Brees last 4 games (1 Viewer)

Drew couldn’t do it alone then. Our D is giving up 30 points a game. No QB and overcome that. Brees is still a top 5 QB in the league and will only get better as the season goes
Top 5 is pushing it and I'm a huge Drew guy. He's arguably top 10 still, and some would argue he's in the 10-15 range. That's not a diss, the guy is 41 years old. Same with Brady. It's ok that other, younger, blossoming QBs are playing better than the old guys right now. It's not an indictment on Drew. His physical skills have diminished but his football IQ is only rivaled by Brady and Rodgers.

Edit: Before anyone asks me to name the 10 QBs this year better than Drew, I would say AS OF NOW (because I do have hope Drew can continue to ascend) that Rodgers, Wilson, Tannehill, Dak, Lamar, Mahomes, Allen, Goff, Carr, and maybe Brady (maybe) are having better seasons so far but it's only 5 weeks in and Drew has looked good the last three games.

That's the good thing about numbers you can use them any kinda way you want to prove a point or make an argument. Drew hasn't played great at all so you can keep posting numbers all year long. My numbers will be 0-1 in the playoffs this year if him and the rest of the Saints continue to play like 💩

really? it’s that easy? Then please use the numbers above to prove that Brees cannot still get it done.

Considering how we've played those stats are pretty good. Our offense is nowhere near where it could be. Also, we're averaging 30 points a game and offense hasn't even looked good for the most part. Something to look forward to.

For the people that want Winston out there have to realize there was no preseason, he probably doesn't even know the whole offense still. Nothing against him but he's had no game reps of any with anybody. He would not look good or play well at all.

Top 5 is pushing it and I'm a huge Drew guy. He's arguably top 10 still, and some would argue he's in the 10-15 range. That's not a diss, the guy is 41 years old. Same with Brady. It's ok that other, younger, blossoming QBs are playing better than the old guys right now. It's not an indictment on Drew. His physical skills have diminished but his football IQ is only rivaled by Brady and Rodgers.

Edit: Before anyone asks me to name the 10 QBs this year better than Drew, I would say AS OF NOW (because I do have hope Drew can continue to ascend) that Rodgers, Wilson, Tannehill, Dak, Lamar, Mahomes, Allen, Goff, Carr, and maybe Brady (maybe) are having better seasons so far but it's only 5 weeks in and Drew has looked good the last three games.

Yeah, I think 10-ish (give or take a few either way) sounds about right early on.

Assuming that can hold up for an entire season (not a certainty at his age), that should be good enough if our running game gets unleashed and our defense plays to the level where we (or at least I) expected them to be.

While Lutz and the return game have been nice, special teams in general (our punts and penalties) has also been worse than I thought.

Drew couldn’t do it alone then. Our D is giving up 30 points a game. No QB and overcome that. Brees is still a top 5 QB in the league and will only get better as the season goes

30 a game is terrible and I can't even get a tryout with the SP for a DE or LB position. There's something wrong with that lol. And I can sprint to the Daquiri store across the street anytime SP wants a drink.

Those yardage stats are misleading. Kamara has had some great YAC plays and his passes have been so short that a high completion % should be expected. Drew has not played to his usual standards.
He's always had tons of short to intermediate completions. Kamara had one insane game with 139 yards receiving and hasn't reached that total with the last 2 games combined. Yet somehow Brees keeps managing to lead us to still remaining a top 5 scoring offense. It's also as if he's been doing this for 20 years. Almost as if he's used to relying heavily on one target and when defenses try to take that weapon away, he finds a new target.

Sanders has 18 catches for 215 yards in the last 2 games. I feel like the addition of Michael Thomas back in the lineup will make our offensive even more potent. I feel like the absence of Thomas did help because Brees has gotten more time with Sanders so when MT comes back teams will have to pick their poison. Doesn't matter if they run deep or not there's a lot of room within 20 yards of the line of scrimmage, you can't cover three good weapons easily

I don't understand the hate on the dink and dunking. Patriots won tons of Superbowls like that. Not to mention the people criticizing Brees for the defense, saying they're on the field too much, why would we want short quick scoring drives? Too put our mediocre defense on the field more? Or do they live in this fantasy land and think we should score 40+ each game? Something tells me even if we did score 40 it would still be a nail biter. I can just picture it being 40 to 39 with 2 mins left one of our dbs falls down

Last edited:
I want to see Thomas in this Offense with the way Sanders and Kamara are playing. That should be very interesting to watch. Drew doesn't have to throw it 20 yards down the field, one of those guys will be open for 10 yards on every play.

really? it’s that easy? Then please use the numbers above to prove that Brees cannot still get it done.

No one said he couldn't get it done don't twist my words i said he hasn't played great and if you've been watching the games this seasons its not up for debate. He's struggling and in decline. Sp play calling hasn't help but its part of the reason as well. Now if you choose to be a blind fan or homer that's on you more power to you. Keep lying to yourself defense cant fear or respect him throwing it pass the sticks.

Hopefully he can play better down the stretch but right now its not looking good for him or the team even at 3-2 currently a very weak NFC team right now.

Nobody here is a Brees "hater". But I am a Saints fan and I want the team to succeed. We already know this dink and dunk offense doesn't get it done in the playoffs. It's just not sustainable to require 10-12 plays executed at high precision for every single scoring drive. Yes Drew Brees will very likely have another statistically accomplished regular season and add to some records. But...so what? Where does that get us again?

Youtube actually has the Saints Super Bowl that you can go watch for free and I fired it up a few weeks ago for nostalgia sake. Drew has never had the cannon arm, but I was shocked at how much zip he could put on the ball then compared to now. I had completely forgotten what that Drew Brees looked like I guess. It's just a startling comparison.
Brady dinked and dunked to multiple Superbowls and post season wins. His main targets during this time span were slot receivers, tight ends and backs. Amendola, Welker, Edelman, Hogan, Gronkowski, James White, Burkhead, Blount. None of these guys are known for stretching defenses. The one time he had a potent offense stretching the field (Moss) they lost. The Patriots have statistically had a better defense during many of these years though.

There's more than one way to get it done but all scenarios require all units to do their part (offense, defense, st) I think the offense has less kinks to workout than the defense at this point. But isn't it better to work them out now rather than roll over opponents and get surprised in the postseason? No matter what you think we're rolling with Brees and there's no logical way for one of our backups to come in and take us all the way this year

Last edited:
Thanks for posting. Having to drive 10-12 plays for every score is just not sustainable long term. One 2 yard behind the line of scrimmage throw and it’s 3rd unattainable yards. What is more concerning than any distance the ball goes is that he’s hesitant and second guessing himself. A couple times last game when his 1st read wasn’t there he just immediately put it in the dirt, not even a thought about trying to extend the play.

The only throws I saw him "put in the dirt" were busted screen plays where a defender is sniffing out the play and playing the rb. There are no second options on those plays. The screen is your only option and everyone else is blocking downfield.

Brady dinked and dunked to multiple Superbowls and post season wins. His main targets during this time span were slot receivers, tight ends and backs. Amendola, Welker, Edelman, Hogan, Gronkowski, James White, Burkhead, Blount. None of these guys are known for stretching defenses. The one time he had a potent offense stretching the field (Moss) they lost. The Patriots have statistically had a better defense during many of these years though.

While I am loathe to discuss Tom Brady, this is the second time you've named dropped the man here. There's a bunch of reasons why the situations are different. Also there seems to be some mystical otherworldly force that compels the man to victory no matter the odds. Some call it clutch, call it what you will. Tom Brady and Bellicheck find ways to win in the playoffs, the Saints choke in the playoffs when the ball is in Drews hand.

Also in the AFC 13-3 guarantees you top seed any given year. 13-3 gets us squat. The strength of competition in our division and league are way higher than what Tom had to face.

Thanks for posting. Having to drive 10-12 plays for every score is just not sustainable long term. One 2 yard behind the line of scrimmage throw and it’s 3rd unattainable yards. What is more concerning than any distance the ball goes is that he’s hesitant and second guessing himself. A couple times last game when his 1st read wasn’t there he just immediately put it in the dirt, not even a thought about trying to extend the play.

No problem man, good post yourself. Yeah the hesitation this year is real, good point. Maybe he and we have a different idea of what "I"m gonna turn it loose" looks like, but this isn't what I pictured when he said it.

30 a game is terrible and I can't even get a tryout with the SP for a DE or LB position. There's something wrong with that lol. And I can sprint to the Daquiri store across the street anytime SP wants a drink.
And yet we keep putting up more then 30 a game. Yep, Drew’s offense sucks alright.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom