team record books SR News Page Articles 0
Saints should start Jameis over Brees during an 'easy' 4-game stretch - Domonique Foxworth Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 115
Darren B Jeff Duncan book - Payton and Brees Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
Marty_Graw Brees purchases Condo on Canal St Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 74
Drew Brees buys luxury Canal Street condo, celebrity news site reports Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Brees gratified by Sanders' rising role in Saints offense SR News Page Articles 0
Krodwhodat Drew Brees and the Oline Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
BREENO Drew Brees has been throwing passes at receivers feet all year long. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
Drew Brees improves to 4-0 against the Chargers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees on Michael Thomas suspension: “We’re going to be all good” Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Brees’ Saints somehow get win over Herbert’s Chargers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees addresses Michael Thomas suspension: 'We're going to be all good' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Brees leads 17-point rally as Saints win 'wild one' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Drew Brees "feel crazy" after New Orleans Saints punish Los Angeles Chargers 30-27 Week 5 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints vs. Chargers score: Drew Brees rallies New Orleans to overtime win over Justin Herbert and Los Angeles SR News Page Articles 0
Saint Kamara Herbert should now have beaten Brees, Brady and Mahomes Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 33
What if Drew Brees has a change of heart and wants to return for 2021? Do we risk losing Jameis like we did with Teddy or do we honor Drew's wish Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 99
After facing Tom Brady, Chargers rookie Justin Herbert takes on Drew Brees, Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Walker: Drew Brees looks to stay perfect against Chargers team that drafted him in 2001 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Week 5 Bold Predictions - Drew Brees to have a big game? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Brees Color Rush jersey XL Trading Post 1
Week 4 Bold Predictions - Drew Brees to have a big game? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
No one can match Monday night milestones of Saints' Drew Brees Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Last two games..... Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 6
Saintsphere More details emerge about last week's Mike Thomas incident Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 208
HouseCall A few observations about last nights broadcast... Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 23
Penalty for C.J. Gardner-Johnson helmet toss wouldn’t have extended last night’s game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Super44 General player grades last night. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 18
Super44 Nominal amount of penalties last night. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 22
UFCSaint I wonder when the last time Brady was 5 games into a season without the division lead? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
DA [MOD EDIT] on the last drive in regulation... Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
jasonsw N/S Matt Ryan's stats last 3 games Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 35
Saints among NFL's worst at forcing turnovers through 5 games, but are trusting the process Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Kamara This season through 6 games has the least parity in NFL history Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Saints, New Orleans Mayor meet to discuss return of fans to Superdome for games Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Week 6 early games open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
The cost of no Saints fans at games for Louisiana? $15M in lost tax revenue, team officials say Saints RSS News Feeds 0
LifeForceDave 2 Monday night games Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 5
Games 6-11 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
Saints' Payton supports games at LSU, with fans Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Sean Payton says possibility of having Saints games at LSU 'would be exciting' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints explore moving home games to LSU's Tiger Stadium SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints extend October winning streak to 14 games dating to 2016 SR News Page Articles 0
Saints are exploring possibility of playing home games at LSU’s Tiger Stadium Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints explore playing home games at LSU’s Tiger Stadium Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints to meet with LSU on hosting home games Saints RSS News Feeds 0
BlackNGoldblood Saints discussing playing home games at Tiger Stadium Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 81
About as bad as they can play the 1st 5 games and guess what Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 10