Brees needs just 1 TD against Bills to match another NFL record - 2 TDs to break it - article (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Saints head to Buffalo for game 3
Thursday, 24 September 2009
Associated Press / Stats Reporting

New Orleans has looked virtually unstoppable in a pair of dominating victories. Following a 45-27 home win over Detroit in the season opener, the Saints blew out the Eagles 48-22 in Philadelphia last Sunday.

Brees has totaled 669 yards passing and nine touchdowns in the wins, completing 75 percent of his passes and easily leading the league with a 132.9 passer rating.

He needs just one touchdown pass against Buffalo to match the NFL record for the most in the first three games of a season, currently shared by Dan Marino (1984, 1986), Jim Kelly (1991), Brett Favre (1996) Drew Bledsoe (1997) and Tom Brady (2007). Of that group, only Marino in 1986 and Bledsoe failed to lead their team to the Super Bowl.

Brees, however, is keeping the early-season success in perspective.
More...
http://www.wwl.com/pages/5296938.php?

Drew will be keeping some pretty good company come Sunday. My bet is, by season's end, he'll be in the Brady, Farve, & Kelly company by leading the Saints to SB 44, the same year he breaks his 10 TDs in the 1st three games record.

I am thinking 12 at least. Maybe 13. Just blow that record out of the water Drew.

As low a level as the Bills are playing in their secondary, I would be a bit shocked if he didn't throw at least 3.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom