Brees last 4 games (1 Viewer)

Give me another stat...The amount of times Brees was able to throw a guy open by dropping it into a dime this season for 30+ yards on one play.

I love Drew, but he is not the same as we all knew

Key words: throw a guy open, not when they are already wide open. Because I know he still has the arm strength...It’s the accuracy on the deep balls when a defender Is draped all over the receiver is where he has declined

And don’t say the Kamara play...That was all Kamara, that ball was not accurate at all. Easily could’ve been intercepted

Last edited:
He's always had tons of short to intermediate completions. Kamara had one insane game with 139 yards receiving and hasn't reached that total with the last 2 games combined. Yet somehow Brees keeps managing to lead us to still remaining a top 5 scoring offense. It's also as if he's been doing this for 20 years. Almost as if he's used to relying heavily on one target and when defenses try to take that weapon away, he finds a new target.

Sanders has 18 catches for 215 yards in the last 2 games. I feel like the addition of Michael Thomas back in the lineup will make our offensive even more potent. I feel like the absence of Thomas did help because Brees has gotten more time with Sanders so when MT comes back teams will have to pick their poison. Doesn't matter if they run deep or not there's a lot of room within 20 yards of the line of scrimmage, you can't cover three good weapons easily

I don't understand the hate on the dink and dunking. Patriots won tons of Superbowls like that. Not to mention the people criticizing Brees for the defense, saying they're on the field too much, why would we want short quick scoring drives? Too put our mediocre defense on the field more? Or do they live in this fantasy land and think we should score 40+ each game? Something tells me even if we did score 40 it would still be a nail biter. I can just picture it being 40 to 39 with 2 mins left one of our dbs falls down
The Patriots never had to play in a solid division. The Patriots always had home field advantage in the playoffs. The Patriots have Goddell in their back pocket. We don't have any of those things consistently. Not to mention Brady usually had a top 15 defense.

He has 3 INTs, not 2.

The picks in the Raiders and Chargers game were horrible. The Detroit pick was what we've had to live with for a decade+ now which is his size making him liable to get passes tipped and sometimes picked.

I hope he keeps the ugly INTs down to a minimum. I must say that even though he's taken a clear step back, that he's even able to perform at a good level is a testament to his overall greatness. But he can't do it alone like peak Drew. The defense will HAVE to step up. Can't stress this enough. If our defense doesn't get back to the way they were the last two seasons, even if we make the playoffs, it will be a quick out (again).
He's had his passes tipped at the LOS at a lower percentage rate than most of the QBs during the past 15 years since he's been a Saint.

Give me another stat...The amount of times Brees was able to throw a guy open by dropping it into a dime this season for 30+ yards on one play.

I love Drew, but he is not the same as we all knew

Key words: throw a guy open, not when they are already wide open. Because I know he still has the arm strength...It’s the accuracy on the deep balls when a defender Is draped all over the receiver is where he has declined

And don’t say the Kamara play...That was all Kamara, that ball was not accurate at all. Easily could’ve been intercepted
Screenshot_20201015-005803.pngScreenshot_20201015-011902.pngScreenshot_20201015-012000.pngWhile he may not be in his prime he still has something left.
The Cook pass was thrown before he was wide open. A matchup against a linebacker, saw the guy slightly turn to look back and released it. What he lacks in elite arm strength he makes up with other skills.

I thought this one was good as wellScreenshot_20201015-004507.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201015-004436.png
    Screenshot_20201015-004436.png
    627.2 KB · Views: 1
Screenshot_20201015-005055.pngScreenshot_20201015-005115.pngScreenshot_20201015-005533.pngScreenshot_20201015-005647.png
Why are these guys caught off guard headed up field expecting a deeper pass? don't these defenders realize Brees can't throw that deep?

Yep.

There are a lot of Saints fans who have no idea what they are in for when we have to (hopefully briefly) fall back to an 18-28-ish ranked QB (or worse).
Look forward to it and I’ve been watching since the early 80’s. We have the saints version of Kenny stabler. At some point you gotta cut bait and move on to the future. This rerun of the same old stale, slow offense that has 5 passing plays and 3 are check downs is just insanity. Sorry, but we need some youth at QB, not someone trying to hold on to records.

Look forward to it and I’ve been watching since the early 80’s. We have the saints version of Kenny stabler. At some point you gotta cut bait and move on to the future. This rerun of the same old stale, slow offense that has 5 passing plays and 3 are check downs is just insanity. Sorry, but we need some youth at QB, not someone trying to hold on to records.

We have a 30 touchdown 5,000 yard thrower on the bench, and a Taysom Hill which the coaching staff feels is going to be huge in this league. Yeah, I'm not too worried about our future at QB.

Are we forgetting that we plugged a Teddy Bridgewater into this offense, who hadn't played a game in years, and we went undefeated?

Because new suck is better than old gold.

We have a 30 touchdown 5,000 yard thrower on the bench, and a Taysom Hill which the coaching staff feels is going to be huge in this league. Yeah, I'm not too worried about our future at QB.

Are we forgetting that we plugged a Teddy Bridgewater into this offense, who hadn't played a game in years, and we went undefeated?
That 30 TDs ad 5,000 yards comes with 30 INTs.

When we plugged Teddy in, scoring went down. But I remember those 2 bombs he threw in like 6 games. Super flashy.

You're insane if you think Taysom is a Drew Brees (today) level QB.

That 30 TDs ad 5,000 yards comes with 30 INTs.

When we plugged Teddy in, scoring went down. But I remember those 2 bombs he threw in like 6 games. Super flashy.

You're insane if you think Taysom is a Drew Brees (today) level QB.

Fun fact: Every QB that's ever played under the Bruce Arians offense had their career-high interceptions in their first year under Bruce Arians. Every-single-one.

Winston would not have 30 int's in New Orleans. Not even close.

Alaina you don't get it, I like you but you don't get it. It's not "bombs" that we're criticizing Drew Brees about. Arm strength is more than about "bombs". Drew Brees can no longer make the tight window passes where he anticipates where the reciever will be and throws him open. That is alarming no matter what your rose colored glasses are seeing. It's not just me saying that either.

Because new suck is better than old gold.

I don't get you at all right now. Do you not believe that men reach a point where they get old and can't do it anymore? If playing quarterback was nothing more than standing in the pocket and throwing a ball, we would have guys doing it well into their 50's. This is a game of inches, which means it's also a game of milliseconds. Milliseconds make the difference between completions and interceptions/incompletions EVERY weekend in the NFL. Drew's fastball is gone so please do the math.

We love Drew! But don't you get it? He just doesn't have it anymore. The arm is shot. Why can't you make yourself see it?

Last edited:
Drew couldn’t do it alone then. Our D is giving up 30 points a game. No QB and overcome that. Brees is still a top 5 QB in the league and will only get better as the season goes
Remember the days when it seemed as if our O was on the field 80% of the time? Now flip that around. Take your 40 hour work week and stack 20 on top of it. And see how cheery you are when people start to point out your warts and all.

Fun fact: Every QB that's ever played under the Bruce Arians offense had their career-high interceptions in their first year under Bruce Arians. Every-single-one.

Alaina you don't get it, I like you but you don't get it. It's not "bombs" that we're criticizing Drew Brees about. Arm strength is more than about "bombs". Drew Brees can no longer make the tight window passes where he anticipates where the reciever will be and throws him open. That is alarming no matter what your rose colored glasses are seeing. It's not just me saying that either.

This. Even Brady is tossing more bad balls that he's ever been known to do, and it clearly isn't age or arm strength. Winston, with what the Saints have at WR/RB right now, doesn't toss more than 10 INTs, and the ones he does throw are more likely shot plays 50 yards downfield. The WRs on the Saints roster are receivers that excelled deep in college. TQS and Callaway caught legit bombs at Tenn and UCF, and I've lost count of how many times we've seen Sanders and Harris wide open downfield only to see Brees double-clutch the chance away or force it into a safety's arms. This is the same predictable offense that got us knocked out of the playoffs the last two seasons, and now it's worse. Teams just aren't scared of Drew or any sort of long ball. Even worse, there hasn't been any heat on his throws all season long. There's just no feeling of being threatening when Drew's in the pocket anymore.

The only reason this team is scoring 30ppg right now is because every defense in the NFL decided to turn into the 2012 Saints this season.

So... how many threw 30?

I don't get it? Brees is still looking better than half the starters in the league, easily. He's not as accurate as he used to be, but he used to be the most accurate QB in the history of the game. Relatively speaking, I'm not seeing his accuracy drop off as a problem. He threw some really fine passes this week, actually.

I don't get you at all right now. Do you not believe that men reach a point where they get old and can't do it anymore? If playing quarterback was nothing more than standing in the pocket and throwing a ball, we would have guys doing it well into their 50's. This is a game of inches, which means it's also a game of milliseconds. Milliseconds make the difference between completions and interceptions/incompletions EVERY weekend in the NFL. Drew's fastball is gone so please do the math.

We love Drew! But don't you get it? He just doesn't have it anymore. The arm is shot. Why can't you make yourself see it?
Yes, people get old. That's no secret. However it's not like everyone ages at the same rate.

I get it, people like new toys. But right now we only have cheapo toys to replace a machine that's certainly getting the job done.

Six straight playoff losses by one score. Each one of them, Drew Brees had a chance to put the game away and blew it. Costly interceptions, holding the ball too long, soul crushing fumbles, poor accuracy. He just cannot get it together in the playoffs.

the statement above is utter lunacy, I’m sure GW, DA and all the defenders that gave up those last second scores would appreciate your opinion but I really don’t think many others would....

Yeah, it was particularly painful when he missed that tackle in Minnesota, and lost track of Vernon Davis against the 49ers, when we blew leads in the last 10 seconds of the game.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Exactly.....

You are conveniently forgetting about the 30 INT’s Winston threw. It seems to me you really don’t consider TD-INT ratio to be an important stat. When, in fact, more often than not the teams that have QB’s that have the better ratios are the better teams in the NFL.

If you think Winston or Hill are the better option right now, well, glad you aren’t making those decisions for the Saints.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom