Brees might be #3 next week! (1 Viewer)

but i think there is a real possibility that Brees could be the #1 QB in NFL history when all is said and done.

No one is ever going to be the consensus #1 QB in NFL history. Just isn't like basketball, football defies that sort of consensus subjective judgment.

No one is ever going to be the consensus #1 QB in NFL history. Just isn't like basketball, football defies that sort of consensus subjective judgment.

I need to find my dictionary. :hihi:

It is probably close to impossible. He would have to blow Marinos record out of the water. He will get to #1 soon enough he enough. But no doubt he is the best qb we have ever had.

He still has (health permitting) around 6 SOLID years left, and he can stretch maybe 10 good years. He will beat Bradys' TD record, and hopefully Marinos yardage record. He has to have atleast ONE superbowl though, to be the best I think. If he can win it this year, he can just 'brees' by the other records

He still has (health permitting) around 6 SOLID years left, and he can stretch maybe 10 good years. He will beat Bradys' TD record, and hopefully Marinos yardage record. He has to have atleast ONE superbowl though, to be the best I think. If he can win it this year, he can just 'brees' by the other records

He still has 3 retirements left.

I would say that Joe Montana is as close as youll get to footballs version of Michael Jordan. Marino, Favre, Elway, etc. had better numbers which is why there is no real consensus - Montana is regarded as THE clutch QB when the QBs I mentioned had problems in the clutch - remember Elway lost quite a few SBs before he won one. Jordan dominated all facets of the game, regular season and post season.

I would say that Joe Montana is as close as youll get to footballs version of Michael Jordan.

see, i think you could find just as many people who would say that Elway is the all-time greatest instead of Montana... and i think in ten years, Brady :)mad:) will be thought of on equal footing with Montana & Elway, Favre too.

Personally, and i know i'm in the minority on this, but i think Marino's the greatest ever... i know he never won it all, but to me he was so awesome that it doesn't matter.

Archie Manning - 11 yrs - 21734 yds passing
Aaron Brooks - 6 yrs - 19156 yds passing
Bobby Hebert - 7 yrs - 14630 yds passing

Drew Brees - 4 yrs - 14268 yds passing

4 yrs is inaccurate.
3 years and 2 games is more precise.

He may go down as the greatest Saints QB ever, but not the greatest in the NFL. The best qb is messured by rings, Brees would need 3 or 4 rings to even be in talks about being the greatest ever. Myself, i would be happy if he got one.

Archie Manning - 11 yrs - 21734 yds passing
Aaron Brooks - 6 yrs - 19156 yds passing
Bobby Hebert - 7 yrs - 14630 yds passing
Drew Brees - 4 yrs - 14268 yds passing

Win/Loss records aside, do you think Brees will move into the #2 slot by the end of the season?

Maybe, but I doubt it. It is a tall task to throw for 5k yds. two years in a row. I wouldn't mind seeing some of those passing yards being used as rushing yards. We shall see.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom