Brees Last Dance (1 Viewer)

SaintsMan209

SB This year!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all, I hope you are staying safe and healthy during this challenging time. I miss all my WHODATS!

I have been thinking, if this is Brees last season, then I truly hope he goes out with another SB. I know how magical the 2009 season was for all of us and nothing will ever dampen that and yet I often feel a sense of disappointment that Brees only won one SB with the Saints. I'm shocked that the Saints never developed a defense that would help him be competitive for the big one. It is utterly shocking. How could Payton overlook this? Also, will our 2009 SB always be attributed to our opportunistic Gregg Williams run defense? Was that the only year the Saints fielded a formidable defense? Also, I know how bad we got robbed in 2018 but then we end up losing to the Vikings last year on our revenge tour? That doesn't make any sense. Anyway, as a Saints fan, I will always love the Saints, but I am still frustrated that we took one of the greatest players to ever step on the field and weren't able to help him win more championships. We aren't going to get another Drew Brees in my lifetime. There are only a handful of humans out there with those capabilities and they won't be coming our way anytime soon. What do you guys thin? Should we just get over it? Or do we need to make a big stink about this? I was thinking we should be letting all the defensive players know they weren't ever able to put it together. Cam Jordan, I am talking to you man.

Hi all, I hope you are staying safe and healthy during this challenging time. I miss all my WHODATS!

I have been thinking, if this is Brees last season, then I truly hope he goes out with another SB. I know how magical the 2009 season was for all of us and nothing will ever dampen that and yet I often feel a sense of disappointment that Brees only won one SB with the Saints. I'm shocked that the Saints never developed a defense that would help him be competitive for the big one. It is utterly shocking. How could Payton overlook this? Also, will our 2009 SB always be attributed to our opportunistic Gregg Williams run defense? Was that the only year the Saints fielded a formidable defense? Also, I know how bad we got robbed in 2018 but then we end up losing to the Vikings last year on our revenge tour? That doesn't make any sense. Anyway, as a Saints fan, I will always love the Saints, but I am still frustrated that we took one of the greatest players to ever step on the field and weren't able to help him win more championships. We aren't going to get another Drew Brees in my lifetime. There are only a handful of humans out there with those capabilities and they won't be coming our way anytime soon. What do you guys thin? Should we just get over it? Or do we need to make a big stink about this? I was thinking we should be letting all the defensive players know they weren't ever able to put it together. Cam Jordan, I am talking to you man.
Making a "big stink" about it won't make things better. Hopefully we make the right plays on the field that will get us that second ring.

Last edited:
We aren't going to get another Drew Brees in my lifetime. There are only a handful of humans out there with those capabilities and they won't be coming our way anytime soon.

The difference between Drew Brees and you being an NFL QB, is Drew Brees became OBSESSED with playing QB.

He is average height, average build, average arm talent. I give him props for developing above average athleticism...I attribute that to playing tennis. But really, he became obssessed with playing QB and played and studied how to play QB every minute of every day.

If there is a young man that wants to developed himself into a QB of Drew SKILL, he'd simply need to study and work as hard as Drew.

Drew's work ethic developed his skills to play QB, Drew wasn't born the way he is.

Drew Brees will be missed when he retires but I truly believe that as long as we have SP the Saints will always be in that number.

Teddy B was 5-0 last year while Drew was healing; so that tells me a good QB with some NFL experience can "carry" this team because

of the talent and depth we have. The Saint's won't be in a fix when Drew is gone, we are getting better on both the offense and defense

every year not to mention there's three other QB's that can possibly thrive on this team because of the winning culture this team has.

it's probable that brees has made a stink with cam jordan and other defenders thru the years

he also likely had a convo with his oline during the vikes debacle in january

Man my veins have bled black and gold for decades, nothing is going to prepare me fully for #9 retiring. it will be worse than any break up I ever went through (sorry ladies) lol. The only other time my heart ached badly was when Ricky hung up the cleats. We have been spoiled rotten with this man, the best ever.

Last edited:
The difference between Drew Brees and you being an NFL QB, is Drew Brees became OBSESSED with playing QB.

He is average height, average build, average arm talent. I give him props for developing above average athleticism...I attribute that to playing tennis. But really, he became obssessed with playing QB and played and studied how to play QB every minute of every day.

If there is a young man that wants to developed himself into a QB of Drew SKILL, he'd simply need to study and work as hard as Drew.

Drew's work ethic developed his skills to play QB, Drew wasn't born the way he is.
i think you're short selling his athletic ability a bit
yes he's the ultimate worker and competitor but he's a physical freak as well

Man my veins have bled black and gold for decades, nothing is going to prepare me fully for #9 retiring. it will be worse than any break up I ever went through (sorry ladies) lol. The only other time my heart ached badly was when was Ricky hung up the cleats. We have been spoiled rotten with this man, the best ever.
Well said, thank you!!!

I love Drew. I have a framed picture of the 70,000 yard passing game above my head in my home office where I am typing this. In saying that, sometimes due to those around him and at other times because of uncharacteristic errors on his own part, Drew does not really have a record of delivering in those clutch situations in the playoffs which to me is part of the reason The Last Dance so riveting. Jordan has a single-minded focus on winning right throughout the documentary, and it explains (and attempts to excuse) everything: the way he plays, the way he lives, the way he interacts with people like his teammates. But the payoff is that the Bulls win and in Jordan is usually the star.

The second half of the Minnesota Miracle game, to me, was the one time Drew really performed at an absolutely elite level in the post-season (yeah, Super Bowl MVP, I know). As much as it hurts me to say it, and as great as it would be to see Drew's meticulous preparation up close and the way he relates to the people around him, I don't think the premise would work with the Saints. Unless we were to come out and win the Super Bowl this season, of course.

He's gonna play out both years of this contract.

if you want to frame it as his last dance, then think of this season as his junior prom.

nothing is guaranteed. But it is also fairly delusional to think there is a good chance it isn’t. It should be and it probably will be.

No it isn't delusional at all. Folks change their minds everyday. Because as he said himself as long as he's healthy and still playing at a high level why not? What is fairly delusional is to assume you know what he will do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom