Brees last 4 games (1 Viewer)

107/145 on Completions for 73.7 % 1170 Yards passing. 7 Td 2 INT. Not bad a 41 year old QB. I think Drew is still just warming up. All of this without M.T the ultimate catch machine
This is solid evidence supporting the idea that the offense started slow due to the loss of preseason games.

Well I am a Brees fan but we all know there something isn't right with the offense as a whole. Despite the decent stats, he and the rest of that offense need to play better going forward. I will say having Sanders getting more comfortable with Brees is a big plus. Sanders is becoming what the team has been missing for the longest.....A Lance Moore type of receiver who can find ways to get open somehow and be that security blanket for Brees. And I am liking Callaway progress.

Those yardage stats are misleading. Kamara has had some great YAC plays and his passes have been so short that a high completion % should be expected. Drew has not played to his usual standards.

He has 3 INTs, not 2.

The picks in the Raiders and Chargers game were horrible. The Detroit pick was what we've had to live with for a decade+ now which is his size making him liable to get passes tipped and sometimes picked.

I hope he keeps the ugly INTs down to a minimum. I must say that even though he's taken a clear step back, that he's even able to perform at a good level is a testament to his overall greatness. But he can't do it alone like peak Drew. The defense will HAVE to step up. Can't stress this enough. If our defense doesn't get back to the way they were the last two seasons, even if we make the playoffs, it will be a quick out (again).

Last edited:
He has 3 INTs, not 2.

The picks in the Raiders and Chargers game were horrible. The Detroit pick was what we've had to live with for a decade+ now which is his size making him liable to get passes tipped and sometimes picked.

I hope he keeps the ugly INTs down to a minimum. I must say that even though he's taken a clear step back, that he's even able to perform at a good level is a testament to his overall greatness. But he can't do it alone like peak Drew, the defense will HAVE to step up. Can't stress this enough. If our defense doesn't get back to the way they were the last two seasons, even if we make the playoffs, it will be a quick out (again).
Drew couldn’t do it alone then. Our D is giving up 30 points a game. No QB and overcome that. Brees is still a top 5 QB in the league and will only get better as the season goes

That's the good thing about numbers you can use them any kinda way you want to prove a point or make an argument. Drew hasn't played great at all so you can keep posting numbers all year long. My numbers will be 0-1 in the playoffs this year if him and the rest of the Saints continue to play like 💩

He has 3 INTs, not 2.

I hope he keeps the ugly INTs down to a minimum. I must say that even though he's taken a clear step back, that he's even able to perform at a good level is a testament to his overall greatness. But he can't do it alone like peak Drew, the defense will HAVE to step up. Can't stress this enough. If our defense doesn't get back to the way they were the last two seasons, even if we make the playoffs, it will be a quick out (again).

Yeah, I think he’s been playing pretty well recently (needs to get over the slow starts though), but I don’t think he’s the “carry the 30-32nd ranked defense to respectability” guy anymore.

MT returning will help, but we are still going to need the running game (which I think will be there if we let Murray and AK run) and defense to help carry the load. The defense has been a real let-down.

Nobody here is a Brees "hater". But I am a Saints fan and I want the team to succeed. We already know this dink and dunk offense doesn't get it done in the playoffs. It's just not sustainable to require 10-12 plays executed at high precision for every single scoring drive. Yes Drew Brees will very likely have another statistically accomplished regular season and add to some records. But...so what? Where does that get us again?

Youtube actually has the Saints Super Bowl that you can go watch for free and I fired it up a few weeks ago for nostalgia sake. Drew has never had the cannon arm, but I was shocked at how much zip he could put on the ball then compared to now. I had completely forgotten what that Drew Brees looked like I guess. It's just a startling comparison.

Nobody here is a Brees "hater". But I am a Saints fan and I want the team to succeed. We already know this dink and dunk offense doesn't get it done in the playoffs. It's just not sustainable to require 10-12 plays executed at high precision for every single scoring drive. Yes Drew Brees will very likely have another statistically accomplished regular season and add to some records. But...so what? Where does that get us again?

Youtube actually has the Saints Super Bowl that you can go watch for free and I fired it up a few weeks ago for nostalgia sake. Drew has never had the cannon arm, but I was shocked at how much zip he could put on the ball then compared to now. I had completely forgotten what that Drew Brees looked like I guess. It's just a startling comparison.
Thanks for posting. Having to drive 10-12 plays for every score is just not sustainable long term. One 2 yard behind the line of scrimmage throw and it’s 3rd unattainable yards. What is more concerning than any distance the ball goes is that he’s hesitant and second guessing himself. A couple times last game when his 1st read wasn’t there he just immediately put it in the dirt, not even a thought about trying to extend the play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom