Brees long-ball, is it low-key back? (1 Viewer)

Hard disagree. TB12 threw the ball significantly better today. Yeah he had 2 INTs but I thought there was a pretty significant difference between the velocity and accuracy of the two.
No gotta disagree. Tom looked terrible. Belidaddy wasn’t around and he couldn’t find nerf balls. He looked exactly like an aged qb today. Horrendous

He def worked hard strengthening his arm, and it appeared to have more zip...he still seems to look downfield and immediately takes his eyes down for the check-down. It is risk adverse and generally smart, but man do I miss the long ball element in our offense. I guess we can continue to manufacture it via Taysom, but it is something we will need sooner or later from Brees.

Nice to see the longer throws. That one was 43 Air Yards to Cook.

Although I could not see how well his feet were planted, it looked from his torso /shoulder rotation and follow-through that this might be close to his max range. An improvement over last year it seems but short of the 55-63 air yards the younger studs can toss.

It won't matter if the O-line can not protect him long enough for deeper routes to develop.

No gotta disagree. Tom looked terrible. Belidaddy wasn’t around and he couldn’t find nerf balls. He looked exactly like an aged qb today. Horrendous

Sure he didn’t play the best game.

His arm strength was significantly better today than Brees. A large majority of Brees throws today where off target and floated.

No chance. You’re completely off base there. You have it backwards

Completely off base??
Brees averaged 5.3 YPA today.. you are just straight up lying to yourself if you think his arm didn’t look sketchy today.

Brady threw some absolute dimes today.

Also worth noting their defense dropped 2 potential interceptions.

What game did you watch? Turn off your beer goggles fren
[/QUOTE

Everyone watched the same game. Brees was inaccurate most of the day. Head scratcher throws in triple coverage. Heck, just look on the game day post, most everyone was calling for taysom to come in and replace Brees.

Completely off base??
Brees averaged 5.3 YPA today.. you are just straight up lying to yourself if you think his arm didn’t look sketchy today.

Brady threw some absolute dimes today.

Also worth noting their defense dropped 2 potential interceptions.
Brees throws when he was pressured, on the move, or couldn’t set were off target or floaty. When he could set his feet or step through the throw he was able to get the ball further down field.

But for a stretch in the 3rd quarter he looked older than Brady.

He’s going to need a clean pocket.

Did he even throw it further than 20 yards in the first half? Either the play calling or Drew's choices were downright pathetic. Seemed like only 1 of his first 12 passes went further than 5 yards past the LOS. You wouldn't know we had TQS, Sanders, Michael Thomas and a couple of seam running vertical TE's. It did look like he was on the money to Cook, and on replay, looked like he was on the money on the play Sanders wasn't allowed to freely jump. But man he was awful elsewhere. And what's up with trying to run with 10 defenders within 5 yards of the LOS before the snap? Insane.

Tampa's defense was able to frustrate the Saints because Drew/Payton refused to throw the ball more than 10 yards with great regularity. Drew had 94 yards in the 3rd quarter before connecting that 46 yard pass to Cook. Looked like Tyrod Taylor was our QB.

I've heard the story that Brees has been focusing on arm strength this offseason. I think it showed on the pretty pass he threw Cook down the field. That may be the best deep ball he's thrown in at least two years. However, he was not as accurate today as he normally is. You can see that in the stats and it was obvious on the field today. The Bucs dropped a couple interceptions. So, did our defense. I'm hoping Brees's accuracy gets better. Maybe the lack of preseason has thrown off his accuracy and timing. Today's game was not enough by itself to tell us what kind of season he will have.

Nice to see the longer throws. That one was 43 Air Yards to Cook.

The pass to Cook was about 48 air yards from the exact spot he threw it to where it was caught. He "gained" some air yards because of the angle. Had to break out some old High School Trigonometry for that one. Also had to look up the exact width of the field and where the hash marks are located relative to the sideline.

I’m not worried about his lack of accuracy. This offense with Payton and Brees has always been about timing and throwing to a point. Which means your WR has to be at that point. If he’s not it doesn’t make a difference if he’s joe Montana or drew brees or whoever. With a timing offense that WR has to be exactly where he should be when he should be there. It’s too early in the year and with no preseason games and limited practice I thought he looked pretty darn good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom