Brees & Mahomes (1 Viewer)

That was harsh I admit. Apologies but my point was that cb1’s aren’t readily available at your corner store. They’re probably just as rare as top tier qbs tbh. And Lattimore is arguably the most well rounded shutdown corner in the league. I’ve heard that said on sports analysts shows, written word and I believe that myself. He always takes on the toughest matchup and locks them down most times. I know saints fans can be critical of his performance but those are also the same fans that have criticized Drew’s greatness previously too so gotta take that with a grain of salt.

The difference between the Chiefs and the Saints is that the Chiefs offense didn't choke when it mattered. That's why they have a ring this decade and we don't.
Then the difference is that the NFL wanted the Chiefs to win a SB and not the Saints. Giving up 31 points and then holding the opponent to none while you put up 51 is a TV rating dream. Kelce wearing a WWE belt during the parade says it all.

If anyone doubts that the players are merely acting watch this.

Brees would've started til he retired. Payton is loyal to his veterans. Remember an aging strief started in front of all pro ramczyk

Brees would've started til he retired. Payton is loyal to his veterans. Remember an aging strief started in front of all pro ramczyk
Not sure it's loyalty to vets. It's more a matter of trusting the player with experience. There have been exceptions, notably Colston, who made Stallworth tradable and Michael Thomas, who was just incredibly awesome from the beginning. I guess we need to include Erik McCoy, who apparently outplayed Easton, in the list of rookies who supplanted veterans.
The Strief/Ramczyk example is more typical for sure, but there have been a few exceptions.

What would Loomis and the Saints been offered by KC to pick up Mahomes with the Saints pick?

Now that is interesting

What did they give up to move up to ten?

I don’t remember

Would that have been worth losing out on both Mahomes and Lattimore?

So the word on the street is Sean Payton was prepared to pick Patrick Mahomes with the 11th pick

If the Chiefs don’t swoop in to 10 and he is there and we pick him at 11 what would that have meant for Drew Brees?

You can easily argue that the past three seasons have been some of the best football Drew has played

Would have kept Mahomes on the bench in an Aaron Rogers/ Brett Favre situation?

Or would have Mahomes been so good in practice/preseason that there would be no way to keep him from the field and we have traded or not resigned Brees?

I do think that if Mahomes was On the roster he’d have been Drew’s backup for the last 3 years but this offseason I feel like we would have made the transition (but I’d still want Brees to come back and be the starter)

Would we have already moved on from Drew if we drafted Mahomes?

We'd have never fixed the pass defense if not for the 2017 draft happening EXACTLY the way it happened. Remember, it took four years to replace Jabari Greer at CB1 after he went down in '13 and couldn't ever come back, then Keenan Lewis flamed out rather quickly thanks to injuries and such.

Sure, it kinda stinks not having a bona fide young QB in the wings to step in easily. But at least the Brees era has had a smoother landing to it with a competent defense that's been good enough to post a coupla 13-3 seasons in a row.

Yeah I mean Payton isn't going to come out and say "I did a poor job of concealing my interest in Mahomes and we got snaked, but I'm happy we got our second choice!". We'll never know.
We do we had eyes and ears in the room that came out and told us what it was like in the war room why would he lie at a press conference . We clearly wanted Mahomes but we’re just as happy with Lattimore

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom