Brees last 4 games (1 Viewer)

Those yardage stats are misleading. Kamara has had some great YAC plays and his passes have been so short that a high completion % should be expected. Drew has not played to his usual standards.

395 receiving yards through five games (of an overall total of 1170), almost all of which have come from passes to Kamara at or within three to five yards of the LOS.

• 1Like
Reactions: MV2
Well I am a Brees fan but we all know there something isn't right with the offense as a whole. Despite the decent stats, he and the rest of that offense need to play better going forward.

Yeah, those darn stats.

Fourth in the league in PPG, despite only one TD by the defense and only five takeaways in four games.

NInth in first downs.

Seventh in points per drive.

Only four giveaways in five games.

All without the offensive MVP, and an admittedly talented but injury-shuffling OL.

JFCIAGCB.

Everybody is so conditioned to relying on the best offense in the league, year in and year out for almost 15 years, to bail this team out.

FOCUS ON THE ISSUE: This defense is terrible, and Sean Payton's eternal search for a quality DC needs to continue, NOW.

And yet we keep putting up more then 30 a game. Yep, Drew’s offense sucks alright.
Yeah, honestly the offense does suck at this point. The offense hasn’t done crap the first 2 or 3 quarters and expects the defense to keep them in the game when they are gassed from all the offense’s 3 and outs or stalled drives.

Now, the defense doesn’t help either by getting burned on the long balls and horrible 3rd downs. I hear the COVID excuse, the no training camp excuse, the no preseason games excuse, but you don’t see the other top teams being affected by it. The past few years, the offense has started out slow to the point that you hoped we won the toss because you knew they would go 3 and out to start the game.

Granted without the full offseason I kind of understand why the Offense started slowly, but I also don't. It's not like we have a lot of new guys, most everyone has been in the system MT, TQS, Cooks, AK, Murray, Taysom, & Josh Hill. The only new guys were Sanders, Fowler, Trautman, & Calloway. We only replaced one O-lineman (Warford) with Eason who's been here and Ruiz. So it's not like much has changed but things just aren't clicking like normal.

I don't know exactly what it is, but I just don't see the fire / killer instinct in Drew that he's had in years past. Even in a clean pocket he just looks panicked and indecisive. I hope it's something he can correct and soon. Hopefully getting MT back will open a lot more things up, and the Offense will flow like were used to seeing it.

He has 3 INTs, not 2.

The picks in the Raiders and Chargers game were horrible. The Detroit pick was what we've had to live with for a decade+ now which is his size making him liable to get passes tipped and sometimes picked.

I hope he keeps the ugly INTs down to a minimum. I must say that even though he's taken a clear step back, that he's even able to perform at a good level is a testament to his overall greatness. But he can't do it alone like peak Drew. The defense will HAVE to step up. Can't stress this enough. If our defense doesn't get back to the way they were the last two seasons, even if we make the playoffs, it will be a quick out (again).
In the chargers game that interception looked like it could have been on the receiver. Looked like the receiver never saw the ball coming to him. Is that what y’all saw?

While I am loathe to discuss Tom Brady, this is the second time you've named dropped the man here. There's a bunch of reasons why the situations are different. Also there seems to be some mystical otherworldly force that compels the man to victory no matter the odds. Some call it clutch, call it what you will. Tom Brady and Bellicheck find ways to win in the playoffs, the Saints choke in the playoffs when the ball is in Drews hand.

Also in the AFC 13-3 guarantees you top seed any given year. 13-3 gets us squat. The strength of competition in our division and league are way higher than what Tom had to face.
The only choke by Brees I remember is 2019

Six straight playoff losses by one score. Each one of them, Drew Brees had a chance to put the game away and blew it. Costly interceptions, holding the ball too long, soul crushing fumbles, poor accuracy. He just cannot get it together in the playoffs.

You're really counting 2011 as his fault? Really? A year when okay, he threw a bunch of picks but still brought us back into it with like less than a minute for the D to totally dook the bed. And then 2017, when he did the same thing, and Marcus Williams botched a tackle so badly that it went down as one of the biggest blunders in NFL history. But then he played well enough to win in 2018 but the refs literally allowed the Rams to throw our receivers to the ground, yet that whole game is his fault for throwing a pick in OT.

Some of y'all deserve to be infinitely tied to Aaron Brooks / Jim Everett level QB play. This fan base is about to have a reality check next year.

Six straight playoff losses by one score. Each one of them, Drew Brees had a chance to put the game away and blew it. Costly interceptions, holding the ball too long, soul crushing fumbles, poor accuracy. He just cannot get it together in the playoffs.

Yeah, it was particularly painful when he missed that tackle in Minnesota, and lost track of Vernon Davis against the 49ers, when we blew leads in the last 10 seconds of the game.

Thanks for clearing that up.

In the chargers game that interception looked like it could have been on the receiver. Looked like the receiver never saw the ball coming to him. Is that what y’all saw?
Can never truly tell but it looks like the ball sailed way further than Drew wanted it to.

You're really counting 2011 as his fault? Really? A year when okay, he threw a bunch of picks but still brought us back into it with like less than a minute for the D to totally dook the bed. And then 2017, when he did the same thing, and Marcus Williams botched a tackle so badly that it went down as one of the biggest blunders in NFL history. But then he played well enough to win in 2018 but the refs literally allowed the Rams to throw our receivers to the ground, yet that whole game is his fault for throwing a pick in OT.

Some of y'all deserve to be infinitely tied to Aaron Brooks / Jim Everett level QB play. This fan base is about to have a reality check next year.

Yep.

There are a lot of Saints fans who have no idea what they are in for when we have to (hopefully briefly) fall back to an 18-28-ish ranked QB (or worse).

Last edited:
The problem with dink and dunking is a need for a defense that doesn’t give up a ton of explosive plays. You need a defense that makes stops consistently.

Top 5 is pushing it and I'm a huge Drew guy. He's arguably top 10 still, and some would argue he's in the 10-15 range. That's not a diss, the guy is 41 years old. Same with Brady. It's ok that other, younger, blossoming QBs are playing better than the old guys right now. It's not an indictment on Drew. His physical skills have diminished but his football IQ is only rivaled by Brady and Rodgers.

Edit: Before anyone asks me to name the 10 QBs this year better than Drew, I would say AS OF NOW (because I do have hope Drew can continue to ascend) that Rodgers, Wilson, Tannehill, Dak, Lamar, Mahomes, Allen, Goff, Carr, and maybe Brady (maybe) are having better seasons so far but it's only 5 weeks in and Drew has looked good the last three games.
Based on his passer rating he is exactly 10th of all the QBs that have enough attempts to qualify.

He did put the game away in all 3 of those losses. Put the Saints ahead with less then 2 mins to play. Defense allowed the opposing offenses to drive down the field and score.

Considering how we've played those stats are pretty good. Our offense is nowhere near where it could be. Also, we're averaging 30 points a game and offense hasn't even looked good for the most part. Something to look forward to.

For the people that want Winston out there have to realize there was no preseason, he probably doesn't even know the whole offense still. Nothing against him but he's had no game reps of any with anybody. He would not look good or play well at all.

True, and that’s 30 points without our D creating turnovers and giving us a short field. In 2009, it feels like the D helped us create so many turnovers, now we often have to start at the 25 yard line!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom