Brees needs 36 yards to pass Marino on the all tine list (1 Viewer)

Google search "greatest QBs of all time" and look how Drew is frequently left out of the top fifteen on many lists. The CBS list makes no mention of him, and the top comment is one chastising CBS for leaving him off.

Is there is a reason for the disrespect?

I would like to see him get the yardage and touchdown records.

the yardage and completions records will be shattered in 2018. The touchdown record will be within reach that same season as Brees has to average 37 tds during that time. Obviously he is well on his way to 37 this year.

his completion percentage should continue to climb right to the 67 % mark, almost untouchable

I'd like to see him complete this 5 year contract and end up with 85,000 yards and 600 touchdowns

Google search "greatest QBs of all time" and look how Drew is frequently left out of the top fifteen on many lists. The CBS list makes no mention of him, and the top comment is one chastising CBS for leaving him off.

Our defense.

Drew is a solid, old fashioned, family values guy. He doesn't share many of the beliefs and values of the big city sports media

Sometimes I wonder if Payton's relationship with the press is a small factor.

I'm sure a little of the blame can go to the small market that Drew plays in. It's hard to get attention way down here, especially since Brees doesn't seek attention anyway.

Personally, I like Drew better the way he is. I don't like divas and attention seekers.

And what bclemms said.

I think "disrespect" is a strong way to put it. Brees will probably retire as the all time leader in yards and maybe few other categories but you cant compare stats of today to stats in the 70s and 80s and even the 90s to some extent due to differences in the rules if the game. The guys on that list deserve to be there.

And of course the other problem is now having 4 losing seasons out of his 10 here even though that his due to having the worst defense in the league for a few of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Defense was alright for several years. 2011 Brees got robbed. Not only robbed, but he barely got a vote at all. Maybe defense seems like the right answer for Why Drew can't sniff the MVP award right now, but that couldn't have been it before.

I blame the small market I guess. But then what about Cam? Carolina market is certainly no Boston or NY...

I think "disrespect" is a strong way to put it. Brees will probably retire as the all time leader in yards and maybe few other categories but you cant compare stats of today to stats in the 70s and 80s and even the 90s to some extent due to differences in the rules if the game. The guys on that list deserve to be there.

And of course the other problem is now having 4 losing seasons out of his 10 here even though that his due to having the worst defense in the league for a few of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has a ring and is guaranteed to be a top three guy in all of the important QB stats, if not the number one guy before he retires. Yet people leave him completely off of top ten or top fifteen lists. That's a bit of disrespect. Especially since Rodgers is already getting on those lists. When people in the sports media talk about "elite QBs", some ridiculous names come up. Rarely does Brees come up. Right now, the QBs in the NFL who should be call elite are Brady and Rodgers and of course, Brees. Newton hasn't had the seasons, Romo sucks, etc.

Keep on keepin on, Drew.
would love to him crack that #1 spot

Someone used to have a web page with all of Brees' records. Is that page still up, and what is the URL?

Thanks,,,

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom