Brees & Mahomes (1 Viewer)

Nope. We win zero because our defense would have shirt the bed no matter how many times Maholmes comes from behind.
Well he just won the Superbowl with a worse defense than ours...
Only difference is his D likes to sheet the bed early and ours late.

Payton wanted Mahomes the golfer I forget his name had no reason to lie and he said this publicly him and Lattimore were the highest players on

Mahomes would’ve probably sat his rookie year and 2018 . 2019 who knows but I tell you what if he would’ve came out the gate how he did in 2018 MVP season during those 5 games Brees missed THERES NOWAY POSSIBLE BRESS gets to come back and play I don’t think the lord himself could’ve started hotter than he was that season beasting Manning’s historic 56 TD MVP season to start off
I don’t see that he would have sat any longer than his rookie year. Drew carries on playing because he knows he’s still the best QB on the team. After one year of seeing Mahomes in practice he would have known that wasn’t the case any more.

Not saying Drew would have necessarily retired, but Mahomes would have started in 2018.

Well he just won the Superbowl with a worse defense than ours...
Only difference is his D likes to shirt the bed early and ours late.
His defense played pretty good in the playoffs. Saints weren't meant to go to the Super Bowl last 10 years so Maholmes or Brees doesn't matter. I don't believe we ever had a chance to draft him. Some team would have jumped in front of us unless we had the 1 pick.

This is probably blasphemous but Mahomes wouldn’t necessarily have performed so well with Saints as he has with Chiefs. Reid’s offense and those weapons are a big part of his play. Without the speed of the Chief’s weapons Mahomes would not have been able to show off his incredible talents as quickly as he did.

I may be crazy but....

I would trade the last few seasons with Drew Brees over a Super Bowl win with any other QB. If, given the option, I would rather DB return next year rather than any other QB currently playing, including Mahomes. What I would take, if possible, would be a DB duo with a rookie QB like Burrow, splitting snaps, to transition to a new QB following this season. I am not ready to get completely off the Drew Brees train yet, however.

The man has been the absolute life blood of the team for longer than I have been watching football. He, and Coach Payton, are the reasons that I am now a football fanatic. Watching Drew Brees run the two minute drill is one of the greatest thrills of the game. I, for one, am glad that we did NOT draft Mahomes when we had the chance.

Just give me one more great season. It's all I ask.

His defense played pretty good in the playoffs. Saints weren't meant to go to the Super Bowl last 10 years so Maholmes or Brees doesn't matter. I don't believe we ever had a chance to draft him. Some team would have jumped in front of us unless we had the 1 pick.

Right. QB play has not been a problem for us. With Mohomas or Brees we still suck in 2 of the 3 phases of the game most seasons.

If we had drafted Mahomes. We would have won at least one of the last 2 Superbowls.

Lattimore is a big piece of the puzzle but I’m sure the FO could have found a good enough CB1 through free agency or a trade, especially with the cap space assuming Drew wasn’t on the roster.

the cool thing about alternate universes is that we are all right about what we are sure would have happened. It’s just a mater of which universe we are talking about.

your right. I’m right. Swimmer is right. Even David Robbins... well maybe. I don’t really know how many universes there are.

the cool thing about alternate universes is that we are all right about what we are sure would have happened. It’s just a mater of which universe we are talking about.

your right. I’m right. Swimmer is right. Even David Robbins... well maybe. I don’t really know how many universes there are.
Imagine a box...

Don't forget about Pete being right as well.

If we had drafted Mahomes. We would have won at least one of the last 2 Superbowls.

Lattimore is a big piece of the puzzle but I’m sure the FO could have found a good enough CB1 through free agency or a trade, especially with the cap space assuming Drew wasn’t on the roster.

My only problem with this is the lack of ever finding CB1 with this team outside of Latt

His defense played pretty good in the playoffs.

Absolutely not.

The Chiefs defense performed significantly worse in this playoffs than the Saints' defense has in any of the last three postseasons. The Chiefs' defense gave up 31, 24, and 20 in regulation in their Super Bowl run. The Saints defense has given up 20, 20, and 14 in their last three playoff games. The Chiefs' defense's best performance is the same output as the Saints' defense's worst performance.

The difference between the Chiefs and the Saints is that the Chiefs offense didn't choke when it mattered. That's why they have a ring this decade and we don't.

Last edited:
My only problem with this is the lack of ever finding CB1 with this team outside of Latt
It’s easier to make the moves when you have a QB on a rookie deal.
Other teams have been making these moves because of this exact reason. Particularly the Rams.
The Patrick Peterson rumour might have become reality for example.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom